Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

944 Turbo Facebook Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 11:52 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I wish the best to the FB group but like I said it is not for me. I am convinced I would never have read a thread about Corleone, the "Green Hunter, or even Bob Norwood over on FB. If you look at the innovation that has occurred in this forum, its record speaks for itself. Sure ideas are tested in a critical way but that is how great ideas are refined. I am much more comfortable sharing ideas in a somewhat structured environment as I really do not have the time for all the noise. But hey I am old
Old 02-27-2015, 02:15 AM
Stage5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you my good man!
Old 02-27-2015, 02:37 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by refresh951
But hey I am old
nahhh,
Old 02-27-2015, 10:08 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would agree that you may be criticized far more over here for thinking outside the box. However, it keeps you on your toes.

I know first hand from when I joined after being on pelican.

Supercharged NA- check
E85 - check (the pushback on this was intense)
Inexpensive stroker build - check

There was a bit of flack to overcome, but in the end they all proved out.

Ifihad presented these ideas on FB (the first two predate FB) They most likely would have been quickly passed over and quickly forgotten (after listening every opinion of course)
Old 02-27-2015, 10:46 AM
e34nication
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

The FB page is pretty brutal... I check it for the pictures and try not to read the comments.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:27 PM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Shawn, what's wrong with Bob Norwood?!?
Old 02-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Stage5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blown 944
I would agree that you may be criticized far more over here for thinking outside the box. However, it keeps you on your toes.

I know first hand from when I joined after being on pelican.

Supercharged NA- check
E85 - check (the pushback on this was intense)
Inexpensive stroker build - check

There was a bit of flack to overcome, but in the end they all proved out.

Ifihad presented these ideas on FB (the first two predate FB) They most likely would have been quickly passed over and quickly forgotten (after listening every opinion of course)
The push back can be insane! But I like you persevered. Turbocharged my 83, that was a blast until I blew my headgasket. Used that as a reason to swap a S motor in. That now has a PASSENGER side turbo in the works, coil on plug conversion, a trick intake setup, e85, plenty of other goodies.

Debating on that stroker I have seen the gains made. But I want roughly a 8000rpm redline and I'm 80% sure I can do it on wetsump. It can be done on the longer stroke I know, but one variable at a time, and I don't want to risk butching the 3.0 crank.

I'll give RL a fair go around again. To be honest it may have been a little biased. The p car is relatively new to me with me having owned two for the past two and a half years. I have been through quite a few other platforms and invested time in them, and had grown tired of forums all together long before I made it to RL.

I LOVE a good technical debate. Love it!
Old 02-28-2015, 11:38 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

I think there are pro's for both 'styles'. Certainly there is a bigger library of information and input on Rennlist. That's not in question. And certainly there's a lot of noise on FB. Having said that, I kinda scratch my head on how a thread about an incorrectly spelled roof part is not too far away from 100,000 views...so what do I know, lol.

Hopefully we can glean the best bits from all formats. I still scope around on various other forums for our cars too. Have seen and spoken with people from all over the world and continue to learn every day about these cars. What's not to like. :-)
Old 03-01-2015, 09:39 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
That's what I've seen as well. I was slow to make the jump from the old mailing list to this forum back in the day, so I tried giving the FB group a chance, but there's just no there there.... Even if you could search it, I'm not sure there's much to find. If you want 25 opinions on the proper o-ring configuration for a dipstick guide tube, this is still the place to be.
This is DEFINITELY the place for dipsticks.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:42 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

ps Thank you for the O-rings.

Quick Reply: 944 Turbo Facebook Group