Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

m-tune tuner/logger

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 08:19 PM
bumflick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant View Post
I expect that it will be supplied with all optional maps populated... the idea is to make the kit even more universal, so if you have a 2.5L and later switch to 3.0L that the Map is already there, no need to for a chip-swap. Same thing if you wanted to try E85 vs race gasoline.
Furthermore, the Maps are now open, so the functionality of my DME Tuner setup is being built-into the new chip, and will come standard (you just need to be able to burn chips or get an emulator to take advantage of the open hardware).

Do you have a recommendation on the emulator? Is this any good? -> eprom emulator ostrich2.0 from moates.net Was recommended on an E30 site for motronic
Old 01-20-2015, 08:40 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bumflick
Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant View Post
I expect that it will be supplied with all optional maps populated... the idea is to make the kit even more universal, so if you have a 2.5L and later switch to 3.0L that the Map is already there, no need to for a chip-swap. Same thing if you wanted to try E85 vs race gasoline.
Furthermore, the Maps are now open, so the functionality of my DME Tuner setup is being built-into the new chip, and will come standard (you just need to be able to burn chips or get an emulator to take advantage of the open hardware).

Do you have a recommendation on the emulator? Is this any good? -> eprom emulator ostrich2.0 from moates.net Was recommended on an E30 site for motronic
Ostrich will work fine and is easy to use. With it, the new M Tune will have the functionality of the Rogue Tuner included. I know for a fact Joshua spent a lot of time changing the software structure to allow open access to the maps. The new M-Tune is awesome.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:51 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnman82
You're awesome Joshua! I'm hoping stealth is still in the talk...
On the back-burner, but I'll get back to it at some point...

Originally Posted by aglaes
Josh - Are you still offering the 24 pin to 28 pin DME conversion service? or will LR offer it?
Hmm, I think that will be handled through LR.

Originally Posted by mtnman82
Don't want to step on any toes, so only if Josh doesn't do this anymore...

I could help out on the conversions. I have 3 decades experience with electronics, have a recent J-STD-001 soldering certification, and have worked on electronics launched off military aircraft. And I've done several of these conversions all ready.

Like I said, I'd be happy to help out but only if appropriate and not stepping on toes.
You are not stepping on my toes

Originally Posted by Bill
Josh - Any updates? Is your updated kit available at Lindsey Racing yet? I am ready to make a purchase.
I believe LR is taking pre-orders now. We are working as fast as possible to get everything done.

Originally Posted by bumflick
As Shawn said, the Ostrich2.0 is the one to use.

Originally Posted by refresh951
Ostrich will work fine and is easy to use. With it, the new M Tune will have the functionality of the Rogue Tuner included. I know for a fact Joshua spent a lot of time changing the software structure to allow open access to the maps. The new M-Tune is awesome.
Thanks for the compliments!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

I'm certainly looking forward to using this system on my 3L project currently in progress. Planning on a purchase later this year (mid-summer time frame).
Old 01-20-2015, 10:20 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Josh, will be sending you an email.

Thanks
Old 01-21-2015, 12:41 AM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have both the logger and tuner. I want to log from my race car. Anyone think of a good solution? I tried a 7" windows tablet but tuner pro does not work well on it. Mounting a laptop in the car does not sound very safe
Old 03-14-2015, 05:57 PM
running_cold924
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any word on this yet? I mean I see that the new version has tuning/logging capability but what to do for us old users?

Quick Reply: m-tune tuner/logger