Lindsey racing experience....

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 06:52 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I forgot to mention that the standard Porsche retail price on our $12 bolt is $14.59. Some dealers charge more then retail on small items like this. We charged you less.

You also sent us through our web site a threatening email in which we now know you carried out your threat. You left a bogus email for us to contact you in that threat. We know because we tried.
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 12-16-2014, 07:13 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fiily
Sorry about the rant, but this is why I try to buy used off forums and keep the regular folks going, and not feed the machine.
I personally am very thankful for LR. They have been a great help to me over the years. I am as cheap as they come but would gladly pay $12 shipping to them and have many times. Reliable suppliers for our cars are few and far between.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:07 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

To add to their shipping help

Last spring I purchased a Michael Mount cylinder head from Shawn "refresh951" above.

4 years ago I had a second LR Level 2 head I purchased from Craig "Landjet" on RL

Both Shawn and Craig shipped the heads to LR for me to save shipping costs for them and me since I am in Calgary.

The Level 2 head sat at LR for about 4 years

The Michael Mount head sat there about a month.

Lindsey Racing went out of their way to store the first head and then shipped both cylinder heads to me when I wanted them. Find me a business that would do that for you....not very likely.

Storing the head and then shipping both to me saved me a ton in taxes, duty and shipping.

SO UMMM YA!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:04 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

you guys want to know something about Lindsey that I learned first hand. I have been selling 951 parts since 2003, I am probably the original 951 wrecking co, but no other USED parts made by ANY other vendor retail as high as LR products, I have verified this fact over and over again, if I see a modded 951 with a lot of LR parts Iam all over because they keep their value up to 80% of their original price. Amazing isn't?
Old 12-16-2014, 09:14 PM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
I forgot to mention that the standard Porsche retail price on our $12 bolt is $14.59. Some dealers charge more then retail on small items like this. We charged you less.

You also sent us through our web site a threatening email in which we now know you carried out your threat. You left a bogus email for us to contact you in that threat. We know because we tried.
Add my review here that I submitted on your website, the only difference between that review and my original post is I added the actual shipping cost here on rennlist.

Now, you are lying and trying to win sentiment to your cause.

I did not send a threatening email, I sent you my honest review of your products and shipping costs, and my initial post wasn't a threat, it was carried out to show that your shipping prices are outrageous.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:42 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by lart951
you guys want to know something about Lindsey that I learned first hand. I have been selling 951 parts since 2003, I am probably the original 951 wrecking co, but no other USED parts made by ANY other vendor retail as high as LR products, I have verified this fact over and over again, if I see a modded 951 with a lot of LR parts Iam all over because they keep their value up to 80% of their original price. Amazing isn't?
Lart,

I agree, Lindsey makes quality stuff and they deserve to charge a price for their products.

Never in this thread did I knock their service, products or diminish their products value or ROI.

My beef was with the shipping prices.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fiily
Add my review here that I submitted on your website, the only difference between that review and my original post is I added the actual shipping cost here on rennlist.

Now, you are lying and trying to win sentiment to your cause.

I did not send a threatening email, I sent you my honest review of your products and shipping costs, and my initial post wasn't a threat, it was carried out to show that your shipping prices are outrageous.
A new product review has been posted. Product Name: BANJO BOLT INTAKE LONG (2 PORT) 944T Product Code: INT-BANJO-2 Title: Banjo Bolt perfect, shipping costs...outrageous! Review: So I needed a banjo bolt and 2 new copper crush washers for my 951 intake. $12 for the banjo bolt and $1/ea. for the copper crush washers. Almost $11 shipping for a 2oz bag, outrageous!!! UPS shipping ground to boot, not a priority overnight, I ship out plenty of stuff and I have never bamboozled people for 900% markup, c'mon Linsdey Racing. Treat people right, and they tell 2 people. Treat people wrong, they tell 10 people about their negative experience. Just blows my mind still. Posted By: PVK pvk@gmail.com

There you go. Along with your bogus email.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:01 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is definitely unnecessary. While that is a very high shipping cost for a small item; UPS is expensive for small items, it is what it is. The price is clear on the website when placing an order. If you don't like it, order elsewhere.

I will take the opportunity to say that I as a customer prefer to be shipped items using USPS priority over UPS ground. I think any difference in pickup time is made up for in shipping time. USPS priority is, in my experience faster and cheaper than UPS ground.

I remember when Paragon started using USPS for small items and the reduction in shipping times (Texas to CT) was great.

Lart,

Your quote looks like it is for a 12x12x12 box. Does the quote change for a small package?
Old 12-16-2014, 10:15 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also ... 944online only charges $7 for shipping for small items. And they have the banjo bolt.

http://www.944online.com/cgi-bin/ASI_Store.cgi?Product+skukey_1000323

Lindsey sells a lot of large items so its not surprising to me that they are not optimized for getting small items out the door for cheap.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:23 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by adrial
Also ... 944online only charges $7 for shipping for small items. And they have the banjo bolt.

http://www.944online.com/cgi-bin/ASI...skukey_1000323

Lindsey sells a lot of large items so its not surprising to me that they are not optimized for getting small items out the door for cheap.
I just purchased the ICV hoses and clamps from him last week. Prices are right in line with everyone else and shipping was very reasonable, no complaints here.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:13 PM
glen2002
Racer

Mike, Dave and Tracy, a thread like this just reminds me to say thanks for the great service you provide. Either shipping direct to Australia or to an intermediary in the US, Tracy in particular was always on top of it. It is comforting just to know that a one stop 951 shop exists.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:27 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by glen2002
Mike, Dave and Tracy, a thread like this just reminds me to say thanks for the great service you provide. Either shipping direct to Australia or to an intermediary in the US, Tracy in particular was always on top of it. It is comforting just to know that a one stop 951 shop exists.
I agree that Lindsey offer a great variety of products, and I am thankful they are around. To say that shipping via USPS is a stupid business decision floors me.

Your consumers are what pay the bills in business, big or small. In this day and age of fast/free shipping, I would think to compete you would need to offer great products, service, and quick affordable shipping.

I know when I buy something online, whether $.01 or $25000, I want it here yesterday. I raised in this forum a concern that I believe plenty of people have, slow and expensive shipping deter people from buying items, Amazon figured it out, why can't LR?

Again, mea culpa for clicking on the button knowing shipping charges. Never again.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:30 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I love how Fiily is trying to tell LR how to run their business. Obviously USPS doesn't support LR's needs for shipping so they don't use them and don't list them on their shipping menu. Me personally I hate USPS, I'll use UPS even if it means spending an extra $5-$10. I just don't understand how you can select your order, select your shipping, and pay your bill, and then complain that it was too much. You should be mad at yourself for fooling yourself into thinking it would be shipped some other way then what you selected . LR has been in business for many many years, I think they know what works best for them and their customers then you do.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:34 PM
fiily
Pro

[QUOTE=fast924S;11882007]I love how Fiily is trying to tell LR how to run their business.[QUOTE=fast924S;11882007]

You caught that. I call it constructive criticism, or critical thinking.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:40 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=fiily;11882013][QUOTE=fast924S;11882007]I love how Fiily is trying to tell LR how to run their business.
Originally Posted by fast924S

You caught that. I call it constructive criticism, or critical thinking.
Try using that "critical thinking" next time your selecting your shipping

Quick Reply: Lindsey racing experience....