Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: How do you use your 951 fog lights?
I use the fog lights whenever the headlights are on as supplementary light.
20.00%
I use the fog lights only in extremely poor weather when headlights don't work properly.
16.67%
I use the fog lights at dawn/dusk until I need to switch my actual headlights on.
21.67%
I use the fog lights always as daytime-running lights (DRLs)
26.67%
I don't use the fog lights.
15.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Your actual/typical foglight usage

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 08:56 AM
blade7
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Complete fog lights are around $300 each here now, I've fitted Perspex covers over mine but if one got broken I'd look to replace them with a pair of small round projector lamps, one fog and one driving on each side.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:55 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 654 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by blade7
Complete fog lights are around $300 each here now, I've fitted Perspex covers over mine but if one got broken I'd look to replace them with a pair of small round projector lamps, one fog and one driving on each side.
thats my idea as well.
Where did you get perspex covers? is it a molded piece like the original or something that fits sort of over/around the original glass?

i've had 80-mil protective film over my fogs since i installed them but a big rock was still able to crack one of them, I am now looking at an alternative, but if you've got a good perspex piece it would save me some trouble.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:53 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Swagger93
If you're blinded by 951 fogs you need to get some more vitamin A in your diet or something. Seriously, the 951 fogs are not that bright, and the vast majority of the energy is scattered just a couple meters in front of the car. If I were to hazard a guess, the marginal decomposition difference between a retina faced with an oncoming 951 running with fogs and one with just low beams is probably insignificant compared to regeneration time in either case.

I'm not talking about only 951 fog lights - all fog lights are annoying to my eyes. And no, it's not because I'm in my low-riding 951 - it's annoying even when I drive my truck.

I don't know about you guys, but when stray light (fogs, mis-aimed headlights, etc) hits my eyes, it actually hurts my eyes. If it's sustained, I get a headache too. And I know at least 3 other people who are the same way. You may have never thought about it as a big deal, but it is to many, like me. Vitamin A? Come on, be a little considerate.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:35 PM
blade7
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
thats my idea as well.
Where did you get perspex covers? is it a molded piece like the original or something that fits sort of over/around the original glass?

i've had 80-mil protective film over my fogs since i installed them but a big rock was still able to crack one of them, I am now looking at an alternative, but if you've got a good perspex piece it would save me some trouble.
The covers are just flat Perspex that just covers the original lens, a big enough hit would still crack the glass I suspect. I would use an original case to mount the new projectors in. May even be room for a small brake duct in there too.

Quick Reply: Your actual/typical foglight usage