Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

arc 2 no start

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 08:52 PM
uroboric
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arc 2 no start

recently figured out that previous owner installed a Huntley MAF kit along with the arc 2 fuel system in my 86 951. I took the dme and klr apart to see what chips were installed as well. after putting everything back into the passenger footwell, the car wont start and just cranks. i am not seeing any power to the arm 1 or arc 2 systems in the glove box, so i suspect an issue with the wiring. does anyone have experience with installing one of these and where they are spliced into the wiring harness for power?
Old 07-21-2014, 02:49 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

I don't know if there is anyone alive on this board that can remember how to tune or install the arc2. Have you tried pelican forums?
Old 07-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Not so fast....

The arc2 is made by split second, and if you go to their website they have install instructions. For simple power hook up, however, most people just tapped the power line going to the DME, and if memory serves that's how Huntley recommended doing it.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:11 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

All dead except Tom, lol
Old 07-22-2014, 01:44 AM
uroboric
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the replies, it was my own fault not mounting the dme/klr assembly back into the footwell properly. once a proper ground was made the arc 2 came to life and the car started. it did act really weird for a while though, running really lean on idle...dont really know what that was about. also doesnt seem to be running in closed loop - is this because dme is still learning a/f mixture?
Old 07-22-2014, 04:22 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I did same thing last night. Fitted Rogue ECU, wouldn't start, so put old DME back in and still no start, and then it dawned on me that neither unit was grounded because I didn't mount the bracket to the car. When I realised my mistake, I fitted Rogue ECU back in and it fired first time. Glad to know I am not the only one who made that mistake
Old 07-22-2014, 04:22 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
All dead except Tom, lol
Not dead, the rest of us former users now have CRS
Old 07-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by uroboric
thanks for the replies, it was my own fault not mounting the dme/klr assembly back into the footwell properly. once a proper ground was made the arc 2 came to life and the car started. it did act really weird for a while though, running really lean on idle...dont really know what that was about. also doesnt seem to be running in closed loop - is this because dme is still learning a/f mixture?
The DME has several dedicated ground wires, so it should not need to be mounted to work. I suspect that's a coincidence, but if not be sure to check the grounds on your bell housing (see link below). The DME does not learn to be in closed loop -- after a short warm up the car should idle around 14.7, dithering slightly above and below as the closed loop system does its thing.

Originally Posted by David Floyd
Not dead, the rest of us former users now have CRS
CRS?
Old 07-23-2014, 03:59 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CRS= can't remember ****

Quick Reply: arc 2 no start