Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WTB-CEP billet fuel rail

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 04:30 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Last edited by Cyberpunky; 07-05-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:25 AM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
Without any name calling, there is a lot to be said about a vendor who answers their phone, returns their calls, replies to their E-mails, and more often than not has everything in stock when you place the order, sends you a tracking number and invoice, and generally stand behind their products. I may carry around some pent up bad feelings but after trying to deal with some of the "other" vendors I now know why I made the decision I made back in the day. You just have to realize what everybody is "Good" at and what they are not so "Good" at. Some of these Hoity Toity so called elite vendors I have been contacting or trying to contact lately, really put it into perspective.
Not exactly. Perspectives need to be adjusted for different types of vendors. Some vendors primarily just work on custom builds, and then happen to sell some of the components they've designed for those builds to the rest of us (that don't contract them for these big builds) whenever they're able to do another run of those parts, which probably means they had another project that required one of those parts. They are not parts vendors in the traditional sense and we can't apply the same expectations.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:08 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmj951
Not exactly. Perspectives need to be adjusted for different types of vendors. Some vendors primarily just work on custom builds, and then happen to sell some of the components they've designed for those builds to the rest of us (that don't contract them for these big builds) whenever they're able to do another run of those parts, which probably means they had another project that required one of those parts. They are not parts vendors in the traditional sense and we can't apply the same expectations.
Yep. These are low volume cars, as well, and a great many items are not sold in large numbers. You can't just build a batch of 1,000 of anything, more like 30-40. And then replenish. Sometimes a demand spike hits and you stock out. And some are one man operations, and they are often building or working on another person's race car. And often they have more than enough work to keep them going wihtout trying to answer the phone every time it rings.

Does it suck? Yep, but be thankful there actually are aftermarket suppliers. I've had a car that lacked them, and it is really time consuming when you have to make every single part yourself.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:11 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

CEP generally doesn't do much of anything for the general consumer anymore - pretty much all of his work is through race shops. I've been fortunate enough to get a couple pieces from him - they were all leftovers from projects or minimum orders he had to place in the past. He's a small operation so as Harry already mentioned, when he builds something, it's based on a "minimum order" to keep costs realistic. That or he does a one-off but then it's $$$$ (which race shops can afford to pay, the general guy cannot).
Old 07-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Meine44
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad news for me, I've been waiting to place an order for a CEP for a while.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:24 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mwc951
That fuel rail looks nice Lart.
I've been looking for one...but who manufactured it?
My apologies to Dave from CEP how could I have compared his fuel rail to others, the fuel rail is original CEP best of the best

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...l-install.html

still available 15% off to listers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251516127888?item=251516127888&viewitem=&vxp=mtr
Old 10-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
CEP generally doesn't do much of anything for the general consumer anymore - pretty much all of his work is through race shops. I've been fortunate enough to get a couple pieces from him - they were all leftovers from projects or minimum orders he had to place in the past. He's a small operation so as Harry already mentioned, when he builds something, it's based on a "minimum order" to keep costs realistic. That or he does a one-off but then it's $$$$ (which race shops can afford to pay, the general guy cannot).
To get stuff from CEP as a general customer, you ether need to know him or get someone that knows him to speak to him. But even then, you cannot guarantee anything.

Because i have his products installed in my car, if i have an issue, he'll help me out and stand by his work.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Too late...ordered everything from Lindsey.

Quick Reply: WTB-CEP billet fuel rail