My car crushing lap record on Swedens no 1 track

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:22 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 500 Posts

4.25" bore x 100mm stroke = 3.66L..

toyota used 40mm rod journals for a while..set of carillos made 150mm long, 40mm big ends and chevy pin size is $1500/set....offset grind a 3L crank to fit the 40mm = 100mm. they changed to 42mm after that, gives you 98mm stroke and still 3.6L

revs to 5500 max though...
Old 06-26-2014, 11:29 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Lets keep the thread on topic
Old 06-27-2014, 01:23 AM
PF
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 183 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Duke
Sorry... full video in 1.5 week
Hi Gustaf.

Your car is very impressive! I would like to see it live and you mention 5-6 juli on Mantorp but can't find info on that event? I am not on FB by the way if the info is there!

/Peder
Old 06-27-2014, 05:18 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by peed
Hi Gustaf.

Your car is very impressive! I would like to see it live and you mention 5-6 juli on Mantorp but can't find info on that event? I am not on FB by the way if the info is there!

/Peder
Hi Peder,
Take a looke here:
http://timeattacknu.se/2014/06/festival/
Old 06-27-2014, 05:43 AM
Kris H
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://timeattacknu.se/2014/06/ett-o...s-porsche-944/

Old 06-27-2014, 01:45 PM
PF
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 183 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi Peder,
Take a looke here:
http://timeattacknu.se/2014/06/festival/
Thanks Gustaf.

I will be there! Seems like a nice format! Got me interested in maybe tryin out time attack. It is a bit hard to see which class I would end up in. I have a -89 Turbo Cup car with about 350 hp (when its done) and around 1170kg with me in the car.

/Peder
Old 06-27-2014, 02:32 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Car looks great. Be safe and kick some ***.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:49 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

If you open that link there is an interview with Gustaf. Of course it's in Swedish but here is what Google translate does to it. Makes for good reading. I think Gustaf is doing too much screwing and slapping though...

June 18th, 2014

O copy great things have happened at Mantorp Park in the days, our "underdog" in the Pro class Gustaf Burström got after a long year of screwing; finally to the settings on his Porsche 944 Turbo and with TAnu.se official thoroughbred professionals ALX DANIELSSON became the new record yesterday (1.19,3)!

Today was part of TAnu.se in place a partnership with SLC EVENT, and Gustaf then put yourself a nice 1.23,88 time.

Obviously we took "a moment" with the proud owner of Sweden's fastest road car right now!

Gustaf Burström passionate time attack, and as a "one man team" most with screw through the season in 2013 and also our premiere on Kinnekullevägen Call May 10th

But now the blood sweat and tears finally paid off, and with the help of one of Sweden's best racing drivers were conquered record at Mantorp Park with R tires by far.

The gloves are off before Scandinavia's Time Attack event date July 5 to 6

---

[TAnu.se]: Congratulations Gustaf! You are swerving like crazy, come to the races then you most whacked in the pits and in addition to a flash in Round 5 last year (podium) so it has seen heavy out?

[# 78 Gustaf Burström, Pro-class]: So, I've really worked hard for a year, find weaknesses, refine everything ... you're never satisfied. Also, I have been for me to want to do most things myself, haha!

But now slapped it sharply, and by letting the superstar Alx Danielsson (who also corrected the previous record car, SMR Porsche GT2) be your secret weapon that did ... 1.19,3!

Yes, my God, I took Alx to develop my own driving, get input to make the car faster and a receipt of how fast it can go.

It was fantastic rewarding, he is a surreal good pros that I know brought an incredible amount already.

Time is nothing to talk about, this is the times of the R tires as there is a risk that they stand up for a while? How did you feel when you read the log?

Shocked! No doubt about it! I knew Alx was fast but ... sure, I thought the new record (old time 1.21,7) but ... absolutely unreal, and so in a single flying lap too. What a guy!

You put the a very witty 1.23,88 today. This is for the history books awfully close to Robin Anton's old 1.23,7 2010th Do you have more momentum you?

Absolutely, I think it was just a heat today with (again) very screwing in the pits. I set the target at least one 1.22.xx.

This puts you in total collision course with mentioned Antonsson in "Phantom Supra," a great favorite and self expression that "the record goes on warming." Is it posted for war now between you?

This is great fun for both of us, we have such different driving styles, cars and tuning-base ... We will encourage each other really good I think.

Tuning bass you mention, two icons from each decade. Porsche 944've been a bit of "the people" trackday weapon long, and everyone knows how popular Toyota Supra where to trim a bunch of years later ... which is best?

No comment. It will be fun to fight for the 5-6 of July, of course, I hope German old school victories.

Times Alx has set makes you that they also speculate that the car could maybe give Valtonen Motorsports RX-7 a match ... thoughts on that?

Alx drove the car in a little over 500HP, and there are more charging turning. It would have been magical to see him do a "Superlap" with both full påställda!

It may well be so ... what else is your attitude now a couple of weeks before TAnu.se at Mantorp Park July 5 to 6?

No doubt the "go big or go home". This is where it will slap 2014.

Then we congratulate you once again and assume you can in good conscience enjoy Sill & snaps all weekend for your achievement!

Haha, yes it is I probably host and a little celebration, it will be enough to everything. Thanks, see you at Mantorp July 5 to 6!

We have bags full and news sausages up themselves for Time Attack Festival Saturday, July 5, reserve this date!

Without a doubt, it is now you must register and run with the other profiles in TAnu.se, BOOK MANTORP July 6 + KARLSKOGA August 10 ALREADY NOW (KLICKA!)
Old 06-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Lol!!! Slapping, screwing and sausages! So you do the translation on that part of internet

The interview doesn't really make sense... but neither do I from time to time

Just got 5h session done working on frontal downforce. Off to bed and tomorrow is dyno time!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by peed
Thanks Gustaf.

I will be there! Seems like a nice format! Got me interested in maybe tryin out time attack. It is a bit hard to see which class I would end up in. I have a -89 Turbo Cup car with about 350 hp (when its done) and around 1170kg with me in the car.

/Peder
Cool! Send me an email and I'll guide you through the classes.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:53 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Just thought I should let you all know that last week I put a pro driver in my car and he crushed the existing R-spec tire lap record with 2.4 seconds on Mantorp Park. Mantorp Park is the reference track in Sweden for quick cars.

The previous record was held by a highly modified 996 GT2 and the record has held up for several years.

All this while boosting about 1.05-1.1 bar moahaha

Over and out!
Had to get a pro driver huh, i guess that new turbo is scaring yah.. traction control allowed ..?

Originally Posted by Dubai944
That video is just annoying.
New 3D .....
Old 06-28-2014, 06:55 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Had to get a pro driver huh, i guess that new turbo is scaring yah.. traction control allowed ..?

New 3D .....

Hehe it's going into the bends where the damn pro's are untouchable!!
Traction control is allowed. My system is not in use yet though..
Old 06-29-2014, 06:13 AM
hally
Rennlist Member

Congrats Duke! That engine sounds awesome.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:17 PM
George D
Drifting

This video reminds me of an old girlfriend. She's divorced now, and keeps on attempting to "make up" for my constant "blue *****" when we were dating. She didn't age well, so I'm staying married! LOL

Here's a little teaser that gives some idea of how the car feels from the inside and how the engine sounds etc.

Porsche 944 Turbo GTR Mantorp Park 1:19.348 Teaser - YouTube
Old 06-30-2014, 07:58 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Added some more power (~65 rwhp) at the dyno this weekend and going back to the track on Saturday with more improvements to hopefully reset the record again

Quick Reply: My car crushing lap record on Swedens no 1 track