Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Driver side tire worn way more than passenger, but wear is even across tire

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 03:28 AM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Driver side tire worn way more than passenger, but wear is even across tire

Noticed today my driver side front tire is significantly more worn than my passenger side tire. Both rears are wearing completely evenly. My car had a recent alignment and I was under the car today when I noticed it. I checked all the suspension, everything seems fine, nothing moved that I can tell. The car has a slight pull to the passenger side, which implies there is more caster on the tire that has more wear, but caster doesnt generally contribute to tire wear. The pull has been present since the alignment since the guy didnt put enough caster on the passenger side (grumble grumble), but the toe and camber are dead even side to side. My toe could not have moved, and my camber seems even. All the suspension parts are new within the past 6 months, including the arms, ball joints, and all the bushings. The weird thing is, the wear on the tire looks totally normal and even across its surface, no excessive shoulder wear so my camber is probably fine, and no cupping or feathering so my toe is also probably fine. The car handles normally. Should I just rotate the front tires and forget about it and stop looking for a problem that doesnt exist? The tires were used when I bought the wheels so who knows about their previous use, but I seem to remember them being pretty evenly worn when they were new to me about 9 months ago. Its just weird to me.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:21 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a lot of corkscrew type entrance ramps? If so, that'll do it over time.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Willard Bridgham 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Clockwise track?
Old 06-18-2014, 10:10 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Too much hamburgers? Maybe the driver is overweight ?

Quick Reply: Driver side tire worn way more than passenger, but wear is even across tire