Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rogue Tuning - New Product: A new DME!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 07:02 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this is absolutely great news! Joshua, you might want to get in touch with PCA to see about making this legal in club racing. Depending on the price, I would have to think that you would have a fair number of folks who would be interested in picking up one just for the sake of reliability - I know would be.

That also explains one of the things that was going on when you made the post about aftermarket coils.

I'm quite impressed!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
Wow, this is absolutely great news! Joshua, you might want to get in touch with PCA to see about making this legal in club racing. Depending on the price, I would have to think that you would have a fair number of folks who would be interested in picking up one just for the sake of reliability - I know would be.

That also explains one of the things that was going on when you made the post about aftermarket coils.

I'm quite impressed!
Thanks Harry! I absolutely plan on petitioning to get the new computer approved for the different racing venues... considering there are allowances for hard-to obtain parts, I'm hopeful.

Yep, lots of ignition testing lately
Old 10-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I am impressed also - that's a pretty big project!
PCA changed the rules this year - 944s can run any chip they wish so it should be a little easier to get this certified for club racing.

BTW - is there anybody trying to make a replacement engine harness? combine this ECU with a new harness and you will be good for at least another 25 years!!!

BTW2 - a note for the S2 guys - there is a true plug and play Megasqurit based standalone ECU available for a very reasonable price (not from me!).
Old 10-11-2013, 07:15 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Hey Rouge - since you are up nice and early maybe you can help me out with a 'guestimate'. I have been discussing the rule change with PCA for 944 turbo - they can run any DME chip they want now - my guess is that adding a lot of ignition advance and running true race gas would be worth over 20hp on a stock class car - what do you think? (Harry can join in too!)
Old 10-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by Chris White
I am impressed also - that's a pretty big project!
PCA changed the rules this year - 944s can run any chip they wish so it should be a little easier to get this certified for club racing.

BTW - is there anybody trying to make a replacement engine harness? combine this ECU with a new harness and you will be good for at least another 25 years!!!
Thanks Chris! Good to know about the PCA rule change
A new engine harness is an idea I've tossed around as well...

Hey Rouge - since you are up nice and early maybe you can help me out with a 'guestimate'. I have been discussing the rule change with PCA for 944 turbo - they can run any DME chip they want now - my guess is that adding a lot of ignition advance and running true race gas would be worth over 20hp on a stock class car - what do you think? (Harry can join in too!)
With no boost pressure change, agreed. Probably even more of a torque increase, as the mid-range timing (if not as knock limited) could be much more aggressive.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

V cool Josh and solves another problem for me, as I was thinking of trying your chips but had no way I could send you my DME for modifying to 28 pin. This will also allow me to do back to back testing of your chip Vs my current chip too.

If I fitted a WBO2 sensor and gauge, would I need to do anything to factory O2 sensor , like disconnect it or anything ?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

BTW if you are looking to gauge interest I'm in subject to it not being prohibitively expensive
Old 10-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by Cyberpunky
V cool Josh and solves another problem for me, as I was thinking of trying your chips but had no way I could send you my DME for modifying to 28 pin. This will also allow me to do back to back testing of your chip Vs my current chip too.

If I fitted a WBO2 sensor and gauge, would I need to do anything to factory O2 sensor , like disconnect it or anything ?
Thanks!
Regarding the WBO2, that really depends on which chip/software you run in the DME. If you software expects the factory O2, then you should keep it.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Thanks!
Regarding the WBO2, that really depends on which chip/software you run in the DME. If you software expects the factory O2, then you should keep it.
you could use something like the Innovate wide band that has dual outputs - one can be a narrow band emulator and the other for a good WB O2 gauge.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

you could use something like the Innovate wide band that has dual outputs - one can be a narrow band emulator and the other for a good WB O2 gauge.
Good point - and that is how my own 944NA is setup.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

so if I ran an A tune chip or my current chip then no point hooking up wide band, but with M tune it would be of benefit ? Sorry if it is a stupid question just trying to get my head around all the benefits of using this DME
Old 10-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by Cyberpunky
so if I ran an A tune chip or my current chip then no point hooking up wide band, but with M tune it would be of benefit ? Sorry if it is a stupid question just trying to get my head around all the benefits of using this DME
I've considered closed-loop WBO2 feedback for a while. Until I can figure out a solid function/error check for a WBO2, I will not have software which uses it under positive pressure (boost) conditions. My worry is getting an incorrect reading from the WBO2 and the DME/software using that erroneous value to change its fueling...

The WBO2 facility on the new DME is for logging purposes. See my page here for more info on the logger:

http://www.roguetuning.com/dme_logger
Old 10-11-2013, 09:00 AM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Joshua, how long before this will be available?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

ah ok that makes sense. was thinking WBO2 was for the DME to use. I agree with your idea of not using it for that, as reliability to me is the most important thing, as like most, an issue with my engine is last thing I would want to risk happening
Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by fejjj
Joshua, how long before this will be available?
Depending on quantities, hopefully next month. When we get a little closer I will open up an order/pre-order list.

Quick Reply: Rogue Tuning - New Product: A new DME!