Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rogue Tuning - New Product: A new DME!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 04:07 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It appears they are out of stock at the moment. I would suggest check back periodically, or contact Joshua to find out when he'll have more for sale.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:14 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Can anyone go into more detail with these three switches and what is actually happening when you flip the switches? I get the map switch, either the stock map sensing or rogues external one. Not sure what the other 2( middle and left in pic) are doing when flipped

Attachment 876299

Last edited by mahoney944; 03-22-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:32 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

The left one looks like it's a switch between "WBO2 External" and "Altitude Compensation". (Just a guess...) Does the Rogue DME have direct inputs for a WBO2?

What's it say along side the middle switch? Pic is blurry.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:37 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
The left one looks like it's a switch between "WBO2 External" and "Altitude Compensation". (Just a guess...) Does the Rogue DME have direct inputs for a WBO2?

What's it say along side the middle switch? Pic is blurry.
Idk its a pic zoomed in from his site, I don't have one to look at. I thought altitude compensation was removed from the DME all together
Old 10-09-2014, 02:58 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by mahoney944
Idk its a pic zoomed in from his site, I don't have one to look at. I thought altitude compensation was removed from the DME all together
Ah ok I thought you took the pic.

From his site:
What about the other three switches? For those running Rogue Tuning software, these switches configure the operation of the rear-port.

This plug allows a clean and easy way of connecting a MAP sensor, and/or Wide-Band O2 sensor to the DME - without cutting the factory wiring harness!
Old 10-09-2014, 03:38 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OmniGLH

Ah ok I thought you took the pic.

From his site:
Yeah I read that already but its not detailed enough, if its the altitude or wideband on a switch? And what's the middle one
Old 10-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

...not detailed enough...
Not often I'm accused of that

The Altitude compensation hardware is still there... Remember the ECU is designed to be 100% backwards compatible.

The switch on the right selects the MAP sensor input (either system connector or external plug).
The middle switch enables the altitude circuit bias or not (a weak DC voltage pull-up resistor).
The left switch selects between altitude input or WBO2 input on the external plug.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:29 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant

Not often I'm accused of that

The Altitude compensation hardware is still there... Remember the ECU is designed to be 100% backwards compatible.

The switch on the right selects the MAP sensor input (either system connector or external plug).
The middle switch enables the altitude circuit bias or not (a weak DC voltage pull-up resistor).
The left switch selects between altitude input or WBO2 input on the external plug.
So if you disabled the middle switch, you are basically bypassing the altitude compensation switch, and remaining in an open circuit/ loop? Would this also disable the input on the left switch if the middle is disabled? Also is the wideband input a narrowband simulation(0 to 1v) from wideband or true wideband input (0 to 5v)
Old 10-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap, Josh. It's really real! I guess I'm a little late to the party, but still - good work man, congrats!
Old 10-10-2014, 10:48 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

So if you disabled the middle switch, you are basically bypassing the altitude compensation switch, and remaining in an open circuit/ loop? Would this also disable the input on the left switch if the middle is disabled? Also is the wideband input a narrowband simulation(0 to 1v) from wideband or true wideband input (0 to 5v)
Disabling the middle switch only disables the pull-up resistor (circuit biasing)... It means that input would be left floating, and could switch between "on" and "off" for the altitude compensation.

The left switch simply selects the input either from the system connector (altitude sensor), or the external plug (expecting WBO2).

The WBO2 input expects a true 0-5 volt signal.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by Crackership
Holy crap, Josh. It's really real! I guess I'm a little late to the party, but still - good work man, congrats!
Thanks!
Old 10-11-2014, 01:25 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Disabling the middle switch only disables the pull-up resistor (circuit biasing)... It means that input would be left floating, and could switch between "on" and "off" for the altitude compensation.

The left switch simply selects the input either from the system connector (altitude sensor), or the external plug (expecting WBO2).

The WBO2 input expects a true 0-5 volt signal.
So middle switch disabled then the altitude switches on and off like normal or stock, with the middle switch enabled it sets it to off bypassing its operation Correct?

If above is true then if its enabled bypassing the altitude sensor, what good would any input be from the left switch?
Old 10-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

So middle switch disabled then the altitude switches on and off like normal or stock, with the middle switch enabled it sets it to off bypassing its operation Correct?
No.

The altitude sensor is just a pressure controlled switch, and has two positions either open or closed. In order to tell if the switch is closed, the DME/ECU needs to apply a voltage to the circuit (via the pull-up resistor), to read if the switch is open or closed.
If the altitude switch is open, then the circuit will remain high (+5v), because the applied voltage doesn't have where to go.
If the altitude switch is closed, then the circuit will be low (+0v), as the switch simply grounds the circuit.

This operation is 100% necessary for cars that still utilize the altitude sensor.

The left switch is simply the selection choice between the system connector and the new expansion plug.
Let say I wanted to hook a WBO2 up, then I would attach the WBO2 0-5 volt analog output to whichever wire dictated by that switch.
Now, if we didn't have the middle switch to turn off the pull-up resistor, it would also be applying +5volts to that wire. This would typically cause the WBO2 0-5 v output to skew towards +5volts... The end effect is that the WBO2 does not read correctly - obviously not what we want.

All the ECU's switches are necessary in order to be as configurable as possible.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:49 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

No.

The altitude sensor is just a pressure controlled switch, and has two positions either open or closed. In order to tell if the switch is closed, the DME/ECU needs to apply a voltage to the circuit (via the pull-up resistor), to read if the switch is open or closed.
If the altitude switch is open, then the circuit will remain high (+5v), because the applied voltage doesn't have where to go.
If the altitude switch is closed, then the circuit will be low (+0v), as the switch simply grounds the circuit.

This operation is 100% necessary for cars that still utilize the altitude sensor.

The left switch is simply the selection choice between the system connector and the new expansion plug.
Let say I wanted to hook a WBO2 up, then I would attach the WBO2 0-5 volt analog output to whichever wire dictated by that switch.
Now, if we didn't have the middle switch to turn off the pull-up resistor, it would also be applying +5volts to that wire. This would typically cause the WBO2 0-5 v output to skew towards +5volts... The end effect is that the WBO2 does not read correctly - obviously not what we want.

All the ECU's switches are necessary in order to be as configurable as possible.
Perfect explanation thank you. Do you need rogue chips to utilize the wideband input over the altitude sensor? Since they both use 0 to 5 volts?
Old 10-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you had a rogue DME, why would you want to put a different chip in??

Quick Reply: Rogue Tuning - New Product: A new DME!