Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Laust Pedersen

Happy reading

Laust
I love the part where the patent author uses the work "crackshaft" by mistake....was he on drugs?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:46 AM
edredas
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Chris, the last thing I want to do is spread misinformation. You were right, about the confusion coming from books. I knew exactly how the shafts worked years ago, and then I started skimming through several books on the subject.

Perhaps, I never let those thoughts properly ruminate. This caused me to confuse points and analogies from other books. Over time, the memories fade and you begin to think that you might have picked up on something others had missed... then six thread pages later, you find your books only to find that you're flat out wrong.

Again, I apologize for turning this thread into a mess... this is what happens when a newb to the forum thinks he brings up a valid point, and then starts thinking with his ego when he is dismissed... what follows is his brief decent into madness.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:30 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubai944
^^ The only explanation I can think of is that you must drive like a girl..
Dang......You have seen me drive

Originally Posted by Chris White
Hmmm...talk about a public self-jinxing!!!

I can't remember your full engine specs - but I know its a stock 2.5 stroke with larger bore - did you use lighter pistons and rods? Lighter pistons make a big difference, the stock pistons are tanks. good aftermarket pistons can be over 100g lighter - same goes for rods.
Yes, lighter pistons, rods, crank.. jinx

Quick Reply: Delete balance shaft belt?