Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Any DIY for the transmission mount?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 09:03 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

When I did that write up I would just leave the trans attached to the torque tube and the tube would rest on the rear suspension. A Jack stand under the trans case wouldn’t be a bad idea. But the trans isn’t going anywhere.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:09 PM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Did a bit of driving in my car with the new mount and I do have a lot more gear noise now. In fact, there are 3 different sounds: 1) constant gear whine due directly to speed 2) lower pitched whine that comes and goes and due to whether there is load on the gears or not, and 3) another higher pitched whine due to the same as #2. I only drove on back roads so nothing over 60mph if even that. The first noise gets annoying but the others sound like rally car sounds if you watch those videos. None are really loud but definitely noticeable. The car did have these sounds (or at the least the first one) before the new mount but much less obvious. It's not a dealbreaker but just putting it out there. And I did my mount with the Shore 80A urethane poured into place with the mount already installed in the crossmember so I'm sure this contributes to the noise. I didn't notice any vibration but my car isn't the smoothest due to BB exhaust and Bilstein Cup suspension so there are plenty of other noises and vibrations to keep me busy.

Last edited by superloaf; 04-25-2024 at 06:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Any DIY for the transmission mount?