Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Two questions: water meth? WAIC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Bladed-vaults
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two questions: water meth? WAIC?

as the topic states. I did a search but not alot of usable info came up.

Ive run water meth injection on a few turbo cars before this (audi s4, wrx, vw corrado) and I've always loved it for the track and very hot summer days.
has anyone run water meth in their 951 if so where did you mount the tank. pre intercooler spray or post or both?

In contrast my last car (s4) i switched things up and ran a water air IC from frozen boost here in colorado (custom kit)
I was seeing almost constant 88 degree intake temps on 102+ days and no icebox.
for our cars is it even worth the effort to plumb a kit like this in?
I do plan on tracking this car next season (auto-x, drift comps yes im gonna drift a porsche, and drags.)
if that makes a difference to anyone.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:40 PM
dnovak
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey , did you call Snow Performance? If I remember they have a progressive controller for it! And yes it makes sense if you are running 91. How about the tank in one of the storage bays next to the spare tire?
Old 09-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally hate water injection..

Thought of E85?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:15 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 652 Likes on 506 Posts

You could fit a good size tank between the battery area and the outer fender on the pass. side. Shorter plumbing than to the trunk too. Or just use the washer bottle...

Or just get a big radiator for the coolant up front and put a filler cap fitting inline to the plumbing
Old 09-12-2012, 01:33 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Paulyy
I personally hate water injection..

Thought of E85?
Annnd there you go!

All the big guys have progressive controllers and fail safe systems these days. E 85 is really popular here and Rouge's kit makes running E 85 simple and affordable.

E85 is great if you can get it! Water (windsheild/fluid) is everywhere!

If you were running it on your Audi you already know what you need. I know a couple of guys run it on here but it just does'nt seem to have caught on with the 951 crowd for some reason?

PS not picking on you Pauly you just gave me an opening and I took it!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

His car already has the M-tune and is wired with a toggle between E85 and pump gas... Is E85 hard to find in Pueblo?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:12 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by schip43
Annnd there you go!

All the big guys have progressive controllers and fail safe systems these days. E 85 is really popular here and Rouge's kit makes running E 85 simple and affordable.

E85 is great if you can get it! Water (windsheild/fluid) is everywhere!

If you were running it on your Audi you already know what you need. I know a couple of guys run it on here but it just does'nt seem to have caught on with the 951 crowd for some reason?

PS not picking on you Pauly you just gave me an opening and I took it!
Each to their own opinion
I'm not a fan of needing extra weight and controllers to run water injection when E85 is straight from the pump at 110 octane
Old 09-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Seattle944
Instructor

I just put it in my car. Tank is mounted in the back of the car in the spare tire area with the pump bolted to the bottom. Wires are run to the controller in the glove box. I went progressive devils own cause I got a deal.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:20 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
His car already has the M-tune and is wired with a toggle between E85 and pump gas... Is E85 hard to find in Pueblo?
I have an E85 pump near my house, but that doesnt mean running E85 is simple. Most gas stations dont have e85. So, you are limited on range and/or you need to always be sure to keep above 1/2 tank.

Also, something I found interesting, is that even though Bosch says their fuel pumps are E85 compatible...there is a caveat. They are good for 500 hours run time on E85.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:20 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Seattle944
I just put it in my car. Tank is mounted in the back of the car in the spare tire area with the pump bolted to the bottom. Wires are run to the controller in the glove box. I went progressive devils own cause I got a deal.
Dyno results?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:40 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Seattle944
Pics?

When ever I get around to mounting my Boost Cooler kit I plan to mount in the same area and run hoses/lines to the front.

And that is ONLY because I can't get E85!

As stated, with E85 you are about 110 octane easily and national avg. per gallon is in many places LOWER than 87 octane. No brainer!

http://e85prices.com/
Old 09-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Bladed-vaults
Instructor

as porschephile said Im already running e-85. and no theres are 4 or so stations down here in pueblo..

I assume yall suggest e-85 due to the high octane and elimination of detonation?

I'm not really looking at these for that reason. Im looking for the coldest air charge i can get. We all know coolder air means more bang

I ran the devils own on both my corrado and the wrx. but never a progressive set up I will have to look into that. I always just had it engage on a certain level of boost I had set.
I was thinking of just converting the windsheild wiper tank into the meth tank. This car has become a weekend warrior due to picking up another vw daily. so loss of washer fluid wont kill me.

The idea of the WAIC is nice cuz i never really have to refill anything. just install put watter/wetter in and never look back. but with the engine bay in the 951 soo cramped. I wonder where i would even fit it.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:48 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 652 Likes on 506 Posts

somebody made an AWIC out of the 951 stock IC and mounted it in the front like stock also...
Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

E85 is neat-o if it's available. Unfortunately I have no idea where the nearest E85 station to the DC area is.

I will definitely be running Meth when I can get around to setting it up (oh, and buying all the parts). Friend of mine runs Meth and has the tank back one of the two cubbies in the trunk. I'll probably do the same.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:13 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Any idea how the factory intercooler performed after being converted to air/water?

I would like to find one to fit in factory location and use the Ford cobra expansion tank, pump and intercooler radiator. IMHO it should be much easier to mount the radiator than a FMIC since it is less than two inches thick.

Quick Reply: Two questions: water meth? WAIC?