Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

LR loses another customer

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 05:48 AM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

LR has helped me numerous times. Last year they were huge help when I had a crack in my cross over, thanks to their quick work and going way above and beyond what I'd expect from a vendor I didn't miss any track events in our very short northern season. I have plenty of their parts on my car, I haven't had an issue with any of them. The service from Traci is always great, and the advice from Mike and Dave is invaluable.

When the time comes for a fresh engine I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money at LR. Until then maybe I'll just put one of their nice shiny oil coolers on my Christmas list. Keep up the good work guys, I don't know how I'd run my car without you!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Zeff
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LoL so that's what Traci looks like. I've never had a problem with LR and they buy/credit for stuff like wastegates and turbos. Traci even took the time to track down a silicone hose from a kit and sold it individually. AWESOME! Now the smartphone version of the website.... it has slowly gotten better. I remember a month or so ago where none of the pages worked, but I just checked today and it looks finished.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Interesting thread. Many different opinions and I am sure all are valid. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. I am sure it is not the $20.00 per sae, but some additional issues. I had an issue with LR, but that does not mean I think they will never live up to my expectations in the future. I do like a lot of things LR has. I believe that none of our suppliers actually go out to screw any of us, but sometimes; things happen. My thought here is to let things go and move on to more important things, like family or a new Porsche. I suggest you call David at LR and discuss this issue man to man. The most important thing here is to not lose your cool and keep to the issue(s). It will work out in the end.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

LR has a tough job working miracles with 25 year old motors with lots of brittle bits running a 30 year old ems design.... there aren't many parts vendors supporting our cars. what few there are, deserve a fair amount of levity in situations like this... everyone makes mistakes, and maybe LR has fairly earned your anger.... but, you can always seek the help of a RL moderator first, or quietly ask around about if someone who has a long standing relationship with the vendor might be willing to mediate a grievance.... airing it out on a public forum should be a last resort. take the assbag in _______ (not Lart) that want's 175 dollars to ship a rat infested rear carpet. would be worse if there was no carpet.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robstah
Sounds like a bunch of errors on your side. You should have just eaten the $20 and saved the hassle of the customer.
I think a lot of people don't realize just how small places like Lindsey are. The volume just isn't there to eat profit every time an inconvenience pops up. It was unfortunate, and I see what you are saying, but I also think expecting the level of customer service from a small time place like Lindsey that you'd get from a place turning 7 figures every month. Stuff is still hand packed, assemblies are probably put together when an order is placed, and every single order is handled by hand. The volume just can't justify huge overhead. The downside is that sometimes errors occur.

My experience ordering stuff from Lindsey has been much better than I expected. Most recently, I ordered bits and pieces for two different clutch systems. Odd order, and I got a call from Traci asking if I had meant to order two of some things, and one of others. Told her what was going on, she understood, and my order was promptly filled.

That's the kind of stuff you miss with big outfits that might eat that $20. Had I made a mistake, I would have been mad and had to deal with a hassle. But because they've got folks who pay attention and want to make things right, they were ahead of it.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:13 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephencs601
I suggest you call David at LR and discuss this issue man to man. The most important thing here is to not lose your cool and keep to the issue(s). It will work out in the end.
This
Old 07-31-2012, 05:43 PM
KaiKai951S
Instructor

Spent over $2500 at Lindsey and NEVER had a problem, Traci is awesome, and even went the extra mile to get my 968 door handles expedited from Germany. Dave was beyond helpful and took several hours explaining how to set up my 1" AOS I followed his advice and it worked out perfect. Even attached a few pictures. The only reason that I won't be buying much more from Lindsey is that I got everything I need already! Keep up the good work Lindsey, you guys are great.

Some AOS pics below

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...type=3&theater
Old 08-01-2012, 07:26 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast924S
Traci Rocks, She was super nice and helpfull with me and even kept me informed with my order when I was waiting on some exhaust stock to come in. Im amazed she can keep orders and parts together and she even knows what she's talking about and what part dose what, As everyone noted LR is a huge asset to the 951 community and I for one will continue to buy from them, To be honest if a $20 Part is what turns you off from a company then maybe you should not order parts anymore.
Agreed on all counts!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

I've never had a problem with Lindsey. Always great service. However recently, I couldn't get them to call me back to sell me some custom axles after 4 calls. Nevertheless, they didn't take my money so no harm no foul. But they missed out on some sales. Maybe they just don't like me :-)

TonyG
Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 AM
lejams
Pro

Heard 2012 has been their busiest year since in business. Maybe they're not able to keep up?
Old 08-02-2012, 01:47 AM
chris951
Rennlist Member

After over three months of this engine project that turned into a nightmare, I'm done. My car is sold. I've owned and worked on Porsches for over 11 years and most of that has been with the 944/951 series cars. It was all my fault, LR has never made a mistake. Thanks for your input Mike, it would have sure been better to deal with you at the beginning. An invoice was never included on that shipment of parts, so I assumed you charged me. I am not into the business of "stealing parts" from vendors as I have been accused in this situation. I am just going to stick to 911s now, but I really miss my 951. Paragon Products and Pelican will be my go to people again.

I know all you guys hate me by now.

Since I'm such a horrible person and obviously not smart enough to be here, or never worked on a 951, I must say goodbye.

-Chris
Old 08-02-2012, 02:40 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by chris951
I must say goodbye.

-Chris
Btw, that's a ubber fugly red VW beetle

bye
Old 08-02-2012, 11:59 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Dear Chris. It is unfortunate that things went this way for you. No one including myself think you stole anything. Yes you were given a hard time about this but I think due to stress you overreacted to your predicament.

I would expect to receive the same ridicule from people if I did something similar.

I hope that things work out better for you if you ever decide to buy yourself a 951 again.

Your happiness is up to you not the rest of rennlist.

If I lived closer I would have offered to help you. Also don't take what I posted so seriously.

I hope things work out for you with whatever you decide to do. Life is too short to take any of this to heart

Good Luck

After over three months of this engine project that turned into a nightmare, I'm done. My car is sold. I've owned and worked on Porsches for over 11 years and most of that has been with the 944/951 series cars. It was all my fault, LR has never made a mistake. Thanks for your input Mike, it would have sure been better to deal with you at the beginning. An invoice was never included on that shipment of parts, so I assumed you charged me. I am not into the business of "stealing parts" from vendors as I have been accused in this situation. I am just going to stick to 911s now, but I really miss my 951. Paragon Products and Pelican will be my go to people again.

Since I'm such a horrible person and obviously not smart enough to be here, or never worked on a 951, I must say goodbye.

-Chris
Old 08-02-2012, 12:52 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

-Chris
No man nobdy hates you these cars can try the patiance of a saint! Mine has been in cold storage for 3 years! It pissed me of ! My solution was a can of fuel stabilizer and a car cover! Could'nt get it into car cause it won't go into gear!

Back working on it now, point being some times you have to step away. Glad you stepped up and appogized to Lyndsey and good luck with your funny engined P cars!

Quick Reply: LR loses another customer