Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

LR loses another customer

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 PM
chris951
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LR loses another customer

Today I got a bill and a phone car from Lindsey Racing a month and a half after ordering a bunch of parts. I ordered the breather can and after they called me and told me I had to upgrade to the 1'' hose, I said ok. I received the parts, mediocre quality. The 1'' AO hose is a big pain to install. My engine project didn't work out and I'm parting my 951 out (Junk Engine from DC AUTO).

Today I was called the told that I owe LR $20 for the 1" upgrade, I guess it is my fault they can't keep their books straight or their customer service. 2 months ago, I ordered new pressure plate/clutch/flywheel hardware and had a counterfeit bolt break off in my flywheel from LR. They tried to say that this never happens and instead of sending me a new set of bolts, they sent one.

Years ago I bought a set of camber plates and had issues with cheap hardware, play in the bearings with no help. I was going to buy another 951, but not now.

Pelican Parts and Paragon have always been there for me with great customer service, and great quality parts.

For $20,LR has lost another customer.

-Chris G.
Attached Images  
Old 07-25-2012, 09:49 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think LR's performance really keeps you from owning a 951. There are a lot of other games in town, after all. Nevertheless, I'm sorry to hear that you had some bad experiences.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:32 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Yea, These cars are plagued with BS problems. That's why they are at the bottom of the NADA values for Porsche. It's like dating the most beautiful woman and suddenly you find she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. You keep dating her only to find out you have sunk a fortune into her. So much that it's not worth escaping any more. But when she runs. Dam does she run good.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:08 PM
piperporsche180944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You wouldnt be the first unhappy customer... I spent quite a bit more money with them.... Then I resorted to Rogue and other vendors.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 PM
ChrisJ951
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had an engine built by them and have spent almost $20k with them over the past 2 years. Nothing but top notch service. If I had an issue it was resolved quickly but I never had an issue with any parts failing.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Are we really going to bash LR over $20?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Will Feather
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by refresh951
Are we really going to bash LR over $20?
Sounds like he has had other problems with them before. I can understand his level of frustration however. Just a few weeks ago he went through all the effort of putting in a "good low mileage motor" from DC which turned out to be blown. Mans had nothing but problems lately.

Just gotta keep on keepin on!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

One of the big suppliers is apparently supplying those bolts in place of the correct pressure plate bolts. I ordered clutch parts from Paragon a while back and got the bolt in your picture. I never looked at them closely until I was about to use them, only to see I don't even have the socket they take. In contrast to your experience, I called Paragon and explained the issue. I was apparently the first to call this to their attention, and they immediately apologized and overnighted me a full set of Porsche originals while working the issue out with the supplier -- no charge. I tend to go to Pelican for my parts, because I live near their drop shipper and get things next day, but Paragon may be the current leader in customer service and will get more business from me in the future.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:57 PM
chris951
Rennlist Member

They want to lose a customer over $20 because they wait almost 2 months to figure out they didn't charge me for a crap part. I'm done with their BS. Their products are way overpriced and cheap quality. I've had nothing but horrible service from LR. It is their fault theft didn't charge me, bad practice to try and bill me for $20 after 2 months, DC Auto has better service and they screwed me for $2500.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:30 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

You bought the part and knew you owed them 20 bucks. I've spent a ton of money and never had any issues with them. Maybe you should not own a Porsche if your worried about a mere 20 bucks.

I have the hose your talking about. It's a silicone hose. What the heck were you expecting? It's a silicone hose like any other.

If we didn't have vendors like LR, Chris White, Josh, Vitesse, Paragon and others we would not be able to enjoy the cars the way we can.

As far as the broken bolt there is a ton of counterfeit parts entering all areas of industry mainly coming from China. We have had counterfeit products at my work that are supposed to be MIL-SPEC. There is information out there to aid in identifying counterfeit bolts and other hardware.

Instead of getting so pissed off, talk to whichever vendor you have a issue with in a civil manner and they will likely help you the best they can. The vendors we all deal with are not out to screw us over.

Last edited by gruhsy; 07-26-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:39 AM
chris951
Rennlist Member

I have a 964 and have owned 4 Porsches. Is it too much to ask for quality parts and good service. I've owned Porsches for over ten years and this vendor is at the bottom. I did not "buy" the part, they forced me into it. Would you be pissed if a vendor screwed up and decided down the line that you owed them money? It's common sense, if you like customers, don't screw up and ask customers to fix something you are at fault for. I bought a lot of parts from them, I thought the charged me( still confirming this)
Old 07-26-2012, 01:40 AM
chris951
Rennlist Member

"they"
Old 07-26-2012, 01:40 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I am betting the supplier for the bolts and many of the other 'generic' parts like gaskets from Victor Reinz, parts from Bosch..etc are from WorldPac or a similar supplier. And i bet all of the big names we see in the 944 arena all get the parts from the same place. Infact i just looked up the pressure plate bolts on WordPac and the bolt pictured looks exactly like what you posted... WorldPac is very good about having a picture of the exact item you get.. its great for cross referencing parts..etc also. The brand is listed simply as 'OE Aftermarket'. Not saying i dont agree with you, just saying alot of these places get the parts from the same place.

Ive ordered tons of stuff from LR and never really had problems, cant even add up how much money i have spent with them but definetley well over $3-4k over the span of my 10+ years of owning a 944 series car. They even replaced an out of the box bad FAE (or maybe it was a URO) oil pressure sender and sent me a VDO sender (twice the price of the non OE one i originally ordered) for my trouble. Also returned some things i had not used during my rebuild like a year after the order.. no fuss from them. I can understand your frustration though over $20, that would have po'ed me also.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:43 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
One of the big suppliers is apparently supplying those bolts in place of the correct pressure plate bolts. I ordered clutch parts from Paragon a while back and got the bolt in your picture. I never looked at them closely until I was about to use them, only to see I don't even have the socket they take. In contrast to your experience, I called Paragon and explained the issue. I was apparently the first to call this to their attention, and they immediately apologized and overnighted me a full set of Porsche originals while working the issue out with the supplier -- no charge. I tend to go to Pelican for my parts, because I live near their drop shipper and get things next day, but Paragon may be the current leader in customer service and will get more business from me in the future.
AMEN!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
I never looked at them closely until I was about to use them, only to see I don't even have the socket they take.
If i remember right i got the same bolts when i did my clutch a few years ago. I think i ordered the clutch parts 'kit' from Paragon. I also didnt have the right tool for those bolts which i think was something like a T45 torx bit. I had to borrow the bit from a mechanic at my friends shop (who has literally every Snap-On tool in the catalog).

In-fact i had the same issue when i parted my motor out earlier this year. I couldn't take the pressure plate off because once again i was missing that big torx bit. My friend that bought the motor ended up dropping it off at a local indy p-car mechanic (who was going to install the engine in his car) who took it off for me.. he also has like every tool known to man in the Mac 'Macsamizer' box that takes up an entire wall of his shop. I have tool envy

Quick Reply: LR loses another customer