Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Kinda dead in here. Show us your updates or videos.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:40 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not really anything to update on my end. Been driving it daily and beating on it every chance I get.

We just started playing with the timing and it's looking promising.

I'm getting ready to swap the turbine housing and turbine wheel for more top end.

The track is closed for the mile high nationals this week so no testing for me. Unless I decide to drive 3hours to pueblo tomorrow night. I'd like to see what difference this new timing made but I might wait or hit a dyno.

Or I might just drink beer.....
Old 07-19-2012, 05:02 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by blown 944
Not really anything to update on my end. Been driving it daily and beating on it every chance I get.

I'm getting ready to swap the turbine housing and turbine wheel for more top end.

The track is closed for the mile high nationals this week so no testing for me. Unless I decide to drive 3hours to pueblo tomorrow night. I'd like to see what difference this new timing made but I might wait or hit a dyno.

Screw the track, go find a z06 on the fwy and destroy it I dare you and post the video.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:25 PM
jlanders951
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is some footage from the Bogus Basin hillcross in Boise Idaho run by the PCA
Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 PM
White_951
Rennlist Member

I'd love to have something to report, but my wrenching time ain't over.... hopefully have the new turbo in this weekend....
Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by Richgreenster
That looks great! I need to do mine.
It does look great.

Originally Posted by blown 944

EGGGsellent. Did you have to go through a dead spot before you brassed up your nuts and then found a sweet spot much higher up? Or was it backing down more than you thought? I need details!

Originally Posted by lart951
Screw the track, go find a z06 on the fwy and destroy it I dare you and post the video.
Agreed.. As long as you make it up on a made up closed track.

Originally Posted by White_951
I'd love to have something to report, but my wrenching time ain't over.... hopefully have the new turbo in this weekend....
So... pics? Which turbo?
Old 07-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Seattle944
Instructor

Default updates

Not that I was called upon or had my hand in the air. But I put on the new wheel, plasti-dipped the Carrera II's, and got the water-meth in with the tank installed, and finally hooked up my AEM boost gauge.
Attached Images     
Old 07-19-2012, 08:54 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by Seattle944
Not that I was called upon or had my hand in the air. But I put on the new wheel, plasti-dipped the Carrera II's, and got the water-meth in with the tank installed, and finally hooked up my AEM boost gauge.
Before and after Dyno for a definitive wate-meth gain?

And, no you or many other people weren't called upon, but everyone's response is the intended purpose. Thank you for posting.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Originally Posted by 95ONE

EGGGsellent. Did you have to go through a dead spot before you brassed up your nuts and then found a sweet spot much higher up? Or was it backing down more than you thought? I need details!

It was really more of a gut feeling I had. We had been running very conservative timing and I felt that I could push it more. Josh is always keeping me in check. He went ahead and did a more aggressive tune for me after I showed some data from some of the e85 sbc turbo cars. He did a custom fqs timing setup for me so if I start seeing knock or it falls off then I can put it back.

So far though it feels quite a bit better and it leaned out the top end some.

The idea really is to maximize the low boost and go from there.

It's been a little tough not to really crank it up, but it really is plenty fast.

Too many more things to do before trying to hurt it.

Honestly though, I should get on a dyno.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Seattle944
Instructor

95one: no worries just thought I would share. And yea the water-meth dyno is the plan. It might be a couple weeks but I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:41 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm getting Waqqas's car back in the next week for a few more things. I'll get a vid of it this weekend or following week. It's beastly...e85 now.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Tim-C.
Instructor

I'm scheduled Sunday to drive my 951 for the first time since January 2011. It's now back together with a Vitesse Stage II, new clutch, rod bearings, head work, Pilot Sport IIs, and a whole lot of extra stuff.

Plan is to pick it up in ATL and drive back to New Jersey. I'll post up some details as I continue the thread I started back a year and a half ago.

But I appreciate the spirit of this thread. I'm on RL at least weekly (more often daily) to still feel connected to the car and the greater 951 community.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:30 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Finally installed the 996TT calipers with adapters supplied by 95one, working great ! and upgraded to the latest Vitesse software going to fill up with e85 this weekend
Old 07-20-2012, 01:52 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Nice one David!! What spindles do you have on your car?
Old 07-20-2012, 02:05 AM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by David Floyd
Finally installed the 996TT calipers with adapters supplied by 95one, working great ! and upgraded to the latest Vitesse software going to fill up with e85 this weekend
Ooooooh! Pictures?
Old 07-20-2012, 02:23 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by David Floyd
WEll that took you long enough! - Coming from the guy that still isn't using his.

Originally Posted by DDP
I'm getting Waqqas's car back in the next week for a few more things. I'll get a vid of it this weekend or following week. It's beastly...e85 now.
Tell that goofball "HI" and have him post the updates on here.

Its great to hear all these results. This is what I was hoping for. To hear about all the good times after the hard work.

Quick Reply: Kinda dead in here. Show us your updates or videos.