moore 944 drag racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 04:35 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, going fast in straight line has nothing to do with launching. Lol

Parts have never broke going fast in a straight line.

Speaking of launching, just saw the 991 on motorweek and it did 12.1 but only 115 trap. Now that is launching!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:42 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toddk911
Oh, going fast in straight line has nothing to do with launching. Lol

Parts have never broke going fast in a straight line.

Speaking of launching, just saw the 991 on motorweek and it did 12.1 but only 115 trap. Now that is launching!
No sir! THAT'S VOMITING! The computer is driving the car!

Yeah, I agree! Overall, we have great thrust to weight ratio, BUT, the engineers didn't design the car for the purpose, so we'll never be corvette killers...and are fools to try. Gimme a 87 Firehawk car, on a 2.5 mile road circuit, and I can probably beat a 1987 corvette, on that course.

I'm just saying what we all know. 951's aren't drag cars, but they'll kick your GM *** on a road corse.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:42 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 95ONE
These cars are not great launching vehicles due to the nature of the Transaxle (specific to our cars). The rest of 1/4 mile comes pretty naturally for our cars. I think the 968 transmission can take a damn good hammering though.

Ehall, I like your avatar.
hahahahahhah...cracked me up too.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:36 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Charger, olds 442, chevy chevelle ss, ummmmm plenty, but I think you'll agree; this is damned sure not one of them. Just not built for any extra power off the line.

Oh yes, I remember how strong those "c" clip axles were... Lol

Or how strong strong the u joints were.

And oh yes I remember how "fast" these old muscle cars were without a bit of aftermarket engineering. Lololol. Yep a 14 second, wheel hopping, gas guzzling, sloppy riding beasts were.

Having owned about every muscle car in my life I still stand by the statement that the 951 is just fine and is much more pleasurable to drive.

I'm not going to throw out my "professional opinion" like it means anything on here. Lol......

Just have fun, however you want race your car.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:38 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Just sayin...those idiots who pay 5 LARGE bills for those cars @ Blow JOB Scottsdale, think those cars were built to....wait for it....DRAG RACE... a uniquely and completedly retarded idea! not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:58 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Let's be clear about something! Never has there been a Porsche, designed to be a straight line car, until the 997.2 Turbo S . Without esxception, the 944 and Turbo weren't designed for that specific task. Our axles can't wait to explode. Our trannies, by which I mean those fake wimmins that you "DRAGGERS" carry in your cars, blow their nuts after the 5th run; AND the stereo sucks!

So there's that. DAMMIT!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

The 951 was never designed for a MAF kit.
The 951 was never designed for a larger turbocharger.
The 951 was never designed for stroker motors.
The 951 was never designed for coil-over springs.
The 951 was never designed for massive break upgrades.
The 951 was never designed for high-powered stereo systems.
The 951 was never designed for aftermarket clutches.
The 951 was never designed for electronic or manual boost controllers.
The 951 was never designed for Tial/Turbosmart/xxx wastegates.
The 951 was never designed for fiberglass body-panels.
The 951 was never designed for ......

The 951 was never designed for the myriad of things we do to them. If we only cared what it was originally designed for, then everyone would be driving 100% stock cars.

In the end, if the owner is having fun with his car - regardless of his/her choice of what fun is - then why **** in their cheerios?
Old 07-01-2012, 07:18 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

www.pissintheircheerios.com.de

It's a German site. They're funny that way.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:21 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

OKAY! I'm done with the ABSURDITY! It's yours! Rip the clutch, CV's and cogs out of it! I trully don't give a ****!

I said it once. I stand by it. 951's WERE NOT DESIGNED TO BE DRAG CARS! ...EVEN if you have the flavor of the year MAF!, or any other goddamned thing!

You are'n't going to win the race! If you want to win, there are numerous and VASTLY better platforms. WhaT IS IT THEY SAY, "tHERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT."

YEAH...no ****. What engine you runnin in your 951?

Thought so.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:34 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We all haven't had a good fight in a while.. Ding Ding. I'm taking bets. But this time.. Imma sit in the stands and watch. I'm getting too old and tired.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by ehall
OKAY! I'm done with the ABSURDITY! It's yours! Rip the clutch, CV's and cogs out of it! I trully don't give a ****!

I said it once. I stand by it. 951's WERE NOT DESIGNED TO BE DRAG CARS! ...EVEN if you have the flavor of the year MAF!, or any other goddamned thing!

You are'n't going to win the race! If you want to win, there are numerous and VASTLY better platforms. WhaT IS IT THEY SAY, "tHERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT."

YEAH...no ****. What engine you runnin in your 951?

Thought so.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Of course there are better platforms - there always will be a 'better' platform. To that point, all the road-racing guys should immediately sell their 951s and buy a Caymen/GT3/whatever.

If the only goal is to start with the best platform, then you missed the point. The point is to have fun with the car of your choice.

It seems people have forgotten basic common courtesy: If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by 95ONE
We all haven't had a good fight in a while.. Ding Ding. I'm taking bets. But this time.. Imma sit in the stands and watch. I'm getting too old and tired.
Ha - then put me down for $ on ehall...
I simply do not have the desire to argue against an opinion (no-win situation) - I am just tired of seeing the negativity lately.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:28 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Okay Rogue, Let us get REAL FREAKIN CLEAR ABOUT SOMETHING! I haven't said a freakin word about ANYONE!

Can ya tell how I'm trying to guard my actual words?

I'm talking about dragging a car, that CLEARLY was never designed for the task!

NOW, if you WANT to destroy parts that are QUICKLY becoming NLA, AND you're a 12yr old, with Dad's card, then HELL! Get all up in it! WOOOT!

I basicly don't give flying freakin crap (words again...and getting angry about it!) what a PERSON wants to do with THEIR CAR! I do care about the ever growing derth of quality spare parts.

That all being said, the guy who wants to DRAG RACE his 951/2, who is not also dressed as a DRAG QUEEN, should instead, call the teacher and race the litle yellow bus against that dude or chick's Ford Ranger pickup!

Ateast you might win!

Let's put a cap on this!

No matter HOW much you beg!, I will NOT use my 87 Ski Nautique to enable you to ski down I-95, just like I will not let you kiss my nephew because you are....okay wait...let's keep this non-catholic! Just sayin, this thread was NOT a thing untill some of you ladies decided that you wanted to get me to go out on some perverse datish thing!

Seriously,you're great guys, but I just don't know what I would say to my fianceee.

Other than, BABY! Rogue has a great POOSIOISE! Like a hooker!

Dude seriously, I'm good with whatever. What happens to a car is whatever the owner wants. BUT, I'm always going to try to look after the 951, so that later owners have a fair shot at keeping them great!
That's that. full stop.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:41 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You can buy billet hubs, and steel control arms for our cars, Big 6 pot brake kits, 500lb springs, coil over kits, T-bar delete, etc, etc, etc.... maybe the 951 wasn't designed for road racing either.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

ehall, I've read your reply three times... and still I don't think I understand half of it. Hell, I'm not even sure if you are tying to insult me - way too tangential.

Regardless - you win, I said my piece and that is it.

Bruce, where is my $$$ ;p

Quick Reply: moore 944 drag racing