Drag Strip (Bandimere) Tonight!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 03:27 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

if I remember correctely the kep II was good for about 1000hp and the kep I for about 600hp. The kep I and six puck or ceramic clutch combination is a better choice, I used the kep I and 930 disc.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:00 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow what a night.

Not at all like I'm used to. I did make one run at low boost and ran 12.6@111. I forgot to change my fqs back to leaner setting so the moh was down a little. I was going to let it rip but after the first pass I just couldn't do it. My first run is never my best but it did ok.

From the logs I saw of Dana's it affirms what I thought would need to be run to run over 110. They looked like they were between 19-23psi at the map.

Like I've said before. It's not at all easy up here.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:18 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Sounds like a bit of a hokey night guys but sometimes it just goes like that. These preliminary days/nights are all just 'area under the curve' to build up to the ultimate race setup and results in the future. Thanks for the rapid postings. Sorta feels like we're there or listening on the radio to the coverage. Hey next time someone should do some live coverage over Skype or something!!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:27 AM
blown 944
Race Car

And a big thanks to Kyle (mooreboost) for loaning the part and driving my car home for me.

In hindsight. I wish I would have just cranked it up, but I was gun shy. At least it didn't break the transaxle. It's funny, I thought for sure that's what happened. I messed around for a couple hours and Kyle and I were talking and he asked if I was sure it was the trans. I told him from the sound of it I thought so but never really checked it out. Go back up and look and sure enough... The cv was exploded.

I have a theory that the shaft can move too far and push the ***** out of the cage. I'm going to work on that. I was really surprised since ive made over 100 runs on this stuff. It's weird that the newer GNK cv broke where the older one never did (it just made noise)
Old 06-21-2012, 06:06 AM
MooreBoost
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blown 944
And a big thanks to Kyle (mooreboost) for loaning the part and driving my car home for me.

In hindsight. I wish I would have just cranked it up, but I was gun shy. At least it didn't break the transaxle. It's funny, I thought for sure that's what happened. I messed around for a couple hours and Kyle and I were talking and he asked if I was sure it was the trans. I told him from the sound of it I thought so but never really checked it out. Go back up and look and sure enough... The cv was exploded.

I have a theory that the shaft can move too far and push the ***** out of the cage. I'm going to work on that. I was really surprised since ive made over 100 runs on this stuff. It's weird that the newer GNK cv broke where the older one never did (it just made noise)
Man what a night!!!!! Just got home with a blown boost hose and a cracked radiator!!!! Shootz. I got spares for both so lucky me.

Im am so glad I went up. Very very fun night. Sids car is super fast. I cant wait for 20 psi on that engine. 10 second car at bandimere. I got video ill post later.
Attached Images  

Last edited by MooreBoost; 06-21-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
I will most likely be going with dnovak's setup...
What's that consists of? or does he make custom clutches?
Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 AM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Josh -- how much power are you running? I've got the KEP 1 with a cup disc and it's fabulous.

That said, I'd understand if you just want to be done with KEP altogether. A friend of mine (azmi951 on RL) broke a few teeth on his KEP 2, shortly before he broke the clutch fork itself. KEP replaced it for free, so that's something at least.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:12 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

So far the S/Bend clutch kit seems good to me.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:17 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Josh, Sid, Dana, anyone else whoe is reading this, No kidding, If there is anyway I can get you guys to come down here to hang out for a long weekend, let me know. I have trucks, a trailer, A fabrication shop, and a dyno at my disposal for little or no money at all. Houston raceway park is a blast, but so is Hennesy's drag strip since they have a much more relaxed disposition.

I know my debates come out wrong and at the wrong time often enough, but it truly doesn't describe how I am in person. Drinks are on me. The Dyno cost wouldn't be any more than $35 for 3 runs since I am friends with the owner.

We have a pretty large 951 Crowd here in Houston too. I think they have all converted to V8's.. but we're here! Eclou, and Schupbach and I. Many other Rennlister's here also. You wouldn't believe the car scene here. It's flat out ridiculous.

Dead serious, offer's on the table.
My biggest issue with this is I already travel enough for work...but if you want I am going to the n-ring on July 6th......
Old 06-21-2012, 10:20 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

From the logs I saw of Dana's it affirms what I thought would need to be run to run over 110. They looked like they were between 19-23psi at the map.

Like I've said before. It's not at all easy up here.
On that run, I tried increasing boost, but was bouncing off my overboost. It would spike to 23, then overboost protection ad recover at about 19psi just to do it again. I need to get the curve smoothed out to get the higher boost.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

You are probably loading the right axle more since the everthing spins clockwise......
Old 06-21-2012, 10:40 AM
BoostBuggy
Pro

I didn't run (can't afford to be breaking parts right now) but it was great to meet Josh, Dana & Kyle. I learned quite a bit about drag racing (in a general sense) that I didn't previously know (being more of right/left turn kind of racing guy)

I'm looking forward to going back and learning more. Who knows, if I don't part the BoostBuggy then maybe I'll give it a run or two in the near future....

See all you guys again soon......

Michael
Old 06-21-2012, 10:46 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Next we need an IMI Motorsports day....
Old 06-21-2012, 12:15 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 345 Posts

Next time you guys come to a road course! How about the newly repaved Pueblo Motorsports Park with NASA on July 7-8?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:51 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by docwyte
Next time you guys come to a road course! How about the newly repaved Pueblo Motorsports Park with NASA on July 7-8?
Well...better idea.... I am going to the nurburgring on the 7th. How about that track?

http://www.rent4ring.de/

Quick Reply: Drag Strip (Bandimere) Tonight!!