Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rogue Tuning: DME tuning, logging, and diagnostics

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sound good. So it is adjusts AFR in RPM/Load cells and data logs and stores the data? Sign me up, how much is this?
Old 05-27-2012, 03:43 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
Sound good. So it is adjusts AFR in RPM/Load cells and data logs and stores the data? Sign me up, how much is this?
Brian, did you watch the youtube videos?

Much more than just adjusting AFR...
AFR, timing, tip-in enrichment, rev-limits, idle-speed, drop-throttle response, overboost limits, warm-up enrichment, cold-start enrichment, warm-start enrichment, intake air temp adjustments, coolant temp adjustments, injector-duty-cycle limit adjustment, ect, ect, ect.

This setup works intimately with the M-Tune. Pricing I will post up this week, and setup should be available immediately afterwords.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Excellent work Josh, I'm looking forward to this becoming a finished product. This will save a ton of hassle and make on the fly tuning a no brainer. I shot you an email/pm bout a week back josh; this changes the game for me considerably. Keep us posted.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:02 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Joshua,

No mention of logging knock. Is this possible given the KLR is a separate system in the 951? Perhaps it could be easily adapted to the S2 M-Tune when this appears? I would imagine that knock logging would be even more of a game changer - it is something that the Zeitronix and Inniovate cannot do (well they can't log timing either!).
Old 05-27-2012, 04:13 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Brian, did you watch the youtube videos?

Much more than just adjusting AFR...
AFR, timing, tip-in enrichment, rev-limits, idle-speed, drop-throttle response, overboost limits, warm-up enrichment, cold-start enrichment, warm-start enrichment, intake air temp adjustments, coolant temp adjustments, injector-duty-cycle limit adjustment, ect, ect, ect.

This setup works intimately with the M-Tune. Pricing I will post up this week, and setup should be available immediately afterwords.
I did. The first video showed some dials and a blip on the throttle. The second had a bunch of screen flash up that had no description. I really didn't get any specification out of them. Got anything that I can read for specs?
Old 05-27-2012, 04:32 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by Dougs951S
Excellent work Josh, I'm looking forward to this becoming a finished product. This will save a ton of hassle and make on the fly tuning a no brainer. I shot you an email/pm bout a week back josh; this changes the game for me considerably. Keep us posted.
Yep - way easier to tune with this setup compared to anything else I've seen.

Originally Posted by Eric_Oz_S2
Joshua,

No mention of logging knock. Is this possible given the KLR is a separate system in the 951? Perhaps it could be easily adapted to the S2 M-Tune when this appears? I would imagine that knock logging would be even more of a game changer - it is something that the Zeitronix and Inniovate cannot do (well they can't log timing either!).
Logging knock is another challenge... And is something I'm working on a solution. But the current logging setup does not log knock.
The S2 setup we will see, being that the S2 is a bit more integrated (one ECU), it might be an easier solution to log knock.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:55 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Great work Joshua. Do you plan to make a metric version ? Farhenheits & PSI's are pita for us europeans
Old 05-27-2012, 05:01 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
I did. The first video showed some dials and a blip on the throttle. The second had a bunch of screen flash up that had no description. I really didn't get any specification out of them. Got anything that I can read for specs?
Sure, how about experiencing the software first-hand?

You will need TunerPro:

TunerPro download

To datalog, you do not have to register the software. To tune, you will need to register ($40 - not to me, but to the author of TunerPro).

Next, you need to download the package I've put together:

DME Interface Package

Unzip the package, and put the contents somewhere you will remember.

Now, install TunerPro. Once the software is installed, we need to set it up for use.
First, open the .xdf file:

Navigate to where you put the unzipped files, and select the .xdf file. Once you do this, you will want to make sure the "Parameter Tree" is showing:

If it isn't showing, press F6, or select 'View' -> 'Show Parameter Tree'. Once the parameter tree is showing, click on the pull-down menu right underneath where it says Parameter Tree:

And select 'Parameter Category'. It should now be nicely organized like in the pictures.

Next, we need to load the .bin file:

Again, navigate to where you put the unzipped files, and this time select the .bin file.

Finally, we load the datalogging file:

Navigate to where you put the unzipped files, and select the .adx file.

Now, you will want to have the 'Parameter Comments' window, as it will explain what every tune-able option does. To get this window, press F10, or go 'View -> Parameter Comments'.

Finally, to show the datalogging screens, you have three options, the Dash ('Acquisition -> Show Dash'), Monitors / graphs ('Acquisition -> Show Monitors'), and Item Lists ('Acquisition -> Data Lists').

Now you can open any of the parameters in the Parameter tree, double-click on a table / value, and make changes, or simply read about what it does:

Once you setup the software, then it will remember your settings.

Last edited by Rogue_Ant; 05-27-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Fixed Link
Old 05-27-2012, 05:02 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by Olli Snellman
Great work Joshua. Do you plan to make a metric version ? Farhenheits & PSI's are pita for us europeans
Yes, I could do that... or you gents could convert to a reasonable measurement system
Old 05-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Old dog cannot learn any new tricks..... Half a centrury with celsius, bar, & kM has caused some damage to my brains
Old 05-27-2012, 05:47 AM
Motosport
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Truly amazing work Josh and very impressive... Now I'm looking forward even more to get the M-tune installed in my car, and be able to play around with all these new features..

I can hardly wait to see what else you have in the pipeline for our cars..

Thanks..
Old 05-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Thanks for the complements! Yes, I have a few more goodies on their way... I just need to finish them up!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

So, I wanted to show everyone an example of how useful the logging / diagnostic portion is...

We just replaced Sid's engine (thread here). We noticed it was running rough, and was a bit hard to cold-start.
So, we hooked up the laptop, and saw this:

At this point the car had been running for less than 5minutes. The problem is immediately obvious: the coolant temp was reading 261°F (127°C) !!!

We knew right away that the engine could not be that hot, so after inspecting the wire, we found that the wire inside the boot had frayed, and was shorted!

What could have taken a significant amount of time to diagnose and test, took mere seconds with the logger!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:15 AM
hally
Rennlist Member

Awesome Joshua!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Den951
Intermediate

Joshua, amazing stuff I cant wait to get back to Denver in July, you will be seeing my order Keep up the great work!

Quick Reply: Rogue Tuning: DME tuning, logging, and diagnostics