Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cylinder stabilization

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 03:37 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Sid, running 19psi with 11:1 c/r is amazing! Especially since it's on an 8v!! That car must just get up out of the blocks really quickly!! (Almost as fast as that Techno-speed soundtrack behind curtain number 2! ) Good for you.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blown 944
Ok to keep things in perspective, and to be bluntly clear about why I did it this way...

First did I expect it to work well? NO, I expected it to push the gasket immediately
Do I care? NO, I am building another engine and rep-lacing HG's is not a big deal.
Was it an experiement? Yes, to see if the filler made any difference using the weakest parts in my posession.
Did I tell anyone else this a good IDea to to do with their own car? NO, What I do to my car is my biz.
Were my ARP studs in my posession yet? NO, If they were I would have used them with the widefire.

I'd say it was a success. I once again took it out for a 2 hr drive this morning and ran the crap out of it to see how it went. Again no coolant overflow.

I even turned up the boost a little bit. To around 19psi. Again this is with 11.:1 compression. The MAF reading show about 45# per minute

I think a lot gets lost in my postings about why I do things.

One other thing to note is that since I have owned this car it has not been off the road for more than a week or so. so truly I enjoy it regularly and I don't drive it nicely!!!

There are a lot of intelligent people posting in this thread alone, and I am glad to be able to spark any intelligent conversation. I am always willing to learn. However, I am also willing to test things out on my own dime.

I personally don't think that me doing something different to _MY CAR_ merits throwing around an insult such as stupidity. I do my best to reserve judgement on others ideas and choices. I also speak in the same manor that I would as if they were standing right in front of me. I really doubt anyone here would call anyones ideas stupid directly to their face. But here we have the internet ,and internet kahones.....

Speaking of which...

Ahh Forget it... Age has taught me a few things.......... Have a good day ..I know I am..... ripping around in my hoopty
I say ignore the haters. Ppl on here are crazy. They think everything this a big ol secret. But its not. You look at some other forums and they are light years a head of us. Best part is they are willing to share as well. Some ppl oh here get bent out shape if the their instructions are made public or thinks the Maf code from afm is cracked.

I remember when i saw Special Tool's block that was filled with cement saying to him dude what the hell. He explained to me why he did it and why didnt it work. It didnt work because he didn't account for too much expansion of the cylinders was and the cure time.

Rock on and make more videos
Old 03-16-2012, 07:23 AM
DLS
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did you fill the block with the engine still in the car?
Any pictures of it?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:57 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did, I didn't take any pics. I never really do.

I jacked up the passenger side as high as possible. I also cleaned it out very well with brake cleaner. I then stuffed paper towel pieces around the water pump ports in the front of the block. I then filled it with Moroso filler up to the webbing between cylinders.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:21 PM
DLS
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the info
i will try my arp studs and o-ring the block first and then maybe block filler

Quick Reply: Cylinder stabilization