Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

PRI show

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 12:25 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I think I know how my girls felt when we took them to Disney! A million square feet of this stuff! We are right across from Wossner. We are listed as Racer's Edge but we are using a Millers Oils display.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow, busy week.
Flew to Florida on Friday, Flew to St Kitts / Neivs on Saturday – worked on the engine management of a race car until Sunday noon and then flew back to Florida. Drove to Orlando on Monday for 3 day engine building conference and now its time for the PRI show to start. I need a vacation already!!

The show is shaping up nicely, I missed M42, 67king and Neil – you guys weren’t hanging out in your booths this afternoon! (BTW – they are pretty close to each other!). I’ll stop by tomorrow.

How about a get together after the show (before the kart race) tomorrow – in the South East lobby there is a grey ‘Titan’ drag car, I’ll be there around 5:30. Look for the guy wearing the denim Porschelist shirt. Tomorrow (Thursday) PRI puts on a happy hour for opening day – free beer and snacks in the ‘lobby’ – its outside of where you have to show your credential s to get in so if anybody else wants to drop in they can. Then its off to the kart race!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

PRI is very awesome. I have been once and i hope you enjoy your time!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:32 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by m42racer
Now that makes the week worthwhile. There is something to be said for holding the show in Florida and not in Indy.

I wish I could stay longer but I can only be there until Thursday afternoon. As a guest, I have the privilage of been there on Wednesday when there is only exhibitors. I'm hoping to see as much as possible without alot of other poeple there.

Without appearing to be promoting anything, I recommend anyone who is going to stop by the Link-Vipec booth and see the new Knock warning device. An incrediable little inexpensive device that will save alot of 944 engines in the future from breaking. Knowing how these engine fail with detonation issues, this little device is definitely somthing to consider. Well worth the look, and just passing along the headsup.

At least this is one booth that speaks 951.
Simon, say Hi to Neil for me. I might be forced to pay a visit sometime soon.......................................
Old 12-01-2011, 08:34 AM
BoostBuggy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris:

That sounds like a plan! I got in last night (Wed) and had dinner at Bahamas at the Pointe. I was going to suggest we meet over there sometime Thur nite but I think your suggestion will work better. I will you and all tonite.

Michael
Old 12-01-2011, 08:48 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will have to hustle, picking my wife up at the airport at 5:00.

Is it necessary to have credentials for the kart race?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:06 AM
BoostBuggy
Pro

I don't think so. I didn;t go to the kart race last here but in 09 it was on the backside of the convention center outside. So anyone could walk up and watch.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by disasterman
I will have to hustle, picking my wife up at the airport at 5:00.

Is it necessary to have credentials for the kart race?
Nope - its outside. Hopefully they won't tag you for the $13 parking fee because you are getting there that late!

I still have a spare credential if you need it.

BTW – if anybody else wants to meet up inside for lunch or whatever – 315-636-8716 keep trying or leave a message, cell connection can be pretty weird inside the building.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i love going to these type of shows, no know it alls.. no kids.. just products and a lot of knowledge..
Old 12-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Missed this because my dad got called into work and my mom had surgery today so I pulled watch duty. She's out of her head on morphine and I'm studying for Supply Chain Management... this is almost as much fun as go-karts, right guys?
Old 12-02-2011, 08:46 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No parking fee and had a great time checking out the kart race, 14.8 second laps. Several pros were driving, nice show.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:33 AM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Just seeing this now... I'm in town. -Lemme know if there's a 951 meetup which breaks out!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:10 PM
BoostBuggy
Pro

Wanted to quickly say it was great to meet all at PRI Thurday night. there were several Rennlisters there and it's always fun to put faces and real names with the screen names of the community.

Sorry to those I missed (I know I missed Travis, Harry & Karl for sure) It was was a great show for us with signing the agreement with Riley Technologies and getting quite a bit of editorial interest from the editors at "Race Car Engineering."

Now it's off to Daytona on Mondy for Rolex testing on Tuesday & Wednesday (if anyone will be around there by all means, give me a shout) and then off to the IMIS show in COLDDDD (brrrr!) Indianapolis geting back to Denver late Friday night.

If you're interested, PM me for my cell #.

Michael

Quick Reply: PRI show