Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Mahle, Arias, Woessner or JE pistons best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Now I'm glad I did not go with JE.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
Not sure JE wouldn't have worked for your motor, however your pistons seem to have MUCH better track record than JEs... at least from what I have seen, and based on the builders feedback.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:03 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JE makes a fine product. If my oil ring was correct, I'd be happy with the motor. The pistons had NOTHING to do with my issues, it was just the oil ring coating was incompatible with my Nikasil bores and caused the slight scoring.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
JE makes a fine product. If my oil ring was correct, I'd be happy with the motor. The pistons had NOTHING to do with my issues, it was just the oil ring coating was incompatible with my Nikasil bores and caused the slight scoring.
My comment was not in reference to the quality of their pistons, but rather their customer service.

If that is how they treat customers, I want nothing to do with them. Call it principle, if you will.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 PM
George D
Drifting

My comment was not in reference to the quality of their pistons, but rather their customer service.

If that is how they treat customers, I want nothing to do with them. Call it principle, if you will.
Trust me, their customer service towards the custom work they state they do well "Sucks".

My work over two decades, mandates correct syntax when it's part of any proof of statement. Posting here is public, and part of record.

Garrity will take a loss on his inventory of JE pistons made for Nikasil bores. Weird that I got the first batch......951 curse? LOL

George
Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by George D

Trust me, their customer service towards the custom work they state they do well "Sucks".

My work over two decades, mandates correct syntax when it's part of any proof of statement. Posting here is public, and part of record.

Garrity will take a loss on his inventory of JE pistons made for Nikasil bores. Weird that I got the first batch......951 curse? LOL

George
No, it has always been, while they ridicule us, they wait for us to break new ground for them to then copy, call their idea, and bash us for "wanting to have a real Porsche so bad we tried to copy them"...

Stupid tail draggers!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:31 AM
porschemeyery
2nd Gear

Hello
my exeperience of wössner pistons in a 3 L turbo 8 V race engine is quiet bad (alusil 944 s2 stock block). I had a motor failure after only some races.
I repare it with Mahle hertitage pistons (more expensive) but relaibale untill now)

Sure the oil thing from teh 968 would be a great help and is somthing i would absolutely put in if i had to rework again such a engine
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 AM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by porschemeyery
Hello
my exeperience of wössner pistons in a 3 L turbo 8 V race engine is quiet bad (alusil 944 s2 stock block). I had a motor failure after only some races.
I repare it with Mahle hertitage pistons (more expensive) but relaibale untill now)

Sure the oil thing from teh 968 would be a great help and is somthing i would absolutely put in if i had to rework again such a engine
What was the failure mode?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 AM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

What was the failure mode?
I would like to know also as I run Wosnser pistons in my 3L 8V for a couple of years now, albeit street only, with no issues.

Quick Reply: Mahle, Arias, Woessner or JE pistons best?