Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Innovate LM-2 Data logging experience?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Innovate LM-2 Data logging experience?

Has anyone used the LM-2 to data log RPM and AFM voltage?

What can be practically logged with the LM-2 for the 944 - timing?

I will be using an Ostrich and TunerPro for tuning, but don't want to go to the additional expense of an interface from Tunerpro like the Autoprom.

If I can correlate the AFR against RPM and load while this will make refining the fuel maps much easier.

Can boost be logged if a map sensor is used (for tuning only)?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2011, 01:20 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth, I've asked for feedback on Innovate stuff here a couple of times and never got much feedback. Seems like most of the guys here (at least the ones that will talk about it) are running Zeitronix. You might ask the same questions about Z if you are willing to consider that as an option.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:07 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got an LM-2 in my 951 and so far I like it. I'm logging Afr, rpm, boost and tps. I want to log knock also since it produces a 5v signal when knock is detected. Its great for logging, the program is quite powerfull itself like you can show your logs in line graphs (standard) dot plots, x y charts. You can play back your log by looking at custom gauges to see boost vs rpm with afrs. Later when I'm on my laptop ill look at one of my logs printscreen some things or can email you a log so you can have a look yourself. Program is freeware.
What else is great is that on the handheld you can playback logs also and view 4 different inputs at once. Except for rpm and afr they only show volts or % which isn't so good.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Also I don't think you can log timing (which would be great of you could). Anything with a 5v signal can be logged.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:00 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Thanks.

So the AFM could be logged and (roughly) related to the load value for the RMP vs Load vs fuel PT maps?

Has anyone tried logging AFM voltage? I know there are adjustments to this value in the code, but it will probably be close enough to see a pattern. It is not really worth logging TPS in the S2 as it is either PT or WOT - no variance like the turbo TPS.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Paulyy
I've got an LM-2 in my 951 and so far I like it. I'm logging Afr, rpm, boost and tps. I want to log knock also since it produces a 5v signal when knock is detected. Its great for logging, the program is quite powerfull itself like you can show your logs in line graphs (standard) dot plots, x y charts. You can play back your log by looking at custom gauges to see boost vs rpm with afrs. Later when I'm on my laptop ill look at one of my logs printscreen some things or can email you a log so you can have a look yourself. Program is freeware.
What else is great is that on the handheld you can playback logs also and view 4 different inputs at once. Except for rpm and afr they only show volts or % which isn't so good.
So the LM-2 has inbuilt memory to record/log for later playback.

Does the Zeitronix require a PC to be connected at all times for logging? It is not clear on their site.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eric_Oz_S2
Thanks.

So the AFM could be logged and (roughly) related to the load value for the RMP vs Load vs fuel PT maps?
not clear on their site.
yes,

Thanks.
Has anyone tried logging AFM voltage? I know there are adjustments to this value in the code, but it will probably be close enough to see a pattern. It is not really worth logging TPS in the S2 as it is either PT or WOT - no variance like the turbo TPS.
yes, that's possible. it's a 5v signal.

So the LM-2 has inbuilt memory to record/log
yes, it has an SD card. You can play back your log on the LM-2(but its limited to V or % e.g if you want to see your MAP sensor it will show how many volts and not your KPA) or you can also remove the sd card into your laptop then also view the log.

Thanks.
Does the Zeitronix require a PC to be connected at all times for logging? It is not clear on their site.
i think so, i havnt seen anywhere you can press record or anything.

if you want to look for yourself i'll send you the program and a log file

Here's some print screens on what you can do.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:14 PM
midnight_man
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Can you help me with my problem with LM-2?

When I turned it on it shows W_XX (numbers) ..but then it stops on 68, or 90 and freeze. (one time I had 99)
Whe I tried start calibration....nothing happes, simply shows screen with W99 and staying.

(manual says that you have to wait for stable value and then go menu and start calibrate).
Its not working...

Other values like analog in, OBD values and etc...works OK.

I have another innovate AFR (LC-1) and lambda sensor is good, in LC-1 it heats for 5 second and then its measuring AFR.

Thank you very much for help.

Viktor
Old 08-09-2015, 02:23 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by midnight_man
Hi,

Can you help me with my problem with LM-2?

When I turned it on it shows W_XX (numbers) ..but then it stops on 68, or 90 and freeze. (one time I had 99)
Whe I tried start calibration....nothing happes, simply shows screen with W99 and staying.

(manual says that you have to wait for stable value and then go menu and start calibrate).
Its not working...

Other values like analog in, OBD values and etc...works OK.

I have another innovate AFR (LC-1) and lambda sensor is good, in LC-1 it heats for 5 second and then its measuring AFR.

Thank you very much for help.

Viktor

What car are you running this on?
This is a 944 turbo section of this forum, Just letting you know if you've found this off google or something.
Also out cars dont use OBD2 (to old) so it's all analogue and you just put the values in on the program.
So this forum may not be much help for you if you're using OBD2.

Quick Reply: Innovate LM-2 Data logging experience?