944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

SFR MAP conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002 | 07:06 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

This is a free (?) world.We can all buy parts from any vendor we like.
What i tried to say is MAF is not "modern" technolgy whatever Huntley,Lindsay or any other company claims.If MAF would be up-to-day technology why most of the car manufactures change to MAP about mid 90's ?

What comes to my opinion about Danno or any other tuner, i just like Danno.I have allways got help from him when i needed it.I really appriciate his opinions and the professional touch he have over 951 issues.If you got help from somebody, it's natural to buy parts from him.Actually i have NOT bought anything from Danno.The only 951 tuner in the States from which i have bought something is Lindsey bros.Why i have not bought anything from Danno so far is only the financial issue.I am waiting what Danno has to offer and as soon as i get enough money i will get the MAP-system from him.What comes to Tim (or what ever i had said about him) i think Tim's products are just superb.He products quality seems to be very good.Would love to buy his new intake manifold.
One more thing about Danno's business.I just prefer their prices.I am "poor" and i just can't afford to buy overpriced products.Because that "poorness" i have allways done all of the maintenance of my own vechiles.Because of that experience (almost 30 years) there might be some "know-how" to help fellow Porsche owners as well
Old 10-10-2002 | 12:40 PM
Pat Kennedy
Instructor

Does anyone remember when Danno used to sign off all his posts with "unemployed beach bum"?

How times have changed.
Old 10-10-2002 | 02:35 PM
AMW
Intermediate

Patrick, that was a long time ago huh?!! LOL I do remember that :-)

Take Care!
Old 10-10-2002 | 03:11 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

danno dose your map kit adjust for every gear
or is it a slave to fourth gear.
Old 10-10-2002 | 03:54 PM
tecart
Pro

How about a exchange program where we could send in our maf kit for a map kit plus some bucks???? than you could resell the kits with your j-pipe conversion and chips? if that is in the plans count me in... but i do love the performance of my maf#4 but it still has bad idles depending on if its cold or warm outside i have to keep adjusting the low mixture on the arc2 to compensate for the temperature, believe danno this is an issue and im ready for a change, low idles or high idles depending on weather, and clutch shifts with dropping below 700 rpm of idle are the bad sides to my maf, id like to never turn the arc2 again and worry about stumbles, danno helped me to get it to work about 85% perfect but i bet a map kit would get me to 100%, any future plans for an exchange proggie????
Old 10-10-2002 | 05:47 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't know about an exchange program, but my stage 4 MAF will be going on ebay as soon as Danno is done with my MAP.
Old 10-10-2002 | 07:20 PM
Dave Sims
Intermediate

Smile

>>In the next month, we'll be offering two new products that will completely blow you away !!!<<

So you're going to offer a VATN Turbo for $500
Old 10-10-2002 | 07:54 PM
951carter
Racer

But I'm not sure where the data is to arrive at that 99% number.
<snip>

Actually, That is hard data that was derived from tracking the installation of EVERY MAF kit sold over the last 3 years.

Either that or a 1/2 drunk guy talking out of his a$$.........................hehe

Danno,
Looking at the # of posts at the bottom of your reply, I wonder if you take your keyboard with you everywhere you go
Old 10-10-2002 | 10:43 PM
Pat Kennedy
Instructor

I'd be more inclined to agree with a TOTALLY drunk guy with his head up his rectum.

Rectum?...Damn near KILLED 'em!

Sorry, couldn't pass that up.
Old 10-11-2002 | 12:41 AM
TurboTim
Banned

I wanted to add my two cents. I appreciate all your comments. I never want anything to leave our shop unless I am satisified that it is top notch. I always make customer service our number one priority. I think that is why we have done so well and I know that we will continue to do well(as long as we keep doing what we are doing).

I also want to say that Danno is a great guy. He is smart, knowledgable and can do a million and one things(well I lost count at 877,671.....LOL). I am sure he runs his new business exactly like I do and that is...... giving it everything you've got! I also want to wish Danno the best of luck. I think it would be cool if we could work together on a few things.
Old 10-11-2002 | 02:11 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tim's customer support is great as I have been working with him over the past months with the new engine build.

I see a cool intake Manifold in my future
Old 10-11-2002 | 10:16 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

$900 turns my 140k mile 86 951 into a sub 5 sec 0-60, 13.0 sec 1/4 mile car? Is this for real?

Eugene
Old 10-11-2002 | 11:21 AM
Dwayne Williams
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wonder how many MAF kit owners will be going this route?

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1867842694" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1867842694</a>
Old 10-11-2002 | 11:32 PM
Paul Bloomberg
Pro

: )
Paul
Old 10-14-2002 | 11:47 PM
Huntley Racing
Racer

I think that what the general list doesn’t quite understand is that we are not really comparing apples to apples here. I don’t think Danno will refute this.... Our NEW MAF and MAP kits use almost identical hardware, which is fully digital. The OLD MAF systems used an analog system. The BIGGEST difference between the old and new is that fact alone. If we then compare only the difference between the digital MAF and digital MAP we see that each has its strengths and weaknesses. My earlier post was bringing those to the surface. Huntley Racing is in the unique position of offering BOTH alternatives to suit the individual user. Those that offer only ONE option will likely differ in their opinion as of the issue but just like we offer street suspension vs. track suspension we offer a more street able injection upgrade vs. a more track orientated one. We are also within days of releasing a fully bolt-on pre-wired stand alone EFI system! This will have all the proper connectors pre-assembled to plug in just as stock would with all the stock sensors being retained as necessary with options like individual coils per cylinder, full laptop and handheld programming control, closed loop O2, closed loop knock sensing, wide band O2, MAP or MAF air metering, integral boost control. Also we are offering our racer customers fully Integratable digital dash, track mapping, dual accelerometers, sequential shift lights, any number of sensor inputs including but not limited to: throttle position, tire temps, steering position, brake position, clutch position, EGT, CHT, O2, EGT (1+), brake temps, driver feedback, etc. It can do telemetry, also integratable traction control etc... These are things we are bringing out which make the MAF/MAP thing sort of second burner for us. There is still a place for them but there is more going on now than what you read in these lists. Here is a pic of the Dash..

Quick Reply: SFR MAP conversion