Car Wash Knockeded Out the Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Check at the end of the fuel rail, where the U shaped hose is attached. I've never had an injector issue, so check Clarks-garage for info and ask these guys.

I still do not believe this guy is for real and someone is having a real good time BUT the standard manual fuel pressure tester will not fit on the end bolt of the fuel rail. You need an thread adapter.

Like this:
http://www.9xauto.com/pressure.html
http://www.pauertuning.com/index_fil...ssuregauge.htm

Last edited by Bri Bro; 05-16-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Does your car have a factory alarm?
Old 05-14-2011, 05:53 PM
ali4
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No alarm unit was found under the passenger side carpet. Only a dme and klr.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:01 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it has spark it would not be tge alarm anyway just an FYI
Old 05-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

Is there fuel in the tank?

This has probably been covered, but I'm unwilling to go back thru 10 pages of posts...

Brian, thats a possibility, but I think the OP is real. I have a really long PM that leads me to believe it. Either way, someone in the future will find this thread and possible get a particle of help from it.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:55 AM
ali4
Rennlist Member

...Another ''helpful'' post by you Tedro your on a roll ... next time go thru the 10 pages or don't post your useless comments... and by that I mean Yes I do have fuel.

Same goes for you Brian Bro I'm sure you don't have much fun in your life but but mine consists of more than making fake posts on rennlist...lol what an idiotic comment you made I'm shocked no one has called you out before. Funny to see the two of you have a level of arrogance to yourselves because you drive a $5000 car..oops I mean a $5000 PORSCHE!

Anyways back to responding to the helpful people in here. Ehall I just got my new DME relay ill put it in tomorrow. I'll also take a look for spark in the other plugs. When the new DME is in should the Fuel pump turn on when the key is in AC? I never paid attention to this before, or does the FP turn on only once the car is cranking? Lastly would a bad fpr cause the car to not start and just crank like mine is doing?
Old 05-16-2011, 05:11 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

First of all Brian is one of the very most knowledgeable guys on this board and just sent me a perfect radiator ..., FOR FREE...NOT EVEN SHIPPING!
So, you'd do well to retract your statements about him.
I also happen to know that Tedro is a top notch guy, as well. Don't start ****ting where you eat! You're going to really need these guys in the future!

So, you have, against my advise, already moved to fuel.
So far here's what I know. You have enough cranking amps to fire the starter solenoid, which in turn is firing the starter, which in turn is turning your flywheel. You have spark in one cylinder.
You have no idea if your DME relay was bad, as you haven't tried it yet. You have no Idea if your ignition coil is stepping up enough amps/volts to make a hot enough spark. You have not traced your speed and reference sensors to ensure that they are set to spec and that there are no crispy old wire frays, which is VERY COMMON. You have no idea if your injector leads are good. You have no idea if your DME is totally shot, having been submerged in WATER!

Seriously bro, we're trying to help you. If you jump to fuel, even one more time, I'm outta this. PAY ATTENTION!
You MUST ensure that you do not first have an electrical issue (Why did the battery go bad?) before moving on to fuel. My list of electrical was just off the cuff, after being at the Player's Championship all day and drinking about 10 litres of various forms of poison.

Stay on track and calm down. You are now at a point where patience is the key to success. Take a BIG deep breath and SLOW DOWN! mentally.

Nothing is blowing up and your troops ain't under fire. ****ing relax!

1. We have a good battery.
2. The car cranks, but won't turn over/start the engine.
3. We have some measure of spark at one plug.
4.? Do we have spark at all plugs?
5. If not,. why?
6. If so, why won't it start?

Answer those for us and we'll move forward. We'll be happy to help with the last one.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:16 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If that came off a bit tough, it's because I'm an old Marine and those guys are pillars of our community and have been for years. They EARNED IT!
Don't take it personally. We all want to help you get your car on the road. Honestly, we all really do. Hang in there. You're at the point that turns car BOYS into MEN. Stay with us and keep the faith. We'll get through this as a team.
Semper Fi!
E
Old 05-16-2011, 05:28 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

One more thing. I didn't answer your questions about the FPR, because we aren't there yet. However, if we WERE, I would defer my my tech advice to Brian. He SERIOUSLY knows his ****. You want to be his friend. Fix it!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

Relax, indeed. This is a community of good guys that share ideas, tips, camaraderie, and even humor. I didn't mean to offend you by asking about fuel. You said a friend cranked the car and you got a very small amount coming out of the fuel rail, and wasn't under pressure. This may not be your only problem, but you said the pump was running. There should be fuel on the wall of your garage in that situation.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:15 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ali4
...Another ''helpful'' post by you Tedro your on a roll ... next time go thru the 10 pages or don't post your useless comments... and by that I mean Yes I do have fuel.

Same goes for you Brian Bro I'm sure you don't have much fun in your life but but mine consists of more than making fake posts on rennlist...lol what an idiotic comment you made I'm shocked no one has called you out before. Funny to see the two of you have a level of arrogance to yourselves because you drive a $5000 car..oops I mean a $5000 PORSCHE!

Anyways back to responding to the helpful people in here. Ehall I just got my new DME relay ill put it in tomorrow. I'll also take a look for spark in the other plugs. When the new DME is in should the Fuel pump turn on when the key is in AC? I never paid attention to this before, or does the FP turn on only once the car is cranking? Lastly would a bad fpr cause the car to not start and just crank like mine is doing?
Didn't your mommy ever teach you not to bite the hand that feeds you.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:50 AM
ali4
Rennlist Member

Here is an update:

I checked for spark at all plugs/wires and I have spark everywhere.
I pulled the DME out and checked the resistance at pins 8 & 27 for the RPM Sensor, and got a reading of 1000ohms.
I checked the resistance at pins 25 & 26 for the TDC sensor and got 1000ohms.
I used a known good DME i got from a friend and plugged it in and the car cranked with no start (same as it did with my DME).
I checked to see if I was getting power to the injectors as well by unplugging the connector and I am getting power to the injectors while cranking.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:19 AM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

The ECU uses an earth to fire the injectors. meaning the injectors should have permanent power with the ignition turned on and the DME computer sends a earth pulse to fire the injector. get yourself a Noid light to check injector pulse
Old 05-19-2011, 02:52 AM
ali4
Rennlist Member

Thanks jet, I checked the injectors today with a node light and they are getting pulse. I also jumped the dme relay today and heard the pump turn on and I can hear fuel flowing to the engine bay, right around where the FPR is but I am not getting much fuel pressure even when I crank. So I gave the FPR a few knocks with a mallet and it still didn't get any pressure.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:05 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Okay, I'm not qualifiued to give you expert advice on fuel, but based on my experience, you have a BIG problem. You have too little compression or a dead assed DME. I'm not sure which, but it ain't a bologna samich!

Quick Reply: Car Wash Knockeded Out the Car