Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Brake bleeding question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had this problem when I bled my brakes as well. Backs bled fine, then the front right just trickled, front left seemed fairly normal by comparison. I have a little slack in my pedal that I assumed was just worn front rotors (pretty sure they might be the originals...) until I saw this thread.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:20 PM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't remember, do you have ABS?
I had an issue with bleeding a while back. Bleeding then cycling the ABS then bleeding again took care of it.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:41 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by badcoupe
or you have a brake hose collapsing internally.
Winner winner chicken dinner

Originally Posted by JDS968
Also try disconnecting the brake line from the caliper, put pressure on the system with the Motive bleeder, see whether the brake line goes "drip drip drip". That should isolate the problem to the caliper, or tell you that the problem is upstream.
Pulled hose from caliper same drip drip, disconnected hose from hardline at body and nice full stream

Originally Posted by mikeyoman
David, which 25mm cylinder were you thinking of using ? I also need to upgrade my master cylinder due to having larger pistons and am not sure what is available.
BMW 750 iL (e32) early 90's

Originally Posted by tconn
Don't remember, do you have ABS?
I had an issue with bleeding a while back. Bleeding then cycling the ABS then bleeding again took care of it.
No ABS

Paragon shipped clutch master and slave today, great service as usual, will order new brake lines from them tomorrow
Old 03-22-2011, 01:00 AM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by David Floyd
Pulled hose from caliper same drip drip, disconnected hose from hardline at body and nice full stream
Gotta love the process of elimination!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:54 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To conclude this thread, new brake lines fixed the drip drip problem, now have full flow. The squirmy dance I was feeling under hard braking is gone, I had thought wheel alignment was the problem, 1 brake doing most of the work was the cause.

Ready for DE at Barber Sunday

Huge thanks to Jason at Paragon Products for delivering all parts in plenty of time for me to install and save the weekend !

Last edited by David Floyd; 03-26-2011 at 02:22 AM. Reason: can't spell
Old 03-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Guess new lines went to the top of my list, nothing scares me more than brake issues. May as well bite the bullet on new rotors for the front as well since they're worn well below tolerance. Gotta love how easy it is to **** away $300 on this cars.

Has anyone ever swapped over to corvette brakes on the 944? $50 disks and you can buy them at Napa, you can find them cheaper online. A set of NEW C5 Z06 calipers are (make sure you're sitting down)... <$400 for all 4 wheels.

Quick Reply: Brake bleeding question