Received 646 Likes on 500 Posts

que interesante
Old 02-22-2011, 05:20 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m73m95
The high impedance injectors I'm using only come in 60# and 80#

Who makes high impedance injectors that big?
Usually higher flowing injectors would be harder to tune when high impedance. Therefore big injectors are usually low impedance, from my understanding.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:31 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 89 Turbo S has the same mods as yours and my Max chip was burned for the 55's. The PO ran it at 18 lbs on 91 octane with out problems. I backed it down to 17 although it did hit 22 at sea level,forgot to readjust for sea level but without incident.

Sooo i'd say yes at least 55lbs but I think you'll need to get the chips reburned for the 55's and the MAF if that was on your list.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I really don't know what I should, or can talk about, simply because Rogue hasn't officially released anything yet.

I will say that I am using the 80# injectors with the stock DME, and tuning is not an issue at all. Infact, my car runs MUCH smoother, at idle and part throttle, with the bigger injectors than it ever did with my stock NA injectors.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:53 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll let rogue chime on why he chose this route and I'm not sure what the supplier is, but I will say his car is probably the smoothest idling/accelerating 944 I've been in.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:51 PM
SteveIX51
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fuel metering algorithm in your DME is programmed based on a specified injector flow rate (along with a specified fuel rail pressure). Replacing old injectors with new injectors is one thing, but you can't simply "upgrade" to higher flow rated injectors for more performance. If your current setup can't handle a certain amount of boost or air flow, you need new chips (and complimentary injectors, whatever those turn out to be), not just bigger injectors period.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:46 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It ain't rocket surgery... I mean come on...
Old 02-23-2011, 08:26 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by TurboTommy
Who makes high impedance injectors that big?
Usually higher flowing injectors would be harder to tune when high impedance. Therefore big injectors are usually low impedance, from my understanding.
Bosch, and many other manufacturers make large high impedance injectors. We are using the newer Bosch 100lb hot pinks. Use whatever impedance your software recommends for your particular set-up. We are using high impedance with stand alone sequential. We were able to get a very good idle. Here is a good write-up:

Impedance

Injector impedance describes the electrical resistance of the solenoid windings. These are usually grouped in two categories:

Low- 1.7 to 3.0 ohms
High- 10 to 16 ohms

There are some exceptions to this, notably the Bosch 803 injector used on the Porsche 944 turbo which is 4.7 ohms. Most manufacturers have used both types at one time or another. The trend lately is to use high impedance types in most production cars. The best way to determine impedance is to put a digital ohmmeter across the two electrical connections and see what it reads. The primary advantage of low impedance injectors is a shorter triggering time. When large injectors are fitted to high output engines, low impedance injectors will often give a better idle quality because of this fact. The primary advantage of high impedance injectors is the fact that less heat is generated in the drive circuit and often no external resistors are used.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 PM
George D
Drifting

Here is a picture of Bosche "hot pinks". Not the best color, but very good injectors.
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by redcarman
I am looking to get some advice on the mods that I am planning to my 87 951. The car already has a LR DP Wastegate, 3.0 FPR, LR MBC, a catless stock exhaust system, and MaxHP chips. I am planning on installing a catless 3" exhaust system and a LR QuadMAf this spring. My question is should I also upgrade the ingectors to #55 or are the stock injectors fine with this setup? Or is this something that I would only need if I upgraded the turbo as well? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Years ago, we used to run the stock injectors to about 330whp using a 3.0 FPR and turning up the fuel pressure to compensate. Not the best solution, but worked well. If you are keeping things under 300whp and your injectors are in good shape, you will be fine.

Injectors are cheap. Once you mod your car to produce over 300whp, you should update your injectors. Whatever software you use will be designed for a particular injector size, impedance, and turbo.

Quick Reply: Should I Upgrade My Stock Injectors???