Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

$12k car...in this market?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:24 AM
turboted
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by choinga
heh, yeah...when you barely put 200 miles a MONTH on your car, your risk is pretty damn low. Mine isn't a DD...I think I'm more at around 4k per year though...have to call Hagerty's I guess...
I think LW has a 5k per year option, too...FYI.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:51 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by choinga
where did you have your car insured - how did you come up with the $15k amount and they went for it? I've got mine insured through State Farm right now but I need to move it somewhere so that I can get it insured for a similar amount...
Talk to a different agent. I think they insured mine for abotu $13K. They have some book value. I've got a Porsche Excellence magazine that has some values, as well. I was trying to undervalue it significantly, but my agent pushed it up, and that was before I factored in all of my suspension stuff (basically full Racer's Edge, Leda's, M030).
Old 02-01-2011, 11:32 AM
quinnfiske
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were me, I would sell the DD first. You may not be doing a lot of driving anyway. A regular car might be easier to sell, probably does not have the emotionable component and can be easily replaced when you get a job. That way you can keep your car. Just my .02

Quick Reply: $12k car...in this market?