400hp944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent....
Old 12-16-2010, 02:37 PM
turboted
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Belts/rollers were done 2k miles ago. Tires have 50% tread left, pads are practically brand new. Clutch was replaced about 7k ago. I have service records for some repairs, but mostly just receipts for parts, as I do most of the work myself. My binder is overflowing with paperwork...plenty of documentation to support the condition of the car.

There is a very small crack in the windshield, but I'll have the insurance company replace that prior to selling the car (per FL law). Also, the A/C is not blowing cold at the moment, I hope it just requires a recharge. No dash cracks. Interior is near perfect with exception of minor wear on front driver's seat where my *** rubs when I get in the car.

Here are a few recent pics, including engine bay shot. As you can see, the car sits pretty low with the new suspension, but it's tastefully done. My next project was going to be swapping larger t-bars in the rear. Sorry, no current pics of suspension components, but will snap a few for interested buyers.

Still undecided on whether or not to sell, but if I can realistically get $12k for it, I might have to. It will also depend on how quickly I can find a new job. If anybody is seeking experienced sales managers (w/ business startup experience) in Tampa area, please let me know.

Thanks for all the feedback.
Attached Images      
Old 12-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Adam Poland
Racer

So pretty...... good luck with the job hunt, sorry to hear that. Good luck with the sale! I'd pay $12k for it if I was in the position to do so.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:03 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I would say it is worth every penny of 11k to 12k. Sorry you have to sell her. Good luck with the sale though.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:02 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You should get at least that much for it if not more. Very clean looking car. GLWTS.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:21 AM
schelerc
5th Gear

Hi, I was wondering if your car was still for sale? I am looking at a couple of cars on rennlist and was wondering if i could get some more pictures of your car? If you could send the pictures to my email that would be great, and tell me any problems with the car.

Thanks
Joseph
joecscheler@gmail.com
Old 01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
turboted
Racer

Originally Posted by schelerc
Hi, I was wondering if your car was still for sale? I am looking at a couple of cars on rennlist and was wondering if i could get some more pictures of your car? If you could send the pictures to my email that would be great, and tell me any problems with the car.

Thanks
Joseph
joecscheler@gmail.com
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=51048

Old 01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now if that car was in aus it would go for 25k more

Good luck with the sale mate!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:47 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Front lip/splitter and steering wheel. Where did you source them?

Good luck! It is a beautiful example of a 951.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:09 AM
turboted
Racer

Originally Posted by toddk911
Front lip/splitter and steering wheel. Where did you source them?

Good luck! It is a beautiful example of a 951.
Front splitter is an AIR piece...you can source from their website at www.americaninternationalracing.com. Steering wheel is from a 930 turbo, but was installed at the time of purchase, so I don't know where to source it.

Thanks. It will be beautiful again soon...once the insurance company and body shop get on the ball!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 AM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where did you have your car insured - how did you come up with the $15k amount and they went for it? I've got mine insured through State Farm right now but I need to move it somewhere so that I can get it insured for a similar amount...
Old 01-31-2011, 10:27 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by turboted
Front splitter is an AIR piece...you can source from their website at www.americaninternationalracing.com. Steering wheel is from a 930 turbo, but was installed at the time of purchase, so I don't know where to source it.

Thanks. It will be beautiful again soon...once the insurance company and body shop get on the ball!
Oh crap. Didn't realize yours was that one. Still going to have to sell after insurance is done?

Jeesh, if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:49 AM
turboted
Racer

Originally Posted by choinga
where did you have your car insured - how did you come up with the $15k amount and they went for it? I've got mine insured through State Farm right now but I need to move it somewhere so that I can get it insured for a similar amount...
I have a collector car policy through Leland West Insurance, a small company out of Modesto. Think of them as a smaller Hagerty. You can claim the value of your car at whatever you feel its worth, and they adjust your premiums accordingly. The catch is you can only drive up to a max # of miles per year (2,500 I think), so they won't insure your car if its your daily driver. You'll be surprised by how reasonably priced their policies are.

Originally Posted by toddk911
Oh crap. Didn't realize yours was that one. Still going to have to sell after insurance is done?

Jeesh, if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any.
It's been a rough few months, for sure. But I consider myself very lucky. I didn't hurt myself or anybody else when I wrecked it, and I had the foresight to purchase and maintain a good insurance policy. Could have been much worse in many ways. Sometimes life throws curve *****, but you still got to catch them. Character is only proven through adversity, and I've had several recent opportunities to test that theory.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turboted
I have a collector car policy through Leland West Insurance, a small company out of Modesto. Think of them as a smaller Hagerty. You can claim the value of your car at whatever you feel its worth, and they adjust your premiums accordingly. The catch is you can only drive up to a max # of miles per year (2,500 I think), so they won't insure your car if its your daily driver. You'll be surprised by how reasonably priced their policies are.
that seems pretty good! i've probably driven around 1000 miles this year and my car is a DD

the only thing i wont say is my odometer dosn't work
Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 AM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heh, yeah...when you barely put 200 miles a MONTH on your car, your risk is pretty damn low. Mine isn't a DD...I think I'm more at around 4k per year though...have to call Hagerty's I guess...

Quick Reply: $12k car...in this market?