Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

(UPDATE...pull was in third gear) Dyno Heartbreaker today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 02:03 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 350 Posts

Hmmm, LS1 = solid 300+ rwhp.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:23 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TonyG
The problem I have is how late the turbine spools that turbo. The turbine looks to be way too big.
I think you are right. If I read correctly, he is using a Lindsey Super 53 which, if I read correctly, uses a 53#/min capable impeller and a ZStage V turbine. That is freakin' enormous for a relatively stock car. And with the tendency of folks to use T04E wheels, it probably is one designed to run higher boost levels, meaning the wheel will be thicker and heavier than one designed to run at around 15 PSI. Just speculating at all of that, but I am with you on the size of it. Shoot, I was making close to that kind of power level with a stock T3 (60 trim, Stage I wheel) on my old 2.3 Ford. I had a LOT of the ancillaries that do not appear to be present here, but it was a MUCH smaller turbo.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:43 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
Hmmm, LS1 = solid 300+ rwhp.
funny doc...I'm chuckling cause I recall you wanting more from your car after your dyno run! I've enjoyed watching your build through the forum!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:48 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for everyone's input...I am happy with the power and see there is an issue or two that needs to be sorted so the car will spool quicker. I think it's the car and not the turbo, it'll get there!

I'm going to close the thread now.

BTW, I feel the shop did what they said they would do. My response to them this morning:

>>
I appreciate the courtesy of your response. I also agree that you did what I asked for at a very reasonable cost. The third gear sample is clearly acceptable and the car performed almost exactly as I expected. I would have been perfectly content standing outside the shop bay simply watching the car being strapped down. Please know that I would have appreciated a little more communication before and during the process. Forgive me for my enthusiasm.

If you could please adjust the graph values as discussed and forward to me I would appreciate it.
>>

Quick Reply: (UPDATE...pull was in third gear) Dyno Heartbreaker today!