Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Mobil-1 Oil

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:30 AM
beentherebaby
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
My friend, you made the correct decision in the last post when you said..."I'm out oif this."

lol. I would have thought you'd known better!
Did you know that religious wars have killed more people than all other wars combined?
Old 08-11-2010, 03:36 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I had other P-cars before and if the engine was not rebuilt with new seals, bearings etc., it is better to use regular, non-synthetic type of oil for the main reason that synthetic oil flows better and will get into the seals and such. So if you have older engines that is already leaking or using up oil between oil changes, it is not advisable to use synthetic for this reason as the leaks or oil consumption will be worsen. If you have a new engine then after the first regular oil change using normal oil, it is a good idea to use synthetic for the remainder of its service. Synthetic oil by design offers better protection with regards to wear and tear, and heat dissipation ability for rotating components and especially under heavy load- the engine can go further between oil change while offers better wear protection. Just rambling here but I hope this make sense.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:12 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beentherebaby
Did you know that religious wars have killed more people than all other wars combined?
WTF does that have to do with anything?
Old 08-11-2010, 05:02 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can just imagine oil engineers from various oil companies laughing their heads off if they were reading the multitude of oil threads from all the car forums running on the internet.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:13 PM
beentherebaby
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
WTF does that have to do with anything?
oil = religion for many.

Originally Posted by TurboTommy
I can just imagine oil engineers from various oil companies laughing their heads off if they were reading the multitude of oil threads from all the car forums running on the internet.

Ya think?

Quick Reply: Mobil-1 Oil