Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Pics of latest project car - another Pinky!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
theporscheguy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like fun if you can get it running correctly.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Damn... ... Makes me more motivated to keep mine in the condition it's in. So sad to see how these cars end up. I'd say clean it up and find a set of seats to install, then sell it as a running car.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:03 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 87944turbo
Alot of weirdness going on there, engine is suprisingly clean though, I'm jealous.
Originally Posted by Josh B
It has a redone 86 block and turbo in it.
Another abused Silverrose in salvageable condition. Ignore the vultures. Definitely worth resurrecting!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by black944 turbo
Hey Josh, what maf kit and chip is in it?
It is an early Lindsey MAF with a 28pin DME chip/ 75lb injectors and an adjustable FPR.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:43 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Another abused Silverrose in salvageable condition. Ignore the vultures. Definitely worth resurrecting!
With a 86 motor, and 26-6 turbo....

WOW Josh... this thing is a reall basket case...

How long before we all get to see it on the track?

A silver rose with an 86 motor, is a late car, early motor, with hodgepodge interior... Double check the LSD... at least you got the 88S block with the car right?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
With a 86 motor, and 26-6 turbo....

WOW Josh... this thing is a reall basket case...

How long before we all get to see it on the track?

A silver rose with an 86 motor, is a late car, early motor, with hodgepodge interior... Double check the LSD... at least you got the 88S block with the car right?
I wish - bores were shot in the S block so it was a boat anchor. Would have just ended up damaging stuff in the interior if I had persuaded the PO to load it in there.

Just finished up a DE out at Road Atlanta in my 87. She made it all the way through this time - was a lot of fun but certainly not a cheap weekend. Dadgum number stickers removed some of the paint on my car - sick about that

I can't afford a dedicated track car yet - maybe sometime in the future although I understand my small fry only gets more expensive as he grows up
Old 04-26-2010, 05:00 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

I wish - bores were shot in the S block so it was a boat anchor. Would have just ended up damaging stuff in the interior if I had persuaded the PO to load it in there.

Just finished up a DE out at Road Atlanta in my 87. She made it all the way through this time - was a lot of fun but certainly not a cheap weekend. Dadgum number stickers removed some of the paint on my car - sick about that

I can't afford a dedicated track car yet - maybe sometime in the future although I understand my small fry only gets more expensive as he grows up
OMG.. so you have a silver rose 88 without the most important part....

BUT it can still be a fun car...

PAINT CAME OFF? WTF? u been using MAACO or a roller???????

at least the car made it through the weekend with only some missing paint right??

What are the plans for this s???
Old 04-26-2010, 05:01 PM
IMB951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Josh,

Good to hear you made it through the weekend! Dad was up there instructing a student with a PDK 987 Spyder and I'm really glad Sunday was nice for you guys. I wish I could have made it out there Saturday but the rain unfortunately persisted!

Looks like my 951 will be on the road again this weekend but without an official fix for the blue smoke after lifting on boost. I'm planning on turning my MBC down a notch or two from 15psi, emptying the catch can, and driving it around a bit to see if the reduced richness can help the issue without a professional dyno tune.

Best of luck to you with your new project! Looks like it could be a sweet car if it responds nicely to your fixes.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:06 PM
LS1Porch
Burning Brakes

Looks like a great car, for the price! Who cares about the motor, the Turbo S motor/head wasn't really much better anyways.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:06 PM
67King
Race Car

Ug, that sucks about your paint. Was it limited to the door(s), or did you get another part of the car, too?

The reason I think this would be a good track car is that it has a lot of the (suspension) goods that will get you through a few classes. In other words, it is a low investment car. The only internal difference of which I know on the engines are the sodium filled exhaust valves, so who cares? That the car is so rough means you won't have to worry about tearing anything up, meaning you can drive harder.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:09 PM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by IMB951
Dad was up there instructing a student with a PDK 987 Spyder and I'm really glad Sunday was nice for you guys. I wish I could have made it out there Saturday but the rain unfortunately persisted!
Does your father race a black S2, maybe number 77? I'm guessing here that IMB might be your initials, and your father's are DB. If so, he and my father-in-law (who was instructing a guy in a 993 C4S) are friends, and race together (red turbo, #139).

I had a blast on Sunday. Tried to take some pictures of Josh's car, but apparently I'm a lousy photographer.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:18 PM
IMB951
Drifting

Originally Posted by 67King
Does your father race a black S2, maybe number 77? I'm guessing here that IMB might be your initials, and your father's are DB. If so, he and my father-in-law (who was instructing a guy in a 993 C4S) are friends, and race together (red turbo, #139).

I had a blast on Sunday. Tried to take some pictures of Josh's car, but apparently I'm a lousy photographer.
Yep, you got it right!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

No - lousy camera although I have first hand knowledge of Tech grads not being that "techie." Something about being confused about brake caliper bleeding??
Old 04-26-2010, 10:10 PM
67King
Race Car

No - lousy camera although I have first hand knowledge of Tech grads not being that "techie." Something about being confused about brake caliper bleeding??
Yes, I was confused by the presence of an unnecessary part. They teach us to be efficient, you know.

Besides, I think you need to learn to keep up with Cayennes driven by soccer moms and Volvos before you talk too much trash.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, I was confused by the presence of an unnecessary part. They teach us to be efficient, you know.

Besides, I think you need to learn to keep up with Cayennes driven by soccer moms and Volvos before you talk too much trash.
Baby steps - my short block held together this time at least

Quick Reply: Pics of latest project car - another Pinky!