Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Innovate LM-2

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innovate LM-2

Its taken everything I have to avoid the mod bug. Russells chips, 3bar, cat bypass are installed, and a wastegate in a few months are all I PLAN on doing for power, so help me God.

With those changes alone, I'm curious about what my AFRs will do. The LM-2 is what I'm thinking. I've read all I can on here about LC-1, LM-1, Zeit, etc, but dont see anyone using the new one.

Stop me, please
Old 01-12-2010, 04:07 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to start a very similar thread.... so maybe I can jump on this one?

I've found a lot of WBO2 information, but nothing that really identifies which the best one to use on our cars...

Which Wideband is most popular, and why?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 PM
951Saga
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Me Too Tedro

Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Honestly you can't go wrong with any of them, just think about what features you want and find one with it.
I personally use the AEM one, they are very widely used among all car make and models. The o2 sensors are reasonably priced for replacement (and you WILL have to replace them all eventually) and it has 2 outputs, an analog 0-5v and a serial 0-1v. This enables you to send the WB O2 output to whatever you have to output it to, like a piggy back controller, or what have you. Also the gauge can be switched to read out lambda and has replaceable faces for color and for AFR/lambda. This means if you switch to e85 you can just use the lambda to monitor your AFR's since lambda is the actual readout from the O2 sensor, and the AFR is calculated using that and assuming you're using gasoline on most O2 sensors.

They are also very reasonably priced and simple to install since the gauge and controller are all in one.
That's just my take on it, however. I do recommend if you're going to have one, to at least have a read out somewhere easily read while driving.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:54 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use PLX right now, but I also like Zeitronix. Zeitronix does more than just Wideband, so its a very good starter unit.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:53 PM
spyder348
Pro

its a matter of what you want i got the lm-1 so i could box the gauge in on my laptop on the tunerpro software screen. pretty sad they are all just a shi**y v dub 02. at least most of them are. lm-1 new on ebay runs 220 shipped thats software sensor bung(lol) plenty of wiring module display box.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I've got to bring this thread back up... is there really NO feedback on RL from LM-2 owners? I've got a an AEM UEGO to install, but I'm thinking about selling it (NIB) and going with an LM-2 instead. Seems like it does quite a bit more, plus logs for future playback... Opinions? Is it any good?
Old 05-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got an LM-2 installed with mine. good unit, good display. I've got mine hooked up to my rpm, boost & tps. i used the tach sig from the motronic unit but it didn't want to read anything past 5000 rpm so i've used another signal from the fues box but havn't tested it yet.

so far the Pros and cons are:
Pros:
will show up to 4 signals on display,
show a line graph of any signal you choose
record and play back data logs on the hand controller
stores data logs on a SD card that will go straight into your laptop and viewed on the program that comes with it.
expandable to a LMA-3 (auxbox) with more signal inputs, havnt read much about that. not sure how it will display it on the LM-2 though.

Cons:
screen displays "rpm" "afr" but for the other 4 5v inputs only displays "0-5v" or "0-100%"

thats all i can think of.

I like it, easy to use. i placed mine on the wind screen, i made my own holder for it but recomend to but the holder that innovate sell.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:34 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Paulyy!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:13 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Zetronix for me data logging and a lot of inputs and it can display, pressure sensors ,egt and air temps among other things.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by schip43
Zetronix for me data logging and a lot of inputs and it can display, pressure sensors ,egt and air temps among other things.
I was about to buy one of them with the LCD display, but the LM-2 for me was much more simple but more advance and expandable

Oh and i forgot to add, when you view the data logging on your laptop because it only shows 0-5v on the LM-2 you can change what it says on the computer,

and it also has two 0-5v outputs for a afr (narrow or wide band) output to talk to the computer so it knows what' going on or you can trick it by making it think its running lean to richen up the mixture, depends how advance you want to go with it.

Here's a quick image from a data log run i first installed it with only AFR, RPM & Boost inputs where i had to configure the input to data, which is easy if you buy an MAP sensor it should come with a data sheet where 0.01v = x and 5v= x

Old 05-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

I'm waiting on the MAF I swore I'd never buy!

It's looking like the innovate MTX for me though.

Quick Reply: Innovate LM-2