Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Which of these hoses goes to the cycling valve?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:29 PM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah - good catch Jon...he is correct...if you do the delete you need to run a seperate hose from the AOS to the j-pipe (or in our case the MAF pipe).

Here's my thread with pics from my engine bay after I removed the CV/pipes and ran a hose from the AOS to Catch Can to MAF.

https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...ll-w-pics.html
Old 10-11-2009, 11:37 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

choinga what turbo are you running? I notice you're using 83# injectors but don't see a turbo listed. I'm unsure how much psi I can run with stock injectors (I know it's not an exact science)
Old 10-12-2009, 11:03 AM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

I'm still running the stock turbo...only reason I have the massive injectors is because that's what John @ Vitesse has his chip mapped for and when I bought his MAF, the injectors came with.

They run awesome though - smooth idle, my AFR (after a re-flash from him after he did some idle tuning to the map) is perfect at 14.7 at idle/cruise.

Eventually, I'll upgrade the turbo (I just figured out mine's leaking oil somewhere...) but right now this thing runs like a scalded cat - I'm pretty happy with it. I can hold 14PSI through 5500RPM.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:23 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by choinga
I'm still running the stock turbo...only reason I have the massive injectors is because that's what John @ Vitesse has his chip mapped for and when I bought his MAF, the injectors came with.

They run awesome though - smooth idle, my AFR (after a re-flash from him after he did some idle tuning to the map) is perfect at 14.7 at idle/cruise.

Eventually, I'll upgrade the turbo (I just figured out mine's leaking oil somewhere...) but right now this thing runs like a scalded cat - I'm pretty happy with it. I can hold 14PSI through 5500RPM.
heh, that's more than i am and i'm using an upgraded turbo
I hope to fix this problem soon =[ then again I need something besides stock injectors before I go too crazy anyhow
Old 10-12-2009, 03:29 PM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

I dunno what PSI the stock injectors can realistically support - I'd say 15-17PSI and then you'd probably want something bigger...not sure you'd need 83#'rs but whatever you do injector wise you need a chip that's mapped to support those.

If you're taking that route - ping John @ Vitesse. He knows his stuff when it comes to tuning/chips and will take care you - awesome customer support.

Yeah, I figure that my turbo is in pretty decent shape. My car was pretty much bone stock and well taken care of (a middle aged woman owned it for the first 65k miles...I got it at 80k) so my guess is that it hadn't been driven all that hard...I don't even really drive it that hard. I get a little oil blow by but I don't think it's any more than to be expected. I put that catch can in and I'll check it out in a few months and see what's in there...my guess is that it won't be much. It's a really nice running engine and I've replaced, rebuilt or removed/cleaned just about everything you can see looking into the bay so hopefully it will be nice to me.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:51 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by choinga
I dunno what PSI the stock injectors can realistically support - I'd say 15-17PSI and then you'd probably want something bigger...not sure you'd need 83#'rs but whatever you do injector wise you need a chip that's mapped to support those.

If you're taking that route - ping John @ Vitesse. He knows his stuff when it comes to tuning/chips and will take care you - awesome customer support.

Yeah, I figure that my turbo is in pretty decent shape. My car was pretty much bone stock and well taken care of (a middle aged woman owned it for the first 65k miles...I got it at 80k) so my guess is that it hadn't been driven all that hard...I don't even really drive it that hard. I get a little oil blow by but I don't think it's any more than to be expected. I put that catch can in and I'll check it out in a few months and see what's in there...my guess is that it won't be much. It's a really nice running engine and I've replaced, rebuilt or removed/cleaned just about everything you can see looking into the bay so hopefully it will be nice to me.
Yeah I would like to get a catch can as I'm pretty sure I'm getting a decent bit of blowby right now.
I don't know why but my car won't go over 11 psi currently no matter what I do with my MBC so I'm going to try and sort that out and see if 14 psi will work out or not. The only thing I'm worried about is if I run 14 psi to redline the injectors might not be able to cope.

Quick Reply: Which of these hoses goes to the cycling valve?