Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saiko Catch-Can Install w/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:34 AM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Saiko Catch-Can Install w/ Pics

Posting for posterity sakes and a few folks asked me to share pics - so here ya go.

Nice quality here - well made. I chose red to match the engine bay but you can get it in several colors including black and silver. It comes with the bracket and I chose to mount mine using the existing piece that holds the stock airbox in place which is no longer there because I have a MAF installed.

There's a drain valve on the bottom and with this setup, it's a matter of loosening a single screw that holds the bracket to the frame, lifting it out of there and opening the drain.

I ordered mine, got an email from them the same day confirming and it shipped out within 5 days. From the sound of the email, it sounds like they custom make these - I don't know that they keep a bunch in stock.

http://www.saikoumichi.com/951_page.htm

Hose from the AOS runs to the top port - hose from the MAF pipe to the bottom port.
Attached Images     

Last edited by choinga; 09-09-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work, I personally like your choice of color and mounting location.....

I stayed with the red theme though for my vacuum lines and couplers...

you know you could order some blue heater hose from LR to match the rest of your tubes...

http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Pors...-S-HEATER.html

they only have it in blue though...
Old 09-09-2009, 11:46 AM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

yeah, that stuff kinks to easily for me. I had a piece going up to my intake from the brake booster and found that under vacuum it was completely closing at a slight bend so I replaced it with some hose I found at a local parts store. Seems like it's great for straight runs but when you have to bend it, it causes problems.

I also had intended to go with red couplers but Lindsey borked my order and sent me regular straight pipes and blue couplers even though I paid for polished pipes and red couplers.

Turns out, I like the contrast better than I thought. I was going to send it all back and make them fix the order, but after playing with it - liked it and ordered the blue vacuum line as well.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 AM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

what does the catch can do?

I'm a turbo-tard, BTW.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by choinga
yeah, that stuff kinks to easily for me. I had a piece going up to my intake from the brake booster and found that under vacuum it was completely closing at a slight bend so I replaced it with some hose I found at a local parts store.

I also had intended to go with red couplers but Lindsey borked my order and sent me regular straight pipes and blue couplers even though I paid for polished pipes and red couplers.
oops... I got my SMCC hose for advanced auto..
Old 09-09-2009, 11:56 AM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by harrisonrick
what does the catch can do?

I'm a turbo-tard, BTW.
pulls oil out to decrease the blow-by you get into the intake manifold. My car runs pretty clean (I recently had the intake off and had a slight amount of oil in the intercooler pipe to the throttle body, as expected) but the catch can helps clean up the air going into the intake so you get a cleaner burn. Have you ever had your intake off? Put a little carb cleaner in there and shake it around and see what comes out.

Last edited by choinga; 09-09-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:42 PM
pjburges
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohh nice, a catch can! Still havent gotten the 16V in the frankenporsche started yet but ver close. No catching of oil for it! - Ive got a long hose on the crankcase vent to dump all that blow-by down underneath the car.

Quick Reply: Saiko Catch-Can Install w/ Pics