Is my trans a 951 trans?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:56 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 656 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill
My Guru chip has a raised redline to 7,000 rpm. I have 335 rwhp (about 390 crank) and can hit the rev limiter in 5th at will. In fact the motor is still pulling.
jesus dude where do you find long enough roads for this
Old 12-10-2009, 12:11 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Alex. Either way your car had a nice transmission in it. It came with a cooled LSD stock, now it has a LSD S2 trans? Definitely not a bad upgrade. Does the S2 transmission have an oil cooler? Few guys would kill for that transmission...
Old 12-10-2009, 02:55 AM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
Damn Alex. Either way your car had a nice transmission in it. It came with a cooled LSD stock, now it has a LSD S2 trans? Definitely not a bad upgrade. Does the S2 transmission have an oil cooler? Few guys would kill for that transmission...

No, the S2 trans doesn't have a cooler...hence why I started wondering if it was the original trans when I read the option sticker and saw that it should have a cooler.
Car has a PCA sticker on it and the previous owner bought it in North Carolina (about a year before I bought it) so I'm going to try and contact someone in that PCA region and see if they maybe recognize the car. Otherwise I know nothing about it besides carfax. PO didn't have any records.
From what carfax told me it was originally a California car, then moved to North Carolina, then the PO moved to Kansas and now it's back to Indiana! It's been all over the country!
Old 12-10-2009, 03:26 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I would say it's had quite the life seeing all of the country. Bummer on no cooler, though. My 951 is LSD without a cooler. I'm happy with the LSD though lol

Definitely dig up some info on the car. Would be curious to know what happened to the turbo LSD trans. It may have been simply a reason most of us would choose (the closer gears of the S2)...then again, you never know. I'm still wishing I can find out what happened to the S2 trans that came out of my S2 and got replaced with a turbo trans. I'd kind of like to have it back on the car... Lol

Quick Reply: Is my trans a 951 trans?