Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

No more mess, I INSTALLED VITESSE!!!!! THANKS JOHN

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:37 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

EDIT/SNIP/ smack talkin' removed. Not the time or the place.

I'd LOVE to see this settled on the dyno at 944Fest. It is up to Travis if the dyno even shows with the lack of guys with the nads to put it on the rack. Costas, if you don't show 100 percent improvement we are running you out of town in a 911. LR set a mark in the 390's with a 2.5. What did Toolie do ( not as an official entrant I may add ) ? Anyone want to put the proof on paper for all to see? Cuz will be there, Tool has bragged of his planned trouncing. Less than 1 month out!

Last edited by 944Fest (aka Dan P); 05-13-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:03 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have had nothing but good things from Lindsey Racing and I will always buy there for what i'm looking for or need to have made. It's like cooking a meal everyone has there way of doing it to get somewhat the same results its just the style that or technique they use to do it and I prefer Lindsey route and I would compare my car to an equally fitted VR for comparison if anyone is up for it!?

HEEEEEY DAN P!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 03:05 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
Well I have had nothing but good things from Lindsey Racing and I will always buy there for what i'm looking for or need to have made. It's like cooking a meal everyone has there way of doing it to get somewhat the same results its just the style that or technique they use to do it and I prefer Lindsey route and I would compare my car to an equally fitted VR for comparison if anyone is up for it!?

HEEEEEY DAN P!!!
I'd put my money on VR in a heartbeat... but that doesn't even take into account all of the safety and easy tuning features that come with VR.

Just a little friendly smack talk...
Old 05-13-2009, 03:11 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

Well I don't like "easy" I don't look for the lazy way outta something!
Smack talk received and set back
Old 05-13-2009, 04:06 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
Well I don't like "easy" I don't look for the lazy way outta something!
Smack talk received and set back
Well, when we get to the track you can spend all the time you want in the pits doing things the "Hard" way.

Of course I can't really speak since my car hasn't been driving in over a year.. but that's not vitesse's fault
Old 05-13-2009, 04:21 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

LOL have you had any roadrage and punches lately Ryan with the rav 4?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Lorax
I'd put my money on VR in a heartbeat... but that doesn't even take into account all of the safety and easy tuning features that come with VR.

Just a little friendly smack talk...
And thats really the deciding factor. My Vitesse setup gives me all sorts of protection and adjustablity still set within safe perameters. The overboost protection, the rev limit, the ecu pulling timing above set conditions, etc. I have multiple maps, I can run E-85 fuel, the list go's on and on. That matched with what I believe to be one hellva performing turbocharger(considering its old tech) and you got a real recipe for success.

John has spent tons and tons of time researching, trial/error to get his products to work just right. His efforts are far more forcussed than Lindey on this one area of our car(where as lindey sells all sorts of parts/equipment) and I think thats the real reason why his stuff is the best in the business if you are keeping the Motronic.

I do afterall have a fully outfitted VR car myself here
Old 05-13-2009, 10:20 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)

I'd LOVE to see this settled on the dyno at 944Fest. It is up to Travis if the dyno even shows with the lack of guys with the nads to put it on the rack. Costas, if you don't show 100 percent improvement we are running you out of town in a 911. LR set a mark in the 390's with a 2.5. What did Toolie do ( not as an official entrant I may add ) ? Anyone want to put the proof on paper for all to see? Cuz will be there, Tool has bragged of his planned trouncing. Less than 1 month out!

Not taking sides there, are you? Before "smack talking", maybe you need to get your story correct. Perhaps you need to find out what Special Tool/Jim or as you call him "Toolie" is actually running!

As far as a challenge, maybe you need to look at this thread MAF What to Expect? A challenge was requested, but no takers!

Dan, thank you for your post. It helped me understand why so many people do not want to go to the Fest! It appears that it's not for the "whole" 944 community, instead it is polarized.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:56 AM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, how much labor is required to get these things in - specifically getting the new turbo in and out is what worries me. I read Clark's write up - seems like at least a full 8 hour day for someone who knows what they are doing? Just trying to get an idea because if I pull the trigger I may have my shop just do it and would like to get a ballpark of what that's going to cost me...
Old 05-13-2009, 11:04 AM
fwb42
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John,Your wrong about the "Fest" being polarized. They even welcome this 66 yr old !! it is a weekend of just fun with no barriers of age,wealth, or car condition. Let the trash talk continue !!!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:16 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

As both a hardcore Vitesse supporter AND a multi year attendee to the "Fest, I'd like to speak for the community on this one. Dan P has graciaously hosted a gathering of 944 enthusiasts to his house, and then to larger facilities once the event grew beyond capacity. He did so out of the kindness of his own heart (and wallet) and I will vouch for Dan's sincerity when he said all watercooled 944's were welcome. I have not seen any bias shown towards any attendee, nor am I personally aware of anyone who felt like they were not welcome there. John, you are a good friend of mine, but from the perspective of an "attendee", I believe you are wrong about the polarization of the event.

Dan, in the last years he hosted the event, started attracting event sponsors, one of which was Lindsey Racing. Dan was running LR equipment on his car the last time I saw it, and he was shooting to break 400rwhp at 22psi on a 90 degree day after running at NL all day. What, if any financial arrangements he had with LR, would be for Dan to disclose, if he wishes. The event has since passed on to Travis to run, and unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it to a 'Fest since he took over, so I can't say what changes may/may not have occurred.

I have no doubt that VR would be/will be well represented at the event, and if anyone chooses to participate in the "put up or shut up" discussions that take place here, I have zero doubt in my mind that VR will perform very well in the comparison if put to the test on the dyno at the 'Fest. The last year I was at the 'Fest, I had finished the VR Stage II install just days before I had to drive the 600+ miles to the event and was running very rich as I hadn't gotten a chance to sort out the car. It still dyno'd at close to 300rwhp at 15psi (I think my best run on the dyno was 297 that day, (I'll see if I can find the sheet). That was also after spending the day on the track. Dan certainly bested me that day, but I wasn't prepared to grenade my engine just to show off.

Ya want to know what I remember about that day? That I had a damn good time hanging out with my friends. I think I can speak for Dan when I say that was the whole point of the 'Fest. There's plenty of room for everyone, atteendees and vendors alike there, and I hope everyone will consider making an appearance.

Regards,
Old 05-13-2009, 11:33 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Scott, I hope I'm wrong about the fest. It's a impression I got after hearing from various people and Dan's post above did not help.

Vitesse was a sponsor of the original 944Fest. Years back, when Vitesse was asked to support the fest, we did!

Back to scheduled programming!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:52 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by fast951
Not taking sides there, are you? Before "smack talking", maybe you need to get your story correct. Perhaps you need to find out what Special Tool/Jim or as you call him "Toolie" is actually running!

Dan, thank you for your post. It helped me understand why so many people do not want to go to the Fest! It appears that it's not for the "whole" 944 community, instead it is polarized.

Woa, Woa Woa there fast951. I said NOTHING about what Tool runs. Where did you read that? You are amazingly uninformed. Taken off the boards.

Thanks Scott. He earned the title as Superman, for flying in (via 944 KS-OH) and tensioning belts just to leave again the same day. Zip in, save the day, zip out. What a guy. (I could do without the zip out part)
Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)

Yeah ! yeah , Shootout ............BS walks ..................................
Old 05-13-2009, 01:26 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Tongue and Cheek comments aside I WILL be at the fest. I have everything new offered from VR minus their badass ignition system, and cam.

Hopefully Jim will be there and can help fine tune my car some but, I would LOVE to be on the dyno(registered already and paid) and see what everyone else brings. I was hoping just to do 16psi and pump fuel but, if Jim is there and willing to help I have no problem bringing some race fuel and dialing up the boost some just for ****s.

If I could make 340rwhp on pump fuel I'd be happy. Any takers?

Quick Reply: No more mess, I INSTALLED VITESSE!!!!! THANKS JOHN