Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

No more mess, I INSTALLED VITESSE!!!!! THANKS JOHN

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:20 PM
globalmike
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,

how many stage 3 kits do you have left? are you interested in a group buy rate?

Mike
Old 05-12-2009, 01:30 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I know its like there is an echo here... but I have had NO drivability programs since installing my Vitesse MAF kit...
Old 05-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Brian... we took the liberty of looking through our records to see what you purchased and when
which may have been causing you problems.

You purchased a Stage II MAF in 10/05 for a Stock K26 turbo (300 WHP calibration). Then in 10/06 you purchased a standard AFM type chip set, the same as used in first upgrades in stock car. Since that time, with Russell's help, we have MAF chips (yes, using transfer function) with different maps for different injector sizes etc. So your chip was purchased prior to that happening and there has been major improvements since. In 02/07 you purchased a Super 61 turbo (350-425 WHP) which was to much for your MAF.

So to us it's not all that surprising to us you had difficulty with the set-up since the parts were somewhat mismatched and we don't even know what injectors your running. We didn't find any records on those to tell us what they are, which could add to the complications.

We don't have any records or recollection of you contacting us regarding tuning or tuning issues or we may have been able to figure this out before you frustrated yourself .

That set-up would be very difficult to tune based on the combination of parts. If we sold you a chip today, knowing the meter calibration, injector size, turbo size, we could give you a very nice out of the box with little tuning solution as did John.

On our BB (Turbo944.com) we are currently helping customers tune their cars. Much to our surprise, we thought the end user had a better understanding of what to do. The tunes we have seen so far were very far off and the results after a few emails back and forth were night and day improvements. So we are proceeding with some step by step illustrations on what to do, and how to do it for tuning a MAF with piggy back which would of likely also been of help to you, although your mismatch may of prevented you from getting as good as possible result, but maybe not. Without logs, we can't say for sure.

Never the less, glad your car is running to your satisfaction today, but with a different chip based on your modifications, and a meter sized for your turbo, and some tuning tips, the results would of been to your satisfaction as well, we are confident.

Good luck!
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 05-12-2009, 02:40 PM
brrgrr
Racer

I run the LR MAF2, a Mafterburner Piggyback, with a Kokeln Stage 5 turbo, 65 lb injectors, and Guru chips, and this setup has very nice driveability, idles perfectly and runs like a scalded cat. Dave has been very responsive and helpful in fine tuning the fuel curve. With a properly matched system, there is no doubt in my mind that the LR stuff will work.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by globalmike
John,

how many stage 3 kits do you have left? are you interested in a group buy rate?

Mike
I don't have many units left. Not enough quantity to justify a group buy. However, I'll be glad to work something out. Bet to contact me directly!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:52 PM
robinsonracing
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
Brian... we took the liberty of looking through our records to see what you purchased and when

You purchased a Stage II MAF in 10/05 for a Stock K26 turbo (300 WHP calibration). Then in 10/06 you purchased a standard AFM type chip set, the same as used in first upgrades in stock car. Since that time, with Russell's help, we have MAF chips (yes, using transfer function) with different maps for different injector sizes etc. So your chip was purchased prior to that happening and there has been major improvements since. In 02/07 you purchased a Super 61 turbo (350-425 WHP) which was to much for your MAF.

So to us it's not all that surprising to us you had difficulty with the set-up since the parts were somewhat mismatched and we don't even know what injectors your running. We didn't find any records on those to tell us what they are, which could add to the complications.

We don't have any records or recollection of you contacting us regarding tuning or tuning issues or we may have been able to figure this out before you frustrated yourself .

That set-up would be very difficult to tune based on the combination of parts. If we sold you a chip today, knowing the meter calibration, injector size, turbo size, we could give you a very nice out of the box with little tuning solution as did John.

On our BB (Turbo944.com) we are currently helping customers tune their cars. Much to our surprise, we thought the end user had a better understanding of what to do. The tunes we have seen so far were very far off and the results after a few emails back and forth were night and day improvements. So we are proceeding with some step by step illustrations on what to do, and how to do it for tuning a MAF with piggy back which would of likely also been of help to you, although your mismatch may of prevented you from getting as good as possible result, but maybe not. Without logs, we can't say for sure.

Never the less, glad your car is running to your satisfaction today, but with a different chip based on your modifications, and a meter sized for your turbo, and some tuning tips, the results would of been to your satisfaction as well, we are confident.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info and honesty, expect a pm off forum.
Brian
Old 05-12-2009, 03:55 PM
robinsonracing
Racer

Mike Lindsey, I cant send you a PM. Rennlist won't let me?
Brian
Old 05-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

We have that disabled as we already have enough venues to contact us. One more is
just another chance to drop the ball. E-mail or call if you need help.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:40 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey

Good luck!
Like most things when done half way or own your own you run the risk of having problems. Buying the parts together all at once(matched set) and having a professional tune/work on the car will always yield superior results. When I sent my car to lindsey I bought all the parts that were ment to work together and paid you guys to install everything and tune it. Big surprise the car idle'd perfect, ran very well, made great power, and I had zero issues. However that costs money.

For some reason this community has always had a problem with that. People want what they want and they don't want to have to pay that much for it. It just doesn't work that way. Heck I remember reading a thread about John's maf and chip board and the customer was completely disatisifed with it. However buying parts in pieces not matched, doing the install yourself, doing the tuning yourself, and then it doesn't work right and then its.......wait for it.......someone ELSE'S fault!

Kinda funny actually. My car has always ran very well. Why? Because I let the people who know what they are doing work on it. Vitesse, lindsey, it don't matter. What matters is letting these companies take full charge of the car. You do that I promise you, you'll be satisifed either way.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Like most things when done half way or own your own you run the risk of having problems. Buying the parts together all at once(matched set) and having a professional tune/work on the car will always yield superior results. When I sent my car to lindsey I bought all the parts that were ment to work together and paid you guys to install everything and tune it. Big surprise the car idle'd perfect, ran very well, made great power, and I had zero issues. However that costs money.

For some reason this community has always had a problem with that. People want what they want and they don't want to have to pay that much for it. It just doesn't work that way. Heck I remember reading a thread about John's maf and chip board and the customer was completely disatisifed with it. However buying parts in pieces not matched, doing the install yourself, doing the tuning yourself, and then it doesn't work right and then its.......wait for it.......someone ELSE'S fault!

Kinda funny actually. My car has always ran very well. Why? Because I let the people who know what they are doing work on it. Vitesse, lindsey, it don't matter. What matters is letting these companies take full charge of the car. You do that I promise you, you'll be satisifed either way.

I brought this very point up yesterday in a different thread. I have never had ANY (knock on wood) major issues with any 951 I have owned. Why? Partly because I perform (or pay someone to perform) REGULAR & PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE and partly because I don't do patchwork or "band-aid" repairs. If you have a problem, buy QUALITY parts and if you are not 100% capable, PAY for a good reputable shop to install them.

Porsches are not old Mustangs, Camaro's, Chevelles, etc....that pretty much anyone can "tinker" on. Also they do not respond well to the uneducated/uninformed/"this should hold for now" type repairs. With proper upkeep these cars are very affordable, however expect to spend a little coin to have it done correctly the first time, or to get it back up to spec before moving on with mods.

PAY to have it done right the first time....or if you insist on DIY, and are not experienced with these cars get some good advice from the older members on everything from what to buy, where to buy it and how it all goes together. Alot of knowledge is on this board, and it can definitely save you some BIG headaches AND more issues down the road.

Just my .01
Old 05-12-2009, 07:30 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

i like knowing everything done too my engine was done by me. Also i will take the time too do some of the little things that make the engine nice rather than someone thats being paid. IE powder coated intake manifold/cam tower, cleaned the engine bay of random wires, and just generally making my car nice for less money. pluss I love working on my own car.

What you dont know is a 951 is a good car but its just a car. Its the same as any other car accept it has a turbo and a old computer that makes it extremely annoying to work on. A CUSTOM tune always will make your car work right as its made for everything in your car for YOUR CAR.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 PM
robinsonracing
Racer

Originally Posted by porshhhh951

Lets see here::::::
I boughtall of the products from the same company with their customer service helping me along the way while knowing my history. I installed it "half way" (just as I did again- running fine) and tried to use their in house tuning numerous times and was then sent to another professional tuner.(pass the buck-not my fault) who even made 2 personal house calls with no results. Then not til now do I find out that I didn't have a chance for it to run right. I guess I am cheap since I didn't send my car and a blank check to someone else for "superior results", just thousands for parts. Actually its not kinda funny at all!!!!
I had no intentions to discuss my history with LR but since ML brought out some of the details and others want to vent, here is my .01 since thats all I have left.
I'm sure that there are many success stories with LR, unfortunately mine just wasn't one of them but again I say:::
Thanks again to VR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:39 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

You guys are touching on some of the reasons there is a KCWS. I was schooled on how to work on these cars by some of the old timers, particularly Don Istook, and realized pretty quickly that if you don't take shortcuts on these cars, they will treat you pretty well. Some of the more experienced folks can take a pinch of salt and a dash of herb and whip up a masterpiece, but most of us need the "Betty Crocker" mix to pull it off. There's no shame in that, as you will likely get much more consistent and satisfactory results with that approach. John at Vitesse spends a LOT of time making sure his stuff works well as a package (and obviously Lindsey does as well, judging from the fact that Mike was looking up what was previously ordered in their database).

That not meant to be a reflection on the original posters experience, obviously something didn't meet expectations first time around, and since I wasn't there, its not for me to say what went wrong, but its nice that it has a happy ending with the VR installed components.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:22 PM
eniac
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Hmmm... with praise like this, maybe a group buy offer is in order....?

I'm considering switching.
DO IT. I'll install it for free.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:32 PM
robinsonracing
Racer

Originally Posted by eniac
DO IT. I'll install it for free.
Love the busted boost gauge. That must be fun to put the foot into.

Quick Reply: No more mess, I INSTALLED VITESSE!!!!! THANKS JOHN