No more mess, I INSTALLED VITESSE!!!!! THANKS JOHN

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

"LR set a mark in the 390's with a 2.5." Dan... Dan... Dan....

Lindsey Racing was not at 944Fest, only a sponsor from a distance. We did not set the mark
with anything as we did not have a car there, nor a car we claimed was speaking for us in our
absence. There were customers of ours there running some of our parts, but we don't
consider that all that we can do by any means what so ever. That's not meant to be a challenge
to anybody or as any disrespect for their efforts.

We just want to make clear that Dan's work, although good numbers, are not ours and don't
represent what we can do.

Lindsey Racing's goal as a company is not to build dyno queens with no other real purpose.
The 951 to us is a road racing car which is quite fun on or off the track. Not a drag car or a
dyno queen. With that in mind, we build parts for that market which is how we have
built our business to over 150 LR products. If we wanted to build a one off dyno queen car, we
could easily do so. But we don't.
Other 1-405-947-0137

Last edited by Mike Lindsey; 05-13-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, Dave, John, Tim, and Chris

I for one appreciate everyone's efforts in making parts for our cars. And making it possible for us to come on here and have something to argue over.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:05 PM
robinsonracing
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
"LR set a mark in the 390's with a 2.5." Dan... Dan... Dan....

Lindsey Racing was not at 944Fest, only a sponsor from a distance. We did not set the mark
with anything as we did not have a car there, nor a car we claimed was speaking for us in our
absence. There were customers of ours there running some of our parts, but we don't
consider that all that we can do by any means what so ever. That's not meant to be a challenge
to anybody or as any disrespect for their efforts.

We just want to make clear that Dan's work, although good numbers, are not ours and don't
represent what we can do.

Lindsey Racing's goal as a company is not to build dyno queens with no other real purpose.
The 951 to us is a road racing car which is quite fun on or off the track. Not a drag car or a
dyno queen. With that in mind, we build parts for that market which is how we have
built our business to over 150 LR products. If we wanted to build a one off dyno queen car, we
could easily do so. But we don't.
ML you are 100% correct, Dans car was not representing LR just simply saying that some of your goodies were on his car and posted 390. You donated sponsor money to help the fest and we appreciate it. Thanks.

Now as for backyard mechanics??? how's this for a memory to all past festers that run what you brung.
Attached Images  
Old 05-13-2009, 05:12 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

Mike is ABSOLUTELY correct in that my car is nothing more than a car I built using products purchased from Lindsey and other suppliers. If my quote of "LR set a mark in the 390's with a 2.5" anyway implies they should be given credit for anything more than the hardware that would be a complete missrepresentation. Dave always told me there was more to be had there. What I meant was, my car, using LR hardware, once won a dyno shootout with a number in the 390s. Always invited, no members of Lindsey have ever attended a 944fest. My car is a track beast and has been for many years. The dyno shootout mentality arises from smack talking between brothers and the fact it makes for great show, as people can stand up close and hear the howl. We look at torque curves and where the boost kicks in, but it is tough to give trophies for your best power curve if it tops at 290. Maybe we should.

I guess I understand why you would want to remove your public affilliation with my car or it's performance. It is obviously lacking the upgrades you've discovered since I invested back then.
I enjoy my car just fine, last time on mid-Oh I was running door to door with Vipers down the back straight with your stuff at 18 lbs of boost and loving it. I just did it with the old stuff, not what you sell today.

For Travis/Rennbay's sake, I remind you all I'm not the host of the 944fest anymore.

Last edited by 944Fest (aka Dan P); 05-13-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Dan... and a fun car I'm sure it is. 390 RWHP on a track is a handfull.

No disrespect for you at all and hope none was taken. And we are not distancing our self from you or anybody. Just felt a need to point out that it was you, and not us should anybody not really understand that distinction.

If Travis moved the 944fest about 1100 miles closer, then we wouldn't have an excuse not to come. But
I doubt we would be there for dyno pulls. Just meet some customers, help out where needed and have some cold beer!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fast951
Dan, thank you for your post. It helped me understand why so many people do not want to go to the Fest! It appears that it's not for the "whole" 944 community, instead it is polarized.
Just wanted to pop in here and let everyone know that the fest is not "polarized" to any particular vendor or sector of the 944 community. IF it was polarized, I guess it would have to be towards Rennlist because the people on this board make up the majority of it's attendance.

Lindsey racing is the title sponsor because they like to see an event happen that promotes the cars they produce parts for. It is unconditional as to who will be in attendance, what equipment they are running or who likes / dislikes them as a company.

With their sponsorship, Lindsey racing provides the extra funds necessiary to make the event happen every year. This does not make this a polarized event because they request nothing in return other than a banner at the top of the web site and the good will that comes from helping to keep our event alive. They take the high road and have never even so much as hinted at any type of selective attendance.

So, for the record, EVERYONE is welcome to come join the 944Fest, including you John.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:03 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

to all.

No hard feelings Mike, If I had a biz and some guy was talking as I did, I know I would not hesitate to come out and put credit where it is due. I'm proud of my numbers, and never expected to be building some dyno champ. I don't use all 390 on track, I set the boost a little lower and keep it sane. IMHO 350 RWHP is plenty for most 951s.

Anyway, I wish current finances allowed to me to get ahold of the latest and greatest, but it is not to be. I'm just looking forward to hanging out with the old gang in a few weeks. The event is ALWAYS a classic!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:53 PM
robinsonracing
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
Dan... and a fun car I'm sure it is. 390 RWHP on a track is a handfull.

No disrespect for you at all and hope none was taken. And we are not distancing our self from you or anybody. Just felt a need to point out that it was you, and not us should anybody not really understand that distinction.

If Travis moved the 944fest about 1100 miles closer, then we wouldn't have an excuse not to come. But
I doubt we would be there for dyno pulls. Just meet some customers, help out where needed and have some cold beer!
Mike if I was 1800miles more west I'm sure our issue would of been delt with differently. As for the beer, I would open it for you or just tap the KEG and let it flow for all to come. Just bring your favorite mug!!!!!!!!
Brian
Old 05-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 663 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by eniac
DO IT. I'll install it for free.
Done....

Quick Reply: No more mess, I INSTALLED VITESSE!!!!! THANKS JOHN