951s LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 04:25 AM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

Received 399 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyG
Bla bla bla

Either show up and race that 3.0 liter 951 or shut up and quit talking trash about the LSx conversions. The choice is yours.

You've been called out.

It's not personal.

PS> If you knew me you'd feel stupid for making the racial remarks you just made... since I probably look far more "white" than you.

The Internet **** never ceases to amaze me...

TonyG

Garcia's are spaniards. As in anglo saxons. Of course thats a "white" name. LOL. No problem racing, and not ashamed to admit your probably a better driver. I give the V8 what it deserves, it reaches our desired numbers, without forced induction, and is more reliable. You seem not not be able to recognize the finer points, qualities, and the beasts 944/68 engines can be. Why cant you admit that? Thats where the goddamn principals lies. Stop shoving this lsx is almighty **** on a frickin porsche forum down my throat,(your not the only one) and I will be happy to oblige. Your machine will not out perform me. You could most likely out drive me tho. As ive said all along.
I realize this is also a place for discussing the conversions, but it seems like I hear about them more than 944's lately. You love them thats great. Do I have to hear about it all the time? If I wanted to discuss that id be on a forum for that. I came in said my view, some perceived it as me being abrasive I guess. People jumped down my throat immediately, and Im the bad guy. Go trash on chevy engines on the conversion boards, see how long it lasts.

Pfffft I dont give a damn, how much money youve spent.

Last edited by tone3721; 04-12-2009 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:26 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Damn, you beat me to the train wreck picture post.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:48 AM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

I swear some people round here work for rengade hybrids or some kit company. Everytime someone breaks an engine, theyre like a pack of wolves, trying to convince us its the end all be all. Why dont you just buy a vette put a proper suspension on and be done. There are plenty of them around. Not plenty of 951's around. Some of us are enthusiasts, trying to preserve these cars, it makes it hard when every one who breaks one replaces it with a chebby. Especially an "s" or late model. Oh I guess im railing people again. WHATEVER!! If I dont agree, I should just not say anything.....on a porsche forum of all places? Seems backward to me. Isnt there a forum for that already?
Old 04-12-2009, 05:33 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tone3721
Garcia's are spaniards. As in anglo saxons. Of course thats a "white" name. LOL.
With respect to the comment above, I would stop while you're ahead.

Racing: Are we on or not? I'm ready to do PIR in July.

With respect to the drivel below... You are either are ready to race or you are not. There is no in between.

Don't waste my time. Either step up, or shut up.

No problem racing, and not ashamed to admit your probably a better driver. I give the V8 what it deserves, it reaches our desired numbers, without forced induction, and is more reliable. You seem not not be able to recognize the finer points, qualities, and the beasts 944/68 engines can be. Why cant you admit that? Thats where the goddamn principals lies. Stop shoving this lsx is almighty **** on a frickin porsche forum down my throat,(your not the only one) and I will be happy to oblige. Your machine will not out perform me. You could most likely out drive me tho. As ive said all along.
I realize this is also a place for discussing the conversions, but it seems like I hear about them more than 944's lately. You love them thats great. Do I have to hear about it all the time? If I wanted to discuss that id be on a forum for that. I came in said my view, some perceived it as me being abrasive I guess. People jumped down my throat immediately, and Im the bad guy. Go trash on chevy engines on the conversion boards, see how long it lasts.

Pfffft I dont give a damn, how much money youve spent.

Wow.....are you done?

Set the track date already.............

TonyG
Old 04-12-2009, 05:49 AM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TonyG
With respect to the comment above, I would stop while you're ahead.

Racing: Are we on or not? I'm ready to do PIR in July.

With respect to the drivel below... You are either are ready to race or you are not. There is no in between.

Don't waste my time. Either step up, or shut up.

Wow.....are you done?

Set the track date already.............

TonyG
As you said July, and as I said whenever. How long you gonna keep pinging that back at me? Stop while Im ahead? See, ive tried to be as civil and sportsman like about this as possible. Yet Im the one with a chip on my shoulder? You aint seen nothing yet. I dont think you want to come to my neighborhood, LA ******. Im done being sportsman like with you, now. Youve slapped my hand down one too many times. I take that personal.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:04 AM
951reasons
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This whole thread reminds me of my first post entitled "wut up! ".. Here I was all brand new to this prestigious forum dedicated to Porsche owners and I was greeted by Literary post gods, leg warmer haters, and music producers who fed off of other peoples talents just to be able to call themselves professionals.Not only did my post go waaaaaaay a stray from its original intention but I was also booted off and all my post were taken away !!!!All because when the **** talkin got to heavy for some people they used their rennlist wizardry. I guess they thought I was a bad seed. The fun part is, I've met a few people in my area who remember that legendary post and they thought it was hilarious and found out just how much I like to giggle! I didn't talk half as much trash as you guys are and they gave me and my little (13 page) thread cement shoes. Truly this is some funny ****! C'mon kids, lets all play nice! Did I miss something here? Dude wants to do a swap and wanted somebody to convince him he was doin the right thing,, WTF...Do the swap dude! its all good , it's your car, your money, your time have a blast , life is too short for the dumb stuff...hell if it turns out you don't like it ,, sell it , somebody will definatley buy it.Matter of fact , save a bunch of cash and A) buy a Corvette... B) contact Lindsey Racing and get the same results...cheaper.
For real tho,a couple of you guys have great senses of humor! I mean , LOL kinda ****!I think some yall need Jesus, vasoline and some napkins !!!!!!!!!!!! But the the bottom line , in my humble opinion, is, the original post was strayed from long ago..This chevy stuff does(I feel) belong on a chevy forum tho..I thought this was all about the 944/951/968 thing..Happy motoring. Looky !Looky ! I'm up to 29 post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:40 AM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

put up or shut up tone, and your avatar/signature pic is very very very large and annoying.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:17 AM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
Not to be OT but the Cayenne 1st gen shares 75 % of it body and chassis with the VW. But there are NOTHING ALIKE! Porsche has done alot of things for other companys like buick and the grand national ,the harley V2,the new mustang exhaust to get the old sound and a plently others but the fact that porsche made the intake for GM DOES NOT make them a GM product they just know where to go to get the **** made right Now there is alot of Cayenne parts that are made in France you like to wager what company that is coming from????
Not that it matters at this point in this thread, but the body is made by VW, and its still quite different. a lot of little things are VW, but all of the major suspension pieces, drivetrain (minus the orig 6cyl) and interior are Porsche. For the inital assembly being at the VW plant there are very few similarities, I see both the Cayenne and the Q7 I think on a daily basis and have seen quite a few Touregs i would never guess there the same platform

Mark
Old 04-12-2009, 10:51 AM
DVC
Burning Brakes

Tony- You're in deep now. It's not his 951 you should be "worried" about, its his X-wing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_Squadron

Old 04-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now there is alot of Cayenne parts that are made in France you like to wager what company that is coming from????
Cayenne is not the only Porsche which gets parts from different countries. Just look for example 996 GT3's rear hood/spoiler to find out where it is fabricated, yes it's also a French made part. 90% of Boxters/Caymans come from Finland. Most of the parts are german made, but the light equipments are finnish made. Quite many 996/997/Boxter/Cayman/Cayenne does have electric wirings made in Belarus.... Porsche use parts from various countries where they can have quality parts for good price, nothing special on this. Just look american made cars, lots of smaller parts, bigger parts, like engines made in Mexico etc.

but the body is made by VW, and its still quite different. a lot of little things are VW, but all of the major suspension pieces, drivetrain (minus the orig 6cyl) and interior are Porsche. For the inital assembly being at the VW plant there are very few similarities
Body is not made by VW. It is made by a joint venture (VW & Porsche) located in Slovakia. Assembled bodies are then transported to Germany, VW ones to the VW plant and Porsche Cayenne bodies to Porshes Leipzig factory, so Cayennes are not fabricated in the same place as Touarges.Btw some Cayenne/Touareg body parts(crash critical) are made in Slovakia by a company which is a part of the US based company.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:19 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Porsche 944 engines. When you bash them you bash everyone who has one. You dont understand that? I am a spokesman of nothing.
Not feeling particularly bashed...and certainly not by TonyG - who generally contributes a lot of technical knowledge....

Guys, how about this. Too each their own.. My neighbour is in the process of turboing a Hyundai Accent. It might be a dumb idea, but he wants to then he can and what I think (or anyone else does for that matter) is really not relevant to the decision. Same as the V8 vs. I-4 turbo (Chevy vs. P-car debate). Each of you has to drive your own car and, at the end of the day be happy with it. If you want install a turbine powered by kerosene - go for it.

(PS I know squat about V8s or I-4 turbos - but I do know that I love my car).
Old 04-12-2009, 12:22 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tone3721
Garcia's are spaniards. As in anglo saxons. Of course thats a "white" name.
You know this thread makes me laugh, you guys talk about 944T and V8s, which is fine. Debate all day long, but in a healthy, respective, and polite manner. But what is the relevance of his background have to do with anything in this thread? I am Italian, so you want to state something against my people too? Let me say this Mr. Tone, I have watched this thread carefully, and you are on thin ice. Stop the belligerent behavior now, or it will be time for you to take a vacation. And anybody else, best refrain from personal attacks as well, if they arise. Enough.

Back to the program....
Old 04-12-2009, 12:37 PM
CPR
Race Director

Rob,
I love pizza
Old 04-12-2009, 01:05 PM
CPR
Race Director

Sooooo.....is the race on or what?

And if so, can I join? I have a 1977 Pinto with a Yugo conversion<----or is everyone scared?
Old 04-12-2009, 01:12 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Come on guys, you have reach a new low level without my assistance. One thing for sure I have met Tony several time and he is far from being a mex, he is a typical So cal white guy check this picture we took together a few years back
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 951s LS1?