Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951s LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:28 PM
DVC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anders44

where did you mount your ECU tony? got any pics?
Mount the LS1 PCM in the passenger foot well, using the stock Porsche bracket. Fits like a charm.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:46 PM
fastmover
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Whisper
Okay, now you've gone and made it official-like:

Duel in the Desert
Team Hitler Mustache vs The Mulletmen
Phoenix, AZ -- July 4th, 2009
O.K. now who's making the t shirts, I'll buy one. Profits to charity or to the winner?

Semper fi
Old 04-12-2009, 07:50 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastmover
O.K. now who's making the t shirts, I'll buy one. Profits to charity or to the winner?

Semper fi
Thats a no brainer. It all should go to charity. That way something good comes outta this stupid BS.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:54 PM
fastmover
Pro

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Thats a no brainer. It all should go to charity. That way something good comes outta this stupid BS.
I'll agree with you on that, John.

Semper fi
Old 04-12-2009, 07:56 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by fastmover
I'll agree with you on that, John.

Semper fi
I'm looking forward to getting together and everyone hanging out. I wish my car would be more complete by then but, what can ya do. Hows your suspension swap going on the S?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:38 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Bwahaha awesome!
Too funny. Someone's got to film this and YouTube it!

edit: Count me in for a few Ts and the charity bit.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:41 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DVC
Mount the LS1 PCM in the passenger foot well, using the stock Porsche bracket. Fits like a charm.
Opps...

Sorry for the late reply, but yes... I did the exact thing as DVC. Just mounted it to the factory Porsche bracket like stock unit.

TonyG
Old 04-12-2009, 08:47 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tone? Are you there?

Need to confirm these dates : July 4th/5th

DUEL IN THE DESERT

Need to book my flight, let me know......
Old 04-12-2009, 08:55 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by CPR
Tony,

On a different note....did you ever decide what you need me to do with the mounting hardware, and/or new skid plate?

I sent a pair of rods out Thursday to you for you to check out....reallly nice ones.

Let me know,

OK...back to the "Duel in the Desert"!
I'm using (5) 1/8" steel cables to support the splitter from the bumper behind the bumper cover.

The problem is that you really need a metal support bracket under the splitter because it flexes so much at high speeds. The problem is that the downforce can't be consistent if the shape of the splitter changes (in this case due to flex).

The solution is some sort of formed metal bracket under the splitter that runs the most of the width of the splitter (the extended portion of the spitter). This will allow the splitter to maintain a uniform shape. If you can do that, you can get away with only two support rods.

So some sort of rigid structure to bolt the splitter to (underneath) to, then support from. If you can get that rigid structure in the form of a skid plate... then all the better.

TonyG
Old 04-12-2009, 08:56 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by CPR
Tone? Are you there?

Need to confirm these dates : July 4th/5th

DUEL IN THE DESERT

Need to book my flight, let me know......

Who has the track? (... do we have the track reserved?)

TonyG
Old 04-12-2009, 09:14 PM
blitz951
Pro

Tone,
Spaniards are from Spain and are caucasian. In fact, no statistal significance exist with genetic comparison of any of the European races at this point however this may change in Anglo England as they are racing to be the first Muslim European country. This is all evidence based so no offense should be taken.
Furthermore, in the Americas the Europeans conquered, brought slaves and gave them last names and religion I hope you know this. To make it easy think of one of your football hero's with an Anglo last name like Bo Jackson and do some research with respect to "white names".
Old 04-12-2009, 09:28 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DVC
Originally Posted by TonyG
Opps...

Sorry for the late reply, but yes... I did the exact thing as DVC. Just mounted it to the factory Porsche bracket like stock unit.

TonyG
thanks guys. figured it would work, but havent tried it yet. I kept the plate actually, in hope it would work.

do any of you guys vacate the hybridsforum anymore? seems dead'ish

basicly I have a 2000 transam ls1 engine, i spent the night with a PCM output diagram. I have the stock harness.

so far useing a multimeter I have found the following wires I think I need
ignition positive voltage
pcm battery positive voltage
pcm grounds
tach out
fan relay 1
fan relay 2/3
fuel pump relay
serial data for the odbii

hmm think that's about what I need?

just need to figure out which pin is which on the 944, and perhaps even get a 944 plug to make it nicer.

need a blockoff plate for the EGR hole on the intake, though I have an idea where to get it, think I will keep stock fuelrail until I modify engine (trying to get approved by the DMV)
Old 04-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Okay...We can do it any one of these dates...

http://www.nasaaz.com/schedule/

While I prefer a 100 degree event day, I say we run in event 5 on Sunday. 6 or 7 will do but FIR is kinda weak IMHO. We can run in HPDE 3 and the last run of the day there are no drills so that'll be the one that counts. It'll also give Tony a chance to find the line. You'll need to be signed off to run group 3 and while I'm sure Tony is okay to run that group, Tone may need to attend an event before that to get signed off to run at that level.

We can do the drag ones any time... http://www.speedworlddragstrip.com/c...date=5/12/2009

I say if we do it it's got to be in one weekend. No oil changes, pampering, tuning, just a complete weekend of run what you brung abuse. Hopefully my welfare motor will hold up. I've got a few extra helmets if Tone needs one. Party at my place afterwards.

I'll check to see if the SCCA or PCA has any DE's coming up as well.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
I am Italian, ....
Sorry man.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:48 PM
fastmover
Pro

I'm looking forward to getting together and everyone hanging out. I wish my car would be more complete by then but, what can ya do. Hows your suspension swap going on the S?
John, the suspension swapp is going very slowly!!! I never get time to work on my own car!! So far I have thefront struts, springs, caster/camber plates, 3 piece crossmember, charley arms and brake cooling ducts, sway bar and mount braces, along with the strut brace off the donor car and ready for installation.
I need to get the rear coilovers and swaybar, brakes off the donor car next. Then I can start to put it on to my 951 s. I also just scored a perfect no cracked burgandy dash for it also. I am trying to also do my belts and reseal the cam housing all at the same time. I am also going to try and get that 3 inch exhaust on it, then I can run the set of Vitesse chips I have that will allow me to run 17 lbs of boost. I really hope to have it all done befoer th gtg.

Semper fi

Quick Reply: 951s LS1?