Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-12-2009, 01:37 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CPR
Sooooo.....is the race on or what?

And if so, can I join? I have a 1977 Pinto with a Yugo conversion<----or is everyone scared?

I'm in. But its his home town track, so he has to make the arrangements. I don't know the local clubs that run that track on a regular basis out there.

If he wants to come out to California, I can make the arrangements very easily, either with a club or on a private track day.

TonyG
Old 04-12-2009, 01:41 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tony,

On a different note....did you ever decide what you need me to do with the mounting hardware, and/or new skid plate?

I sent a pair of rods out Thursday to you for you to check out....reallly nice ones.

Let me know,

OK...back to the "Duel in the Desert"!
Old 04-12-2009, 02:03 PM
fastmover
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CPR
Tony,

On a different note....did you ever decide what you need me to do with the mounting hardware, and/or new skid plate?

I sent a pair of rods out Thursday to you for you to check out....reallly nice ones.

Let me know,

OK...back to the "Duel in the Desert"!
I like the sound of that, Maybe this should be the west coast 944 gtg, T-shirts and all!, like a Porsche "pinks" episode!!

Semper fi
Old 04-12-2009, 02:15 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lart951
Come on guys, you have reach a new low level without my assistance. One thing for sure I have met Tony several time and he is far from being a mex, he is a typical So cal white guy check this picture we took together a few years back
LART!!! We miss you!

Wait did that sound gay? Like Elton John gay(cool gay) or Clay Akin gay(super bad gay)?
Originally Posted by fastmover
I like the sound of that, Maybe this should be the west coast 944 gtg, T-shirts and all!, like a Porsche "pinks" episode!!

Semper fi
That would be fun but, I don't think this will happen. I think tone needs to settle down and chill. I haven't taken anything personal from this v8 debate and to each their own. We certainly aren't in danger of loosing our 944 turbo I4's. There will always be enough people around who want to keep it Porsche.

Its not like we 8 month old defenseless babies.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:34 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
LART!!! We miss you!

Wait did that sound gay? Like Elton John gay(cool gay) or Clay Akin gay(super bad gay)?

That would be fun but, I don't think this will happen. I think tone needs to settle down and chill. I haven't taken anything personal from this v8 debate and to each their own. We certainly aren't in danger of loosing our 944 turbo I4's. There will always be enough people around who want to keep it Porsche.

Its not like we 8 month old defenseless babies.
I miss u guys too

On a serious note as much as I love my Audi 944T I have to admit that Tony knows his stuff, his V8 conversion is a fine example of a hybrid well done, I wouldn't mind owning that car and as soon as I get out of jail I might pursuit purchasing the car from tony..
Old 04-12-2009, 02:39 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lart951
I miss u guys too

On a serious note as much as I love my Audi 944T I have to admit that Tony knows his stuff, his V8 conversion is a fine example of a hybrid well done, I wouldn't mind owning that car and as soon as I get out of jail I might pursuit purchasing the car from tony..
Purchasing or stealing?

Please pm me your #.

Damn that was definitely Clay Akin right there.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tone,

I say this with the utmost respect but you're not coming off very well here. In this thread alone you've insulted some pretty smart car guys. Me included..... Since I just happen to drive a Vette...I guess that means I have a mullet.....drive a welfare car.....blah...blah...blah... I can't really recall all the insults. Since we've never met.....thanks for passing judgment but is it really necessary to be so militant? Lighten up man.

If your stock head...stock cam..stock intercooler...stock header....stock intake....55lb injector...stage 3 turbo is capable of 500 RWHP on pump gas.....would you care to enlighten me on how much HP my 3.0L will make? Since I also have a much bigger turbo, lighter internal, 83lb injectors, aftermarket intercooler..intake...cam...header...valve train...fuel system, and the list goes on and on.....I'm guessing that compared to your I should be good for 650 on pump? Oh yeah, nobody built it for me and I even did some of the machine work myself so it may not be reliable.

You've done a lot of beating on the Vette owners and since I'm one of the few on this board I feel compelled to respond (and we happen to live in the same city). I have an 55K mile 02 with an ls6. Bone stock I put down 360 RWHP. I've since added a LG GX3 cam, LG pro headers & x-pipe, haltec CAI, did some mild port matching, and have a pretty aggressive tune (that I did myself). Let's guess and say that I make about 410 RWHP. I drive this car 110 miles each day any consider putting on hi-performance plug wires because summit racing says I'll get up to 15 RWHP.

I would like to get in this track event with you and Tony. Knowing what I do about Tony's driving as well as cars in general I have no interest in putting money up against his 951 in my Z but will run you. I will put $1000 into an escrow account to be distributed by Sid since he'll come out for it and participate. In fact we can do a few different events for $1,000 per event.......
In one day we can meet on an empty tank at any gas station and fill the cars up with pump gas and proceed to a track event at PIR, leave there and do some 0-60 runs timed by sid.....and then head out for some 1/4 runs at Firebird or PIR. Let's do this in June or July. 2 out of 3 winner takes the cash and buys the drinks afterwards. If you run street tires I will as well. I will run AC, have all of my traction controls off, and have no N20 in the car.

I don't want to hear about the 951 not being designed for drag racing because the Z is also a front engine/rear transmission/IRS/big brake/stiff suspension car and from a design perspective is no more of a drag car than a 951. The welfare car company did however design it for serious abuse. If this doesn't work for you we can delay until sept/oct an I can use my 951.

I always laugh at internet boards....especially Rennlist. There are actually less then 15 people I would actually pay attention to around here. Those are the guys that actually build cars, race them, and know more then one make. I am not a Porsche guy. I am also not a GM guy. I am a car guy and over the years have had several mustangs, RX-7's, Porsche's, and GM's. I can appreciate them all for what they are. I too have also seen how reliable the 951 motors are out of the box. I've PERSONALLY seen (not heard) enough oil leaks, rod bearing failures, hg failures, bent valves, scored and split cylinders to last me a lifetime but I will continue to build them because I love them for what they are.

So if this actually happens......anyone traveling to get here I offer trailer parking, a 4 car garage with every tool you could possibly need (Tony may need this for his POS welfare motor), a well stocked parts shelf for both 951 and LS parts, a place to crash, and a BBQ the following day. It's all in fun right? Do I have time to get my mullet permed?
Old 04-12-2009, 05:08 PM
CPR
Race Director

Jeremy,

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

It is called a "Merm" (man-permed-mullet tail)........ No one says "Can I get my mullet permed?"

Gheeshhh....and I thought you knew what was up!

BTW....will you pick me up at the Airport?
Old 04-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CPR
Jeremy,

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

It is called a "Merm" (man-permed-mullet tail)........ No one says "Can I get my mullet permed?"

Gheeshhh....and I thought you knew what was up!

BTW....will you pick me up at the Airport?
Sorry....I'm 35 and having a hard time keeping up with the lingo you young wipper snappers use. I'm just too damn old I guess.

I drive through the airport every day.....if you can handle riding in a chevy or lincoln. Maybe we should just make this a vegas trip and talk smack at a craps table.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:43 PM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Sorry....I'm 35 and having a hard time keeping up with the lingo you young wipper snappers use. I'm just too damn old I guess.

I drive through the airport every day.....if you can handle riding in a chevy or lincoln. Maybe we should just make this a vegas trip and talk smack at a craps table.
35yo? Gotcha by a few

OK...how about a fly-in June 30th (Tues) then straight to Vegas for a few days, ...then back for the "Duel In the Desert" on Saturday July 4th?

Oh yeah....considering I drive a Dodge 2500 or Ford FX-4 all week, I think I'll survive in a Chevy or Lincoln

NOTE to self: Schedule my merm appointment for June 28th....Kenny Powers baby!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:50 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Damn, if this takes place a little later in the year I gotta come too. I'll be in the US in Sept. if it gets delayed like most car things do. Er if we want to have a physical feature to support our cars (Merm for the V8 guys) does that mean that the i4 guys have to grow a Hitler Moustache? Or maybe just the comb-over...
Old 04-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CPR
35yo? Gotcha by a few

OK...how about a fly-in June 30th (Tues) then straight to Vegas for a few days, ...then back for the "Duel In the Desert" on Saturday July 4th?

Oh yeah....considering I drive a Dodge 2500 or Ford FX-4 all week, I think I'll survive in a Chevy or Lincoln

NOTE to self: Schedule my merm appointment for June 28th....Kenny Powers baby!
Headed out to NJ Vacation on the 3rd of July. Pop's 951 is getting a turbo upgrade.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Damn, if this takes place a little later in the year I gotta come too. I'll be in the US in Sept. if it gets delayed like most car things do. Er if we want to have a physical feature to support our cars (Merm for the V8 guys) does that mean that the i4 guys have to grow a Hitler Moustache? Or maybe just the comb-over...
Okay, now you've gone and made it official-like:

Duel in the Desert
Team Hitler Mustache vs The Mulletmen
Phoenix, AZ -- July 4th, 2009
Old 04-12-2009, 06:55 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Whisper
Okay, now you've gone and made it official-like:

Duel in the Desert