Parts Request: turbo water pump temp sensor

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:56 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts Request: turbo water pump temp sensor

Well... I just cracked the ceramic top on my existing sensor, and while I'm probably more likely to high-temp epoxy the little SOB before spending $45 to have paragon ship me a new one (with the wrong p/n accoring to their website), I'd prefer to have an unadultered used unit from a parts car. Anyone have one handy? For those confused about what sensor this is, it's the little bugger sitting atop the water outlet's banjo bolt on the passenger side of the turbo.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 12-02-2008, 12:42 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Kevin,
I have two I'm willing to part w/...one NIB, the other I installed and pressure tested my coolant system w/ but it has no run time. I've since replaced it w/ the low profile NAPA part to clear my intake (modified the water pipe for a larger turbo).

$35 shipped for the NIB; $30 shipped for the other. (neither come w/ crush rings)

Old 12-02-2008, 12:44 AM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

ill buy one.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:53 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds good to me. I'll let Kevin get first dibs on the one he wants...of course he may decline altogether and you can have the pick of the litter.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:33 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Yeah... I definitely need one of them. What's your PayPal? I'll snag the $30 sensor.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:34 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Out of curiousity, how much did you have to rotate the pipe on your upgrade? I bent the pipe back a little bit, and am still a little off. I'm either going to cut and reweld it, clip it, or bend it a little more.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i put an extra crush washer in my banjo and bent it back slightly, then flattened the bottom of the feed tube where it crosses over the top of the compressor slightly - use my stock sensor and looks stock.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:10 PM
gjoey66
Instructor

I have another sensor if someone is interested...brand new...then after one weekend blew the motor so I parted the car. Looking for 30$ shipped to lower 48
Old 12-06-2008, 01:25 PM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

I ended up replacing the pipe between the banjo fitting and the temp sensor boss w/ a longer section of pipe (ala the "chilibluepepper mod". I clocked the temp sensor boss and associated pipes to the position where they would line up correctly w/ coolant tank and crossover pipe. You can see where I did make one bend to get things lined up perfectly in the one photo (just above the coldside outlet)...this could probably be avoided by marking the clocking of the pipes better. I marked the orientation w/ a sharpy before running it over to the welder and when taking the oneside it burned off most of the ink on the other. If you go this route scratch your orientation markings in. I also trimmed off the mounting tab. I didn't snap a pick of the pipe before I installed it but here it is installed.

PMs sent on the sensors for sale.

Quick Reply: Parts Request: turbo water pump temp sensor