Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New DEUTSCH NINE GTS headlight kit available

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 07:51 AM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question mate

Yes we will be doing a speed test at Interlaken on the 16th August on the airfield but having said that the light units are incredibly secure will 0% light shake and as the covers are sealed to the buckets via window sealer they are guaranteed not to come off which was our concern when we initially looked at using fixing screws and opted against this mainly for astetic reasons.

Having said that the original kit used 6 very small fixing screws and we never experienced any problems with the fixings and several people are still running these over in Europe from both street and mainly track.

Cheers,
Mark

P.S. I'm not going to ask where you regularly run 160mph+ mate
Old 08-04-2008, 08:21 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't have to....Come to Las Vegas and we'll go for a spin...
Old 08-04-2008, 08:28 AM
future
Banned

I'll take you up on that next time I'm over for SEMA
Old 08-04-2008, 12:31 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mark, I really don't mean to get off topic but do you guys have any foglight ducts in the plans? Maybe even just replacement covers with no ducts in them would be nice for a lightweight clean look....
Old 08-04-2008, 12:51 PM
future
Banned

Hi Colin we can get these for you from a supplier in Germany. We have just purchased a 968 set to test out on our TRS project car before we comit to a bulk order (These will be very reasonably priced):

As you can see the fit is excellent and they are very light weight. Give me a few days and I'll get back to you when we next place an order with them

P.S. For those who have not been following this project here is a quick picture of it's current state

Old 08-04-2008, 02:34 PM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by potent951turbo86
Mark, I really don't mean to get off topic but do you guys have any foglight ducts in the plans? Maybe even just replacement covers with no ducts in them would be nice for a lightweight clean look....
+1
Old 08-04-2008, 02:46 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

++++3+3++3
Old 08-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Mark, is that where those 968 tail lights are going onto?

Also any chance you can do a pic of under the hood with all the old headlight stuff removed? Im curious to see how much space it frees up.

I really like the parts and am also looking forward to more pictures of the car itself. Its a shame the exchange rate sucks so badly and in all likely hood will only get worse!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

.S. For those who have not been following this project here is a quick picture of it's current state
Mark, where can i find the story?
i am also interested of 951 foglight ducts.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:18 PM
future
Banned

Hi Jon - Yes mate you got it in one The original lights were in poor condition and trying to get a good used set in Europe is quite hard as with any parts for the 968 like wings etc. Having said that I can get them new from Porsche in the UK via the dealer network for £95.00 each or 400 USD for a set.

Here is a link to the original thread over on the 968 board https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum/428896-damaged-968-advice-needed-asap-please.html. We purchased the car accident damaged and it has turned out to be a bit of a lemon having previously been involved in atleast 2 other accidents including being on it's roof as a new roof skin had been badly welded on but to cut a story short we will replace the entire roof with a solid metal skin from Porsche. The car will be lovely when completed though and we have really kept the costs down. On page three (3) of the thread I've linked to there are a few pictures with all the panels removed from the front of the car and I will get some more put up shortly.

We are going to be manufacturing new wings in FRP designed for the 993 lights to save more weight which I hope should appeal to the track users as new wings for these cars from Porsche are simply silly money

Regarding the bumper vents I will speak with Beni tomorrow night and get some pictures for the 951/2 - S2 ones we can get but they do look very good and save those expensive light lenses from getting damaged whilst adding function at the same time
Old 08-04-2008, 06:40 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Mark do you believe, having seen the 968 in all it's glory, that there is any reason to assume that they have a stiffer body/chassis than the 951?
Old 08-04-2008, 07:37 PM
future
Banned

Hi Patrick

I would definitely say that the front end is stiffer than the 944’s as if you look at the box section design which is visible under the front wings; these are much beefier than on our cars. Having said that I have owned both a very nice 968 CS a few years back but chose to sell that and keep the 952 purely due to a better second hand parts supply – Hell have you seen the cost of 968 front wings and bumper PU’s

The 968 is a real marmite car in my opinion – I do not want to offend anybody but the 968 does look a little bit too much like the 928 i.e. big and heavy (which it is) and as of those lights, well a child could have designed a better more integrated solution with the back end of a brick!

The 968 visually from several angles is challenging but still a transaxle all the same which we all love

There is now a definite trend for people crossing over to the 968 form S2’s and 951/2’S as they will to the Cayman when prices become realistic and the Boxster just doesn’t enter the equation interns of performance enhancements – That Porker can be left for the wives (sorry Boxster owners but the new 987 is nice).

I also suggest that the side sills possibly offer more lateral rigidity and it has to be said that the 968 has not dated quite as much as the 951 is doing today.

Many people do not like the 968 side skirts (rocker covers) … This was simply Porsche’s attempt at getting the lines of the rear bumper to look visually right from the side angle but I love them and that is why they are on my 952.

We are currently building a retro fit FRP front wing kit incorporating the 993 lights to help firstly save considerable weight, improve aerodynamics and more importantly to me the aesthetics of the front end.

Panel gaps are a little better than on the 944 but having said all of the above, over on the 968 board it’s not anything like as active as here

‘Samluke’ AKA Richard Bennett I notice is looking to cross over to a 968 for his track car but to be honest I do not really see the benefit and as for the 6-speed box … Well I shall not comment on how week it is and the gear ratios are not as suited to me as the 951 (I'm still liking your 996 GT2 idea)

Good news is that the 968 worldwide has remained static price wise for some 7 years and in Europe they are now on the rise – Sort of like the 993 with the CS which was actually the cheapest of the model range when in production now sell for a premium over the other two models but for day to day driving the UK only Sport version is by far the best as it carries over all the CS suspension, 17” wheels but gets all the luxuries inside - I think these went to Auz but don'e quote me on that one.

The CS is basically what it stays on the tin and simply the best entry car to Track Days in my option and is considerable lighter doing away with all the electric windows, mirrors and very heavy seats and with thinner carpets.

Aerodynamically the 968 really does come into its own and doesn’t suffer the crosswinds problem quite as much as the 944’s which many report.

All of the above said … Add a full weldin cage to a 944 and do the same to a 968 and you would be very hard pushed to tell the difference and we all know the 951/2 engine is the power plant of choice for additional power - I aint seen a 600+ 968 NA car YET and don't think we ever will

Best regards,
Mark
Old 08-04-2008, 09:32 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, don't take it the wrong way...I think the assemblies look brilliant, and appears to be a grade A fit and finish, I just think it would look so Freakin' cool if they were like a round zenon or something. That's all.
I'll actually be 'round your way in November...my uncle is a scout for the Rovers...be nice to see it all up close.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 951rs
Hi all

I thought I'd open a a new thread for these great news for you guys.

First off all, SORRY for keeping you guys waiting that long but Mark and I have been very busy the last weeks with other projects that are as least as important as the development of this kit...you will be informed here on rennlist when they lift off

However, the new GTS headlight kit in considerably improved quality is available now. Taking the moulds for the housings was quite a challenge due to the recessed area and the fact that we wanted to produce them in one piece by any means but the final product looks excellent and represents a quantum leap compared to the german kit we previously offered.

But enough talking, let the pictures talk (showing the GTS headlight housing and the cover as they are delivered to the Customer):

This kit is manufactured here in Switzerland and certainly is the highest quality product available on the market looking very authentic and clean when installed on the car, fitting all 951s and S2's:

We currently are fulfilling orders that we put on the list during the last few weeks but are in the position to fulfill your orders in maximum 2 weeks time.

Mark and I have decided that we do a Rennlist group buy for maximum 8 kits.
Our RRP for the kit is 580 euros and we offer it - 8 kits only and as an unique opportunity- to the rennlist community for 499 euros only.

As we did have some annoying issues with USPS loosing 2 parcels that we sent from Switzerland to the US (seen them cross the border on online the tracking and then they disappeared) we suggest that we would ship two batches of 4 with a priority service and full insurances so that we don't run into any issues.

Hope this is all good news for you! Who is interested in joining this?

Cheers

Beni
Where'd ya get the hood vents?? I want a set...
Old 08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
future
Banned

Hi Rickamurphy - The hood heat extraction vents are manufactured by ourselves and I have attached a few more pics for you below mate:

If you send me a PM with your email address I can email you alot more and get you a quote for the vents plus shipping

Quick Reply: New DEUTSCH NINE GTS headlight kit available