New DEUTSCH NINE GTS headlight kit available

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:05 AM
951rs
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New DEUTSCH NINE GTS headlight kit available

Hi all

I thought I'd open a a new thread for these great news for you guys.

First off all, SORRY for keeping you guys waiting that long but Mark and I have been very busy the last weeks with other projects that are as least as important as the development of this kit...you will be informed here on rennlist when they lift off

However, the new GTS headlight kit in considerably improved quality is available now. Taking the moulds for the housings was quite a challenge due to the recessed area and the fact that we wanted to produce them in one piece by any means but the final product looks excellent and represents a quantum leap compared to the german kit we previously offered.

But enough talking, let the pictures talk (showing the GTS headlight housing and the cover as they are delivered to the Customer):

This kit is manufactured here in Switzerland and certainly is the highest quality product available on the market looking very authentic and clean when installed on the car, fitting all 951s and S2's:

We currently are fulfilling orders that we put on the list during the last few weeks but are in the position to fulfill your orders in maximum 2 weeks time.

Mark and I have decided that we do a Rennlist group buy for maximum 8 kits.
Our RRP for the kit is 580 euros and we offer it - 8 kits only and as an unique opportunity- to the rennlist community for 499 euros only.

As we did have some annoying issues with USPS loosing 2 parcels that we sent from Switzerland to the US (seen them cross the border on online the tracking and then they disappeared) we suggest that we would ship two batches of 4 with a priority service and full insurances so that we don't run into any issues.

Hope this is all good news for you! Who is interested in joining this?

Cheers

Beni
Old 07-28-2008, 10:36 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am very interested. Not cheap but it looks clean and there should be a decent weight savings.

My question though... is the 499 just for the housings and the cover? Does it includes some lights? From the picture it appears as though it does not use the stock round lights... so what exactly is included in the kit?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beni, count me in for the group buy.

Thanks,

-Rogue
Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 AM
951rs
Former Vendor

Hi all

Off course, it is the full kit including 2 pairs of housings and covers, the mounting brackets, bolts, nuts, washers and a pair of E-approved Hella headlight units...
Complete kit.

Weight saving will be substantial, I will post some figures later when I have weighed all items.

Cheers

Beni
Old 07-28-2008, 11:14 AM
eniac
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have pics from under the hood of this final kit installed? How much or less space does it take up copared to the stock butckets, namely between the coolant tank and the lights?

I would be interested if this frees up more room for a decent size airfilter.

Also, never trust USPS. I can't tell how many tmes I have had stuff lost only to get a "We don't know, we don't care" response. I have found UPS best for shipping overseas but they have thier own problems as well.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 AM
future
Banned

Hi Stephen, the added material at the rear of the buckets extrudes only 4cm and there is a huge amount of space below the bucket to relocate a much bigger cone filter down there with a custom feed pipe from the old snorkel aperture in the side of the inner wing feeding it some ambient air. You could also make a blanking plate to encapsulate and shield the cone filter from the turbo heat

P.S. UPS are also S41T!!!! me and Beni have just had to send a parcel 3 times from the UK to Germany - Simply ridicules so we will not be using them again
Old 07-28-2008, 11:57 AM
future
Banned

Picture of the rear as requested from the early thread: showing additional space for cone filter to be moved out of the way underneath the bucket or just behind as most run with MAF
Old 07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
eniac
Drifting

Originally Posted by future
Hi Stephen, the added material at the rear of the buckets extrudes only 4cm and there is a huge amount of space below the bucket to relocate a much bigger cone filter down there with a custom feed pipe from the old snorkel aperture in the side of the inner wing feeding it some ambient air. You could also make a blanking plate to encapsulate and shield the cone filter from the turbo heat

P.S. UPS are also S41T!!!! me and Beni have just had to send a parcel 3 times from the UK to Germany - Simply ridicules so we will not be using them again
Originally Posted by future
Picture of the rear as requested from the early thread: showing additional space for cone filter to be moved out of the way underneath the bucket or just behind as most run with MAF
Thanks! That does free a bunch of room considering all the popup headlight mechanisms will be gone.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:25 PM
DanR
Drifting

I love the look of this, however a little pricey with the current exchange rate. Guess you get what you pay for. Good luck!
Old 07-28-2008, 06:39 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What's that equate out to in US dollars and what will the price be expected for the HID kits?
Old 07-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
What's that equate out to in US dollars and what will the price be expected for the HID kits?
$912.63
Old 07-28-2008, 07:22 PM
blitz951
Pro

Those look nice but why did you use that style light? It looks like a light off an old american car/truck.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:06 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

can you post a picture of how they look at night!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How are the lenses attached? I remember a lot of people had issues with the lenses flying off the old GTS Racing buckets on the highway (not saying yours have this issue but I think its a valid question)
Old 07-28-2008, 10:32 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero10
How are the lenses attached? I remember a lot of people had issues with the lenses flying off the old GTS Racing buckets on the highway (not saying yours have this issue but I think its a valid question)
From memory those GT ones were screwed in from the top. As you can see there are no visible screws on these ones.

Quick Reply: New DEUTSCH NINE GTS headlight kit available