Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Where are all the projects???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 01:04 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^LOL.....
But yeah. I just spent a boat load of money on the car. been working so damn hard to get the wiring correct.
I'm wiring up the MoTeC right now. $4K on this set up is a little more than I expected.. This number doesn't include the tuning. But, I'm putting together a new ignition using Wasted Spark. hooking up the Crank trigger wheel and Cam sync stuff from Chris White. Those two alone took alot of internet reading and a decent amount of Cash.

I just finished the Fuses and Relay wiring for the ECU. That Part is all wired up. I also had to backtrack and make sure the stock wiring was re-done correctly. LOTS of that. So I've been wiring, wiring, and more wiring.

JIC coilovers are also waiting. I'm thinking of a better way to attach the rear shock. Lots of welding mods are in planned.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:23 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default small projects

Last week

Recaro SPG and Pole Position w/brey krause seat belt brackets, racaro sliders.
rotors & pads
Motons
Every damn thing that Racers Edge sells for 951 suspension.

This week

safety devices roll cage
shroth harnesses

Next

fire suppression
camber truss
new steering wheel/removable
Attached Images        
Old 06-15-2008, 01:32 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by theedge
I dont count?
Guess cause we're from Canada, none of us matter.

That's ok, whose got all the oil baby!
Old 06-15-2008, 01:36 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daigo
Guess cause we're from Canada, none of us matter.

That's ok, whose got all the oil baby!
And better beer. And hotter women. And better pot.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

My mutli-decade project keeps churning. Waiting for the v-flex reflash now. Planning to install the full 3" SFR exhaust and new zeitronix gauge, along with 91/100 octane switch for the Vitesse chip board, and then off to the dyno for my first 3L pull. In meantime, working on remapping the dash gauge to show a calibrated 0 - 30psi; replacing that last brown stonegaurd; installing a new cam and lifters; replacing torque tube bearings at some point; etc., etc.

Here's a random engine build picture in the meantime, to help hold you over. Nothing a handful of washers couldn't fix.
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:55 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not on the list, but I too am working on a relatively big project.

My 86 is a high mileage example, it ran pretty well when I bought it last year from forum member pozican. Drove it a little bit and then decided to do some work renewing many of the deteriorated orignal hoses and wiring. That was a year ago. My race car always seems to bump the turbo out of the garage. The motor had top and bottom ends done before I purchased it. The fundamentals are sound, she just wanted for some love.

Anyway, in all that time I have been accumulating lots of parts. Vitesse Stage 2 turbo and MAF, a bunch of SFR parts, Tial wastegate, and more. Going to go to full coilovers. Also will be doing full interior and exterior color change. The stock poo brown has to go. I have a full leather black interior from my race car that I plan to transplant. Will be going to a factory color that was not offered on 944's or 951's. First it will need a bit of prep to fill the factory alarm keyhole and get all the surfaces in proper condition for new paint.

It's a long term project and I am mid race season so I don't anticipate having it up and running until next year. But I certainly daydream about the finished product... it's pretty badass in my head.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

my projects.......

Spec car is ready for wiring. I just started on the fiberglass dash so it should be soon.

My 3.0l - Well I have all the parts with the exception of the head studs and head gasket. I just got everything back from Jet Hot and am waiting on parts to come back from the polisher. Items included from Pauter, JME, Vitesse, SFR, Lindsey and of course the HH motorsports gang . Since I want to be like everyone else and make a HP prediction that I'll be painfully dissapointed with......I expect to have no problem making the top 100 HP list on here and I should easily make 10 to 15 HP more then my current Vitesse stage 2 motor.

ZO6 - well, my wife just gave me the green light to sell it and buy a C6Z so if anyone wants a pretty nice low mile 02Z let me know. Orginal plan included a low comp 404 CI TT motor but now it'll be something of the 427 variant. Corrent mods include jet hotted LG pro long-tubes, Halltek, x-pipe, etc.............
Old 06-15-2008, 03:01 PM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Not much to tell...I'm waiting for a new set of pistons, engine is in pieces. Wiring for Vitesse VRPB+WS+MAF+MAP is done. New IC pipes and IC is done. Headlights are removed. Pictures in my own thread when I have something to show.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Another random motor build shot...
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2008, 06:25 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks guys. Keep 'em coming. Lets generate some interest in here again.
Brian & Daigo, of course you count. Saying there were a few threads that kept us going recently included you, but definitely post on here too....and anyone else I left out.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:32 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

gt3076r having all sorts of fitment issues, issues with coolant sensor and intake manifold, intake manifold vacuum port and turbo, throttle body boot, steering column heat shield and turbo

list goes on these are just latest ones, much more have been solved already
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2008, 06:52 PM
HansB
Pro

Almost finished my stand-alone DTA S60 project.
Will do a write-up shortly.

New engine build will depend on the sale of my 996 cab
Old 06-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Jasonlp:

This thread may help for the pipe:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...highlight=pipe

Also, as shown in my picture above, you can get a short temp sensor at Napa for extra clearance. The napa part number is: ECHFS158

For extra throttle body clearance, see picture below:
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2008, 08:12 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice guys. This thread inspired me to get out and get some work done on the 951. Greasy as hell at the moment, but the engine is just about ready to come out. Engine bay is pretty clean on the front end... not looking forward to the firewall. This might have been the dirtiest Porsche engine bay I have ever seen.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:30 PM
George D
Drifting

Not on the list but we just installed the TEC GT and are tuning. We should be on the dyno tomorrow for more tuning. A magazine that is doing an article on this car wants a dyno chart before Tuesday. We'll see how it goes. This is a 3.0 motor.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Where are all the projects???