944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Where are all the projects???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 02:17 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Wet and windy Winter kicking in finally. Bored and want to read about some interesting cars in here and there really isn't much going on, nor has there been for some time. No disrespect to the few threads that have kept us going, but seems awful quiet around here. Is everyone just out of cash, forever waiting on parts, had development issues, or doing something else???

even though you posted the thread a couple of years ago, and that i am still new to rennlist, (even though i had been reading the pages for years)...

i just get that impression, that there doesn't seem to be much going on. do you all think the same ?,

it seems, nobody buying COOL STUFF like Carl's superchargers -- neither for the 968s or 944s.

hard to say for sure, but these cars may be fading from view. but who knows.

some pretty dire stuff was posted on P & C by Bill de Cat, about the economy getting much worse, soon... obviously i share similar thoughts.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:43 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
some pretty dire stuff was posted on P & C by Bill de Cat, about the economy getting much worse, soon... obviously i share similar thoughts.

I actually started buying parts again. Wont be as vigorous as before, but instead of collecting dust, Im starting up with a little steam. Also about to pay off my student loans. taking care of debt. Shuffling into a stronger financial position. I actually got a decent job offer today. I hope this is the trend. It may not be a trend where spend is as much as normal, and It may look like no one is making money off me.. (Which they won't soon!) which looks terrible for banks and what not. But in the end, I will be a more secure consumer.. I think in the long run, this is a good thing... for everyone who is doing the same. maybe not on paper immediately, but a good thing none-the-less.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:36 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Clearly it's had an effect on most of us and no more evident than the subject of this thread. We can't afford to put all our hard earned into these cars...but some of us still seem to. Major projects like Rolex's, Thingo's, and the like are the ones that will be delayed the most as they require a lot more than chips, wideband and a 3" exhaust etc...hopefully there can be enough of a recovery to see these reach fruition in the not too distant future.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:56 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by odurandina
even though you posted the thread a couple of years ago, and that i am still new to rennlist, (even though i had been reading the pages for years)...

i just get that impression, that there doesn't seem to be much going on. do you all think the same ?,

it seems, nobody buying COOL STUFF like Carl's superchargers -- neither for the 968s or 944s.

hard to say for sure, but these cars may be fading from view. but who knows.

The same number of projects are gong on that were always going on. Nothing is different. You sharing a thought would require that you first HAVE a thought.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:24 PM
eniac
Drifting

I've got a project I'm working in a dimly lit secret lab somewhere. Over all it's huge however I will start posting some of the little things such as moving the coolant, washer, and PS bottle out of the way and hiding them inside the fender wells. Pretty much everything on my 951 in my sig is, or has been, removed for new stuff.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:05 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Sounds interesting Stephen. We were thinking of putting a dry sump oil tank in that area too. Bit of space in there that can be utilised.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Adam Poland
Racer

I switched my track motor over to the street car. Street cars motor went, and I'm going into spec miata (couldn't afford to race the 951...unfotunately), so it just seemed like the more fun and cost effective idea. Car will be running later this week. Will post pics.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:15 PM
George D
Drifting

Well, my car is close to being done. The D9 dual light buckets are installed, the D9 hood vents are installed and the hood is painted. We are now considering which HID projection lights to use.

Hopefully we'll be tuning in the next few weeks. I'm not in a rush, but do miss my 951. Guess I'll be able to verify all the cooling mods as I'll be driving in Tucson's hot summer weather soon.

We have a new track in Williams AZ. I missed the last PCA event there, but I'll hopefully be able to go in July for the next track event. I'm hoping that I'll have a much cooler running car. I know I will. We did so much extra shielding, oil cooling, trans cooling, and more.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:39 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by George D
Well, my car is close to being done. The D9 dual light buckets are installed, the D9 hood vents are installed and the hood is painted. We are now considering which HID projection lights to use.

Hopefully we'll be tuning in the next few weeks. I'm not in a rush, but do miss my 951. Guess I'll be able to verify all the cooling mods as I'll be driving in Tucson's hot summer weather soon.

We have a new track in Williams AZ. I missed the last PCA event there, but I'll hopefully be able to go in July for the next track event. I'm hoping that I'll have a much cooler running car. I know I will. We did so much extra shielding, oil cooling, trans cooling, and more.
I was considering getting a set of Audi TT 1st gen HID headlights to cut up for just this purpose.... I LOVE the light output on the Audi, but the housings are ugly as SHIPOOP...

Other projects are lurking in the shadows here too... I feel like Dexter with his Laboratory!

Quick Reply: Where are all the projects???