Got my 2.7 big bore!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:50 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fortysixandtwo
I wasn't worried about wiggle between the strut and mount. It's the strut that concerns me. In my limited experience with these cars, I have seen two broken struts and one that had deformed where the threads endered the jam nuts. If you're eventually going back to the stock sensors, I'm sure it will be fine for a while.
Never heard of that happening to be honest
Old 07-08-2008, 03:42 PM
nize
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theedge
I did look at those yes, I just found more info about the Delphis opening time and nothing about those.
i have heard the delphis do not work at over 58lbs of fuel pressure, and they just shut off. do you know if that's true for the injectors you got?

the rc injectors are supposed to have higher fuel pressure capabilities.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:33 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Whatever turns your crank Derek

Thanks
You know me all too well...
Old 07-08-2008, 07:09 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

www.racetronix.com

120s are the only size they have for these, otherwise I probably would have gone with 100s. I chose them because I wanted lots of overhead for future upgrades, and alcohol safe for eventual E85 use. When I read that these have a faster opening and closing time, that sealed the deal assuming they work
Did you look at the methanol 160s?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:46 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrendanC
Did you look at the methanol 160s?
Yup, but too big for my application and slow
Old 07-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nize
i have heard the delphis do not work at over 58lbs of fuel pressure, and they just shut off. do you know if that's true for the injectors you got?

the rc injectors are supposed to have higher fuel pressure capabilities.

If you have 3 bar base fuel pressure you'll reach 58lbs total fuel pressure at only 0.9 bar of boost (or 13 psi). I can guarantee that they don't shut off at that pressure....
Old 07-09-2008, 06:22 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Yup, but too big for my application and slow
Thats a telling statement, thank you. Can you reference the info that you have that states the opening times on these that you purchased? Because 120 may be too SMALL for me, but I will need very fast times to deal with, as you suggest, a good idle with the E85. Where as up to 50% more will be needed in the power band (6:1 AFR is reasonable for high torque and cool power on E85 or E98) only as much as 20% more is needed with E85 at idle from regular gasoline.

I don't want to buy slow 160s, but the 120s may need more fuel pressure that they can take - from the one statement on here about thier high pressure problems.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:24 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

I found some info if this what you were referring to:

http://www.racetronix.com/INJL120.html
Old 07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
nize
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it seems the racetronix 120's are NOT the same as the delphi injectors, though they share the same disc design. are the racetronix modified delphis? who actually makes the racetronix injectors?

i have heard from three different local 951 track-dedicated racers that the delphi disc injectors 'lock up' occasionally when run at fuel pressure greater than 58lb for extended periods (ie; on-boost in fourth and fifth gear). that was the main reason given for going with the RC injectors instead of the delphi.

in fact, one of them offerred to give me his old delphi injectors, but i decided to just buy RC injectors instead.

i'll probably pick up the delphi injectors and have a local shop load-test them at 60lbs to 70lbs and see if they lock up, and compare them to the RC injectors. maybe i'll make a separate injector-vs-injector review thread. i could compare;
1) stock bosch
2) siemens 55lb
3) delphi disc
4) rc disc
Old 07-09-2008, 07:04 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

I found some info if this what you were referring to:

http://www.racetronix.com/INJL120.html
Yup those are the ones I bought....

I found a thread on one of the megasquirt forums that indicated the opening time is around 0.7 or 0.75ms (I think). Ill try to find that thread, I think I had the bookmark on my laptop that was stolen a few weeks ago.

Ill be testing the opening time myself once I get everything hooked up, its quite simple to do assuming you have an oscilliscope.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:08 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nize
it seems the racetronix 120's are NOT the same as the delphi injectors, though they share the same disc design. are the racetronix modified delphis? who actually makes the racetronix injectors?

i have heard from three different local 951 track-dedicated racers that the delphi disc injectors 'lock up' occasionally when run at fuel pressure greater than 58lb for extended periods (ie; on-boost in fourth and fifth gear). that was the main reason given for going with the RC injectors instead of the delphi.

in fact, one of them offerred to give me his old delphi injectors, but i decided to just buy RC injectors instead.

i'll probably pick up the delphi injectors and have a local shop load-test them at 60lbs to 70lbs and see if they lock up, and compare them to the RC injectors. maybe i'll make a separate injector-vs-injector review thread. i could compare;
1) stock bosch
2) siemens 55lb
3) delphi disc
4) rc disc
I dont know much more than whats on that link Brendan posted there. I didnt find anything about lockup while I was researching those injectors, but I guess anything is possible.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:23 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Well I guess you are the tester here then. The E85 will have slightly less lubricity than normal gas, so any "stickyness" will show through quite quickly. Though on the site it DOES say methanol friendly, which is much much worse than E85 in lubricity.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:54 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well I guess you are the tester here then. The E85 will have slightly less lubricity than normal gas, so any "stickyness" will show through quite quickly. Though on the site it DOES say methanol friendly, which is much much worse than E85 in lubricity.
Sadly I cant use E85 anytime soon as its not sold in my area yet. I can and will test the opening times though Probably in 2 or 3 weeks, since a test without fuel pressure is pointless.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:01 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

No Ethanol in Canada Eh? Did you look into getting E98 delivered in barrels? Never visit a gas station again.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:08 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

No Ethanol in Canada Eh? Did you look into getting E98 delivered in barrels? Never visit a gas station again.
Not in my area, theres one or two for city trucks and stuff so I think its coming soon.

Barrels would be nice

Quick Reply: Got my 2.7 big bore!