Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What do you think the best CAR WAX is and why????....

Old 04-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Stuttgart996
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What do you think the best CAR WAX is and why????....

just wondering what waxes you guys feel are the best and why?
thanks
chris
Old 04-27-2008, 02:57 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SWISSVAX Zuffenhausen kit for our cars mate - bar none

I'm perfectly matched to our paint and the only wax made specifically for Porsche.

Have a look at our detailing guide of a 951 for more details: http://www.deutschnine.com/swissvax-...l-your-car.php
Old 04-27-2008, 03:01 PM
future
Banned

Old 04-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Asking that question is like asking what are the best tires.

You have to decide what your looking for in a wax. Choose between durability, protection, and shine. There is no one best wax.

I use mostly one grand products for a compramise between durability and shine. Zaino produces awesome results for shine.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Stuttgart996
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

i would like a great shine and good swirl removal
i may buy swissvax but it is just so damn expensive
any other good products out there?
Old 04-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vwvortex123
i would like a great shine and good swirl removal
i may buy swissvax but it is just so damn expensive
any other good products out there?

http://www.carcareonline.com/howto.aspx

Read soem of these articles and decide for yourself. These guys have been detailing high-end cars for a long time and I buy most of my stuff from them. I've tried virtually every product out these and go withthew one grand products because they look great, are easy to apply, and hold up well in the AZ sun. I can't say that for many of the concourse products.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the one grand stuff is great!

I'm a fan of Prima Epic (2 coats) followed by one grand carnuba wax. it'll last ya a good 6 months, and it's a wonderful, deep shine!

Both one grand and Prima Epic can be purchased at www.detailersparadise.com
Attached Images   
Old 04-27-2008, 04:28 PM
future
Banned

Yes and try doing this with any other product on the market other than Swissvax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upDyerYVIgM

Swissvax is not only the best UV protection, longest lasting wax (12 weeks), The only product developed specicifally for Porsche, Roll Royce oem and Merc Approved.

You simply can't say that it is expensive when it answers all of the above questions if you buy the 356 or Zuffenhausen wax. Obviously the Mystrey and Divine Swissvax products are exceptionally expensive but at the end of the day you truely do get what you pay for - Try compairing a 997 C2 against a 997 GT3, my case in point mate
Old 04-27-2008, 04:30 PM
future
Banned

Sorry Geoff ... I forgot to mention - Those are some fantastic pictures mate
Old 04-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

suds it, wash it, clay it. clean it, polish it, wax or seal it. you can great results with Meguiars, Sonus, Zaino, etc.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:50 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out gurureports.com

they did an extensive test on all major waxes and put them in price catagories. They also seperated them by wax base and non wax base. Zaino and PS21 came out on top over all. Period.

Everyone has their own opinion, even me, but this is what they came up with and it was very in depth and explained. I use graniteautogrooming products.com. He's local here and makes his own. I have a feeling he took Zaino and redid it a bit and put it in a bottle but I went 80,000 miles cross country, in the worst weather. Salt, sleet, sand, humidity, and heat. 18 months later the car was still beading with beads smaller than a nickel. I couldn't believe it.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:10 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by future
Yes and try doing this with any other product on the market other than Swissvax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upDyerYVIgM
I don't understand, what was this video supposed to show me?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Might want to move this to the car care forum.

I like zymol
Old 04-27-2008, 08:24 PM
future
Banned

Hi Mark

The video shows how Swissvax beads water. Basically water will just run of the car and it is dry in seconds leaving no water stains/residue and this will late for about 12 weeks so all you need to do when your car gets dirty is rinse it off and job done (back to show room) - ANY OTHER WAXES THAT CAN DO THIS and restore original paint colour at the same time???? Case in point

You can literally drive down the freeway when it’s raining and not use the wipers Swissvax is that good regarding water beading and run off.

Keith... As for Zymol that's the rip-off of Swissvax or as Swissvax is know in Switzerland, Swizol (recognize the similarity in name!)

There products are in no way comparable with Swissvax other than an attempt to use their brand.

Swissvax is 100% handmade in Switzerland and not price dependent upon the product you buy and made this way since 1930.

My advice for you US guys is to get in contact with detailersdomain.com and they will tell you all or failing that do a Google search and see what all the named brand pro-detailers use and I think you will find it's only one name – SWISSVAX.

I have been testing waxes for over 10 years and yes I agree there are a lot of very good product but stay well clear of any synthetic stuff which takes a later away from your paint – They call themselves ‘Paint Renovation’ products only to leave your car dull after a few weeks latter to mopping.

To this effect do you all understand what Carnauba wax is, where it comes from and what makes it special and lastly the different types there are?

Well to put this into perspective Carnauba Wax ONLY comes naturally from Brazil from the Carnauba Palm (Copernicia Prunifera) which is know native as the ‘Queen of Waxes’. A lot of other companies now buy this from Green House Farms in China – I will mention no names!

All of the above is why myself and Beni negotiated business terms with Swissvax as the worldwide recognized authorized dealers of there Porsche Specific product. It wasn’t about profit … It was about delivering YOU, the Porsche owner the very best on the market which is solely what we are about and as part of our commitment we will sell all ‘Master Kits’ worldwide with FREE shipping and if you are not happy then we will refund you in full. This comes with full instructions of use and many tips and tricks which only the pro-detailers will keep to themselves.

Please do not see this as me trying to sell you there products, it’s simply our commitment and hard work – You can buy these in the US from various vendors so please try Swissvax before you comment or make reference to these other inferior products.

And as Keith states ... Yes this is heavily discussed in the 'car care forums' on this site
Old 04-27-2008, 08:57 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL I thought it was don't use a pressure washer unless you use SwissVax. Which of course I did on my truck and wife's SUV Saturday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you think the best CAR WAX is and why????....