Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: If you were going to do a 944 3.0L turbo, who would you have do it???
Lindsey Racing
24.59%
Powerhaus
1.64%
SFR
6.56%
944 Ehancement
22.95%
John Milledge
26.23%
John Mitchell (England/Crate Motor)
3.28%
Under Pressure Performance (Area 951?)
14.75%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

3.0L Turbo project

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007 | 06:12 PM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Thom
Can they supply an assembled shortblock alone ? Budget ?
I dont work there, if your interested just get in touch.....and be prepared for a long wait as these things take time!
Old 11-25-2007 | 07:10 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by m42racer
Get off the thread withyour issues!!! Keep to the point. Maybe if it was sold right, configured right and built right this issue would not happen.

Now back to the regularly schedule programming, my vote is for CEP as well. I will tell you why. Its because this company has the ability and products to make your engine so different to anything else out there. Who else has the block work they have, who else has the head work they have, who else has the camshafts they have( I know of one) and who else has the Oiling system they have. Etc Etc.

Its about what is offered not what is promised. I also know of whats coming down the line too. Hang on folks, its going to be amazing. Trust me.

I have stated way back about the parts I was involved with. Well, the Deck Plate, Girdle Mod, Intake Mod, Pistons, Head work, Crank , Cams, Oil System, EFI, Intake Manifold, Wet Sump, etc etc is all available now. I did build an engine, trust me. It never got off the dyno before it was changed in some way to test the other new parts. The idea was never to do anything else but to have new parts made and offered for sale. I hope to get one built up someday. I'm think about having one built for racing only.

It is no surprise that 2 of the choices either use CEP or have looked at his products in depth and want to use them.
I too have heard speak of such new and wonderful things for the future. I can't wait to see what these may be???
Old 11-25-2007 | 07:15 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Funny thing 33pg333, I figured you knew????
Old 11-25-2007 | 07:15 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Chris, I was not going to name you, you chose to make this personal. Most who read this probably would never have known who I was talking about. I didn't urge anyone to not use you or any vendor in my post. I posted my experience with an unnamed vendor and recommended 2 vendors with whom I have had excellent experiences.

A few who know the story urged me to post it months ago including some former customers of yours, who also received a berating after posting their experience. I didn't until now because I knew it would be met with a reply similar to what you've posted. Regarding any other vendors, I personally could care less of the gossip 'behind the scenes', I had a business relationship with you with a 5 figure dollar amount attached to it that had nothing at all to do with any other vendor.

I'm surprised to see you mention payment - there was never any problem paying you and you know that, I paid in advance for practically every service or part I received. I changed banks, and told you as much. Are you insinuating that I stiffed you of money? Because that is the implication.

Regarding the Tec3, you should have just charged me the 20%, as I offered to pay a restocking fee. I changed my mind because you by this point had delayed my build by months and made a few egregious errors on my build that had subsequently caused me to lose confidence in the product. This was exacerbated by the two Australian MID motors that blew up soon after initial startup, especially after speaking with the guys involved who's stories reeked of similar sloppiness.

The Tec3 unit was brand new and could easily have been used on one of the several other Tec3 builds you have going, which is what you told me at the time. Also, when I decided to build the 968 head, I bought the second set of pistons and kept the 8v pistons, so really you had nothing out of pocket on that at all and really just sold me another set of pistons. You definitely weren't upside down. I sold the 8v pistons recently to a Rennlister for $200 and a 944 S2 cam cover, I don't think thats coming out ahead. Should I mention how you tried to buy my core out from under me when I linked you to its ad, told you its low asking price and asked you whether or not I should buy it for my build?

Regardless of any of the above, simple fact is you told me over the phone the head was ready to go when it was not even close to ready to go, after a prolonged wait over 3 or 4 times what you told me it would be. You told me - to my face - the valve guides had been replaced when they had not been replaced. You charged me for cylinder head assembly when you did not even completely DIS-assemble my cylinder head. As far as anything else goes between us, I drew the short straw, and to insinuate in some way that I owe you money is unprofessional, inappropriate and untrue. Regarding shopping elsewhere - I have.

Pole Position, yeah well what do you do, hindsight is 20/20....You were right!

m42racer, you are right with respect to Custom Engineered Performance along with Performance Developments. Dave at CEP has the unique ability to take something from an idea to reality in a very short period of time and really offers services that no one else can. I'm excited to see his business grow as it certainly means innovative parts for our cars.
Old 11-25-2007 | 07:40 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

It's great to see CEP has finally gotten the respect it deserves!
Old 11-25-2007 | 08:27 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Wow. What next? (insert popcorn eating icon here)
Old 11-25-2007 | 08:50 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Paul – have a nice life. There is obviously nothing I can do for you now.
I am proud of the support I give my customers. It seems that a vast majority of them are happy. Apparently your expectations were not met. As you pointed out – hind sight is 20/20. I should have passed on your project.
Old 11-25-2007 | 08:56 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

You would have looked a lot better if you had not responded at all. At least not in public.
Old 11-25-2007 | 09:04 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by m42racer
Funny thing 33pg333, I figured you knew????
Yup!!!
Old 11-25-2007 | 09:22 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris Prack
You would have looked a lot better if you had not responded at all. At least not in public.
Your are right Chris....but some times people can just get you too cranked up!
Old 11-25-2007 | 09:37 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

I am not going to get into any more mud slinging or opening up old wounds. The one thing that I'll say is that not so long ago Dave used to cop a lot of snide remarks from some of the more formerly outspoken supporters of other vendors and now it seems like the recognition he is getting for the good work that he and Neil does has shifted the shoe to the other foot. Those that formerly made the negative comments thought they were aligned with some sort of powerbase. They now seem incongruously quiet. All the while Dave didn't grace those remarks with any retorts that believe me, he could have, and with plenty of ammo.
Well done Dave and may your success continue to grow!
Old 11-25-2007 | 10:05 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Interesting discussion.

Perhaps it can get back to information sharing.
Old 11-25-2007 | 10:09 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Cool! Here is some info, 928's are heavy!!!
Old 11-25-2007 | 10:31 PM
chrisconstantin
Advanced

Ouch!
Old 11-25-2007 | 10:35 PM
chrisconstantin
Advanced

Sent an email to CEP. I will see what they say. Hell, I am still waiting to get my motor mounts done at a local shop. It has been there for almost two weeks. What do you guys think of Vitesse for my engine management and turbo? He lives here in Atlanta and it would be nice to do business with someone that is here in town for at least part of this build.

Quick Reply: 3.0L Turbo project